• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

Facepalm

Smash Cadet
So i just caught up with reading these posts.
Choknater: NICE you're moving to SF? You can give me tips or we could play a couple friendlies when I go back during breaks.

Bizz: Its ok i've just been told that we have the dazzle and will probably be recording matches over this week or so. But yeah Mexican ***** me and the game than i lost to Dooky's ganon. Bizz training didn't help... totally different styles. But yeah my IC videos are as rare as a wild magikarp in Merced

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
@Lumpy: i guess i got away with it this time lol... and good luck

@GKL: Nonetheless, you did very well in that tourney. I'm thinking about placing you higher in our ranking by one spot, but we'll see how well you perform in our next tourney.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I should go visit you guys up in merced. I've been hanging out with Kim from merced alot. She said she knew you!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
so here's the situation. i have much less of a chance of renting out the California room due to the room being used as events for freshmen since it is around the beginning of the college year (September). i cannot check for available days until September the 1st because the school would not be finished scheduling it's events until that day (priority).

so what i'll do is host the tournament at our house (very large but we would lack tables and chairs) that we rented on either September 4th or 11th. however, if the California Room turns out to be available on the first two weekends, then i'll make a sudden change of plans. i'll take it and host it there instead.

but for the time-being, should we host it on Sept 4th or 11th? answer asap please

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
it would be great to go to two tournaments within two weeks (modesto & merced).

but the California Room is better for the long run because it would attract freshmen. maybe it's okay since we can host another one in late october/early november

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
interesting.........

4th i might be busy.

11th im DEFINITELY busy.

5th is my birthday

we'll see how it goes down for me haha

4th sounds better, the sooner, the better. Choknater always busy, he has his life already planned out and on schedