• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Types of annoying Players - which annoys you most?

ZeldEmblIcar

Smash Rookie
ugh...I have a friend on a different site that is the boasting type, he drives me crazy...he's caused me to have a permanent grudge against Ness! :(
A possible new type: The kind of person who is conviced that one character (example: Ness) will always win, no matter who is playing as them.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I thought of another
The Oh.. Duh..... type, on a timed match, (I don't do them much but still) they think they are doing good getting the 2 others hit a lot, when there are 3 other players and when they realise how 1 guy is standing off to the side waiting for them to get real high damage so they can get an easy kill they go "Oh.. Duh......."
they are usually 2 guys trying to gang up on you or trying to fight 2 people at once, so basically the ones that encourage the Opportunity type or don't pay enough attention to realise that they are doing so

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
C spammers.(C smash followed by C smash followed by...)

close runner up-Tournament Jocks("LOL, you don't know how to wavedash or SHUFFL? you're gay!!!")

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll bet money that you can't wavedash in Brawl, lordvaati.

/DR doesn't count.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh, I was kidding. I play Melee too, I just lurk the Doc boards.

But yeah, your post summed it up.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The "guy who sulks for 5 mins after he loses a match" guy.

The "guy who sits down, plugs in his controller, plays the set and shakes your hand without even once looking at you."

I probably have more.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
the defensive runner and the spammer type annoys me the most
i can't stand them!!!!

llBluBll

Smash Cadet
People who are planking for like a minute or more and people who always think of an excuse why they lost a match.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The "guy who sulks for 5 mins after he loses a match" guy.
LOL ftw

What about the "guy who yanks his controller out by the wire and storms off after losing" guy.

The "guy who takes forever to press A after the match and is holding everyone up" guy.

The "waits for you to choose your character then counterpicks before the first match" guy.

The "teams partner who is never around and is holding up the tournament" guy.

The "guy with a drifting analog stick so we have to wait for him to unplug and plug his controller a dozen times before we can start the set" guy.

The "guy whose name is called by the TO several times to play their match but he is apparently deaf and keeps playing friendlies" guy.

The "play their tournament set and then play a bunch of friendlies without getting up" guys.

The "start a money match right when the tournament is starting so now nobody can use that TV because of the golden Money Match TV rule" guys.

The "bring a tiny 7-inch TV to the tournament" guy.

The "quits via No Contest right before he loses the match" guy.

The "sandbags in Winners/Losers/Grand Finals because he thinks he has no chance of winning" guy.

The "always brags about how they beat so-and-so this one time" guy.

The "guy who plays a crappy character then johns about how much their character sucks after they lose" guy.

The "guy who plays a crappy character then johns about how much their character sucks after they win" guy.

The "guy who counterpicks Green Greens or Jungle Japes every time" guy.

UncleSam

Smash Master
What about:
The "guy who unplugs his opponents controller when he steals his color" guy

that's me right thar

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
the Ness player who can only with with Ness using bthrow, and snakes utilt are the most annoying to me.

the players i hate the most are the ones who are all full of themselves saying they are better then everyone else and gives the stupidest johns ever when they get destroyed like *oh i went easy on you* or *oh i dont want the attention of being the best so i let you win* or *i let you win so you never cried when you lost* etc

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
item types! bats on high! people throwing bats everywhere!!!!!
defensive runners! sonic on temple or pit or falco on bridge of Elden, spamming arrows and lazers when your on the opposite sides! Usually i will pick pit(mirror shield), or mk(infinite dimensional cape)
Spammers! i can still beat them and completely punish them for spamming, but it's just a pain to play against those people.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
The "Unplug Your Controller" guy, the guy who unplugs your controller while you play
(this is for about any game with controllers that need to be plugged in, doesn't happen much with wavebird but still)
AKA, a cheater

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
1. Spammers (generally annoying and a pest that must be punished and removed)

2. Online Spammers (just do a battle on gamebattles.com and get ready to throw a fit)

3. John-ers (I lost because my glasses are broken, because I haven't played in years, etc.)

4. Fake Pros: (overhyped people with moderate skill levels - not to be confused with people like m2k, obm, etc that actually have talent)

5. Rude Players: (cannot stand rude people just go the f*** away and stop acting like d***heads when at tournaments)

6. Bad Sports (go hand in hand with rude players for being obnoxious and annoying)

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
People who only use top tier characters and have no actual skill/brains beyond abusing the characters.

In one AiB team match, I ended up playing samus against two G&W's. They kept trying to spam aerial>dSmash, but I just outspaced/shield grabbed them each time for about 3 minutes and won the match. They switched to MK + Falco the next match :dizzy:

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
SmashBoarders who work together on Basic Brawl. I am trying to find a Wario (not specifically a main, just somebody who is good enough with him that it would be worth it to trash him on video), and these two guys think it's funny to abuse FFA rules. You made your point about FFAs which I got years ago, now either stop being so uncool about it or get off my WiFi. You're wasting the connection.

rraws

Smash Rookie
how about the pity "final smash type" example sonic lets himself die until the game gives him a final smash he uses it gets 3 cheep kills and proceeds to run away the entire battle and since time matches suck he probably wins it :mad:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
how about the pity "final smash type" example sonic lets himself die until the game gives him a final smash he uses it gets 3 cheep kills and proceeds to run away the entire battle and since time matches suck he probably wins it :mad:
wouldn't they lose by default since they're stalling?

....unless you're talking about Regular play. then yeah, that sucks.

UncleSam

Smash Master
You have to be killed more than 3 times to get the smashball, and I don't even think SD's count towards it
I haven't played FFA in so long I've practically forgotten anyway maybe I'm wrong
and I don't see what's so annoying about Sonic's taunt

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
OMFG how could I forget the "hasn't showered in a week" guy.

The "extremely sweaty post-match handshake" guy.

The "extremely sweaty" guy.

UncleSam

Smash Master
OMFG how could I forget the "hasn't showered in a week" guy.
I
sadly
know one of those

The "extremely sweaty post-match handshake" guy.
when you're playing an intense match in a room with NO air conditioning on a summer day it's kind of hard to not sweat especially when it's filled with people

The "extremely sweaty" guy.
I also
sadly
know one of these

Top Bottom