• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U of M - Minnesota Monthlies. Nov. 21st Results

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Brawl Singles:
1. Nappy - Snake/MK
1. Moe - MK/Marth
3. TripleR - Kirby
4. Yoshq - Luigi
5. Near - Toon Link
5. Neomagic - Ness
7. Amanze - Pit/Zamus
7. Breezy - Ganondorf
9. Disciple - Lucario
9. Loki - Pit/Diddy?
9. Black Marf - Marth
9. John - ROB
13. Dub - GaW
13. Claus
13. Epic
13. Bob
17. Clayton
17. Dan
17. Funen1
17. Fista
17. Gabe

Brawl Doubles:
1. Nappy ****ing Sucks - Moe/Near
2. No Idea - Neomagic/Amanze
3. I'm Not Trolling Nappy/Disciple
4. Kirb stomp RRR/Breezy
5. Dub and Fista
5. John and Dane
7. Luke and Jordan
7. Black Marf and Blind
9. Funen1 and Adam
9. Go team Crawford
9. Dan and Dalton
9. Team Philip

Melee Doubles
1. Disciple and Lucas
2. Triple Pretendy
3. Better Than Triple Pretendy
4. Justin and Jordan

Melee Singles:
1 lucas
2 dendy
3 RRR
4 Jordan
5. Amanze
5. Ocho
7.Fumps
7 Disciple
9.Clayton
9.Adam
9.Chre

good tourney, good job hosting Moe and Ocho. Will post shout out laters.

yoshq

Smash Master
luigi, and cf for 1 match! lol. TO's like putting snake up when I use him 1 match but no cf? :(

I hope you guys can get more attendees, you had way more room for setups and stuff and it was a great tournament. If you get a sponsor and some pot bonus I know you'll have attendees up the butt, just saying

oh yeah, and like I said you could have put signs up to where the room was at, since we were looking for it for 30 min. but no johns.

yoshq

Smash Master
shoutins
1. Nappy - i suck i guess T_T
1. Moe - see nappy
3. TripleR - you're 2 gud, mm next one 4 revenge
5. Near - i know the matchup, sucks we got matched up twice
5. Neomagic - fun stuff!
7. Amanze - friendlies sometime
7. Breezy - sweet ganon as always, i take that matchup as srs bsns
9. Disciple - those friendlies were bad, looking forward to some more or something... o.o
9. Loki - pit sucks
13. Claus - I was really surprised to see you - friendlies at the next one of these

napZzz

Smash Hero
I used mk alot at this tournament actually. Put him near my name ;D

vids of this tournament to come!~

you dont suck! You took a game off moe with LUIGI. Took a game off of his MK with LUIGI lolll. He had to take you to brinstar to make sure he could win even funnier lmao

AXE 09

Smash Master
happy to hear that there was melee at this tourney. please keep playing melee everyone!! i might move here to MN one day, and i wanna play some really good melee players

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah Yoshq, I know they were bad. I was sick that day, but I told everyone that I wasn't going to use that as an excuse for how I played, if I didn't want to go because of me feeling bad, then I wouldn't have gone. Ah well hopefully I can redeem myself at the next tourney, once Moe and Ocho can figure out a date for it.

yoshq

Smash Master
you dont suck! You took a game off moe with LUIGI. Took a game off of his MK with LUIGI lolll. He had to take you to brinstar to make sure he could win even funnier lmao
no, dude, that's the thing, I got him down to 1 life when I still had 3 then he reverse 3 stocked me :(. then last game he 2 stocked me I think. the only game I took off him was his marth. I keep telling myself I won't use luigi against mk's, but it's too fun - I'm trying to use snake for the matchup though. only reason I didn't here is because you told me he knew the matchup too well.

btw I saved all 3 matches of my mm with moe :)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I used mk alot at this tournament actually. Put him near my name ;D

vids of this tournament to come!~

You disappoint me. Where is the diddy under your name?

napZzz

Smash Hero
I play for the money now. **** diddy kong

and what D says is true. Lucario is gay D: <

I use diddy. Just only for certain matchups, and I never found the chance to use him

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Sooooooo fun.

1. Nappy - Goood stuff. Nappy only slightly sucks now

1. Moe - We ***** soooooo hard in doubles lol, good stuff in singles too. Good job hosting, Ocho too!

3. TripleR - Fun friendlies before the tourney started

4. Yoshq - Yeah it did kinda suck haha, Good Luigi though! Couldn't get around all that jab stuff lol

5. Neomagic - We didn't get to play any friendlies this time :( Fun doubles set though!

7. Amanze - See Neo (Except for that Ps1 match of snake vs zamus xD)

7. Breezy - Blah we didn't play at allllll. Weren't we gonna MM? can't remember lol

9. Disciple - Sucks that you were sick :( I really didn't wanna be gay at the end of match 2, But i knew if i didn't you'd come back and **** me sideways. Match 2 of that doubles set, DBZ ****.

9. Loki - Nice seeing you again, Didn't play at all though, lol

Anyone who played Moe and I in doubles-

Hyro

Smash Lord
Holy **** finally you guys post results here like normal people.

GOOOOOOD **** NEAR WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!111

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shout outs

Breezy – yeah, teams didn’t go so well ;_; I couldn’t keep the other teams from double teaming you very well. Otherwise it just seemed like you were dying at low percents. I really didn’t know what to do. I still can’t believe you didn’t use Ganondorf against me in singles bracket. I thought you would have enough experience against me to not worry about it, but apparently nappy brainwashed you into using high tiers :mad: which didn’t go so well. I’d say stick to Ganon if that’s who you want to play. I mean I play Kirby in Melee and I can manage to still pull wins out of my sleeves. Seems like you just had a bad day :(

John & Dane – Fun doubles match. I remember a lot of rolling and just waiting to punish it. I just remember wolf rolling around a lot. Maybe try other options because it can get predictable. I think you should try using bair with wolf more. It’s a really good move. ROB was good too.

Nappy – Don’t remember our doubles match very well. I just think it’s way easier to juggle snake in teams :D Singles match was fun. It didn’t feel as bad as that 3-0 at SDC’s. You must have been sandbagging :p You said you were lucky that first match, but a spike is a spike. I shouldn’t have floated right into it. Always fun playing you. Oh yeah, I’ll try to stop running into meta ****, but it’s hard with how I play Kirby. ;D

Disciple – Sucks that you weren’t feeling well. Like I said to Nappy, I don’t really remember our doubles matches, brawl or melee lol. Our melee set was too close. Always gotta save that swallowcide surprise for a clutch win :p I’m still surprised you just didn’t go fox against me. Oh well, maybe next time. Don’t worry, your fruit punch is safe and sound in my fridge :D

Dub – Only played you in our doubles match, which again I don’t really remember. Doubles matches are hard to remember lol. Keep up the G&W.

Fista – Basically the same as Dub’s, but you played Wario teams. I didn’t even know you played Wario. Guess you don’t like Diddy in teams lol.

Amanze – I feel like Breezy and I didn’t give you a good fight in teams. Good job taking a game off a Moe, at least I think you did. Didn’t play you in singles like I usually do.

Neomagic – Yeah, you guys ***** us in teams. Your matches against Disciple were really intense and had weird endings lol. I mean KOing someone with PK thunder 0_o Our singles match was close like it always is. Any time I beat you I don’t know how I do it. It always feels like an up hill battle.

Claus – I’m famous! You’ve heard of me before you met me in person (I’m cool). Nice Lucas, sometimes I have trouble with that match up. I still can’t believe I basically KOed you with copied PK Freeze. Don’t let that happen again XD. Lol saying you were going to lose before we start our match. I’m plenty beatable. Just ask Nappy, I play a bad character. Hope to see you at more events.

Black Marf – You started out so well in our singles match, but little did you know I was crippled because my c-stick wasn’t working (johns). Don’t let me walk off the stage with you in my mouth lol. Especially when I’m at high percent and you’re at 0 XD. I’m pretty sure you’re Marth has been getting better since you’ve been playing more people. Oh yeah, beat Breezy in a MM already lol.

YoshQ - I can’t believe I lost the first match because I was stupid enough to charge a fsmash and then you just run up and upb me when I’m in my ending lag. I’ll make a mental note of that. Second match on japes was interesting. I got a stock lead, and then get a claptrap combo on you. You still did really well for starting out so bad that match. Third match was extremely nerve wracking. I don’t think I’ve shook that match during a match before XD. You just wouldn’t die, and I didn’t wanna commit to a strong attack so I just kept on bairing you offstage over and over again. Oh yeah, I’m from Winnesota :p (well I’m from Wisconsin, but I go to college in Minnesota). I don’t approve of the jabs lol. I’m not a believer lol.

Moe- First, thanks for co-running the tourney. Besides that our loser’s finals set seemed like a joke lol, even if I did take the first game. I need some more meta practice. Nice job keeping your nado high enough where I couldn’t fsmash it :mad: I should have tried to bair the corner of it instead. Next time you should use marth against me ;D Otherwise, good job as always. Maybe I’ll have better luck next time :p

Near – Pretty fun friendlies. I never have played a good toon link in person before. Our matches were really close. Maybe we’ll play in bracket some time.

Epic – I think you asked for brawl friendlies, but I just got busy eating then going right into melee doubles and it just didn’t happen. Maybe next time. Sorry

Other person who asked for friendlies – see Epic above

Jordan – I know you used jiggz against me and someone else in melee, but I don’t remember who it was. You’re pretty good. My Kirby utilt, bair, and uair prevailed though. You should come to more stuff, you’re good.

Tempest – I thought you guys had us in teams for a bit. Too bad you couldn’t stay for singles.

Dendy – Thanks for teaming with me. We didn’t do so bad for just throwing our team together lol. Oh yeah, I was doing okish against you in loser’s finals, but then you ***** me with falco on yoshis, which is usually a match up a feel good about. Back to the drawing board for me lol.

Yoshii – Our melee set was surprisingly close. I would have never guessed it would have gone to the 5th match. I was kinda surprised you went sheik against me and even more surprised when you almost went Zelda lol. Fun set. Good job on 1st.

Fumps – Didn’t get to play you at all in tourney. I don’t even know how you did. Luckily we got friendlies in the end. Keep it up. Your falcon just needs some more mindgames and I think it could go to a whole new scary level where it’s hard for Kirby to keep up lol.

Ocho – Of course thanks for co-hosting this. Didn’t play you in tourney either. Just got to play you in friendlies at the end. You’re getting pretty technical, which is good. It keeps me on my toes and makes me better too. Kinda like Fumps, I wish I could see more mixups and mindgames. I feel like you go into autopilot and that’s where you lose footing. I just always think you should place higher for how technical you are, so there must be something else. Oh yeah, I’m never using high tier or any other character for that matter in tourney. I main Kirby and I have no secondaries. Obviously I use other characters in friendlies because playing one character gets boring, but there’s no way you could convince me to use other characters in tourney lol. It would seem like a waste for how much work I’ve put into Kirby. I’ll obviously be playing you more as the year goes on lol. You’re about the only person I get constant melee practice with. :D

Well that got long. Good tourney as always. It was loads of fun. Until next time :kirby:

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Amanze - good **** in teams, especially since we fought our way out of matches after being down.

Disciple - i think we should be banned from fighting each other in a tourney match or else one of these days, one of us will die from a heart attack.

Moe - nothing less than expected. you've been owning us in state, now beast other people OoS.

Breezy - I didn't get to play you in singles, but I did play you in teams. Thanks for warming me up. I got crazy kills on you in our last match and it only made me play better against Nappy and Disciple. I think we both should move onto high tiers.

RRR - Even when we first started playing in tourney matches, it never seemed easy to beat you. Now it might not even be possible anymore. You got way too good over the summer, some of your reads are right on.

Near - We never did our battle for PLS crown. Even though neither of us are from Prior Lake/Savage. good job winning teams.

Fista - I don't remember who you used to play, but your Wario is getting really good. Keep working on it.

YoshQ - Even though you may not read this, thanks for coming from Wisconsin to this event. I'm glad I got to play your beastly luigi. those jabs are disgustingly good.

Loki - Thanks for coming to this, it was fun playing you guys in doubles. I hope you found Canes, because it's the ****.

Claus - It's fun to see new faces at tournaments, glad that you had fun with our doubles matches.

John, Dane/Dan?, and Bob - you 3 were REALLY REALLY good, especially for this being your first tournament.

Bob - your meta knight really impressed me, but it just needs more tournament experience. You did really well against moe your first match and it was a shame that you had to face someone familiar with your style. I really wanted to see how you did had you not ran into those people.

Rob Player (John or Dane) - Very nice Rob, I always had troubles against him and it showed this tournament. Your rob was tearing me apart in teams even though some of your moves were coming out predictably. Work on mixing it up, and stop rolling so much! The rolls get predictable real fast

Wolf player ( John or Dane) - Nice wolf, we haven't had a wolf main around here since Chexr. Again, just work not rolling too much. Especially right into me. Our doubles match ended up real close and I see a lot of potential in you guys. Enter more tournaments!

Melee players (Tempest, Dendy, Yoshii) - it's been ages since I last saw you guys. Sorry for not being able to play melee, I don't have time to practice! That's why I play brawl.

Sie Tao

Smash Rookie
happy to hear that there was melee at this tourney. please keep playing melee everyone!! i might move here to MN one day, and i wanna play some really good melee players
haha yea we will definitely be playing for a while, and your pikachu is way too good ;)

Shout outs

Jordan – I know you used jiggz against me and someone else in melee, but I don’t remember who it was. You’re pretty good. My Kirby utilt, bair, and uair prevailed though. You should come to more stuff, you’re good.
when i first saw you play kirby in melee, i thought i was guaranteed to be in winners finals but man was i wrong haha. i'm amazed at how well you can play kirby at such a high level. i guess i shouldn't underestimate people based on their character lol, and that was a close but really fun set :)

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
haha yea we will definitely be playing for a while, and your pikachu is way too good ;)

when i first saw you play kirby in melee, i thought i was guaranteed to be in winners finals but man was i wrong haha. i'm amazed at how well you can play kirby at such a high level. i guess i shouldn't underestimate people based on their character lol, and that was a close but really fun set :)
You're Jordan?!?!

You were soo good man. You definetely need to come to more stuff. You (and everyone else in this thread) know about MNSmash right? If not you defienetely need to get on there - its where minnesota posts its tourney info and everything. But yeah, beating me and Amanze in your first tournament is like, very suprisingly good. Good ****, keep it up.

Sie Tao

Smash Rookie
You're Jordan?!?!

You were soo good man. You definetely need to come to more stuff. You (and everyone else in this thread) know about MNSmash right? If not you defienetely need to get on there - its where minnesota posts its tourney info and everything. But yeah, beating me and Amanze in your first tournament is like, very suprisingly good. Good ****, keep it up.
haha thanks. i'm surprised at how i did, considering how nervous i was since it was one of the few tournies i've been to (no johns). we will definitely try to attend more in the future, thanks for hosting

Top Bottom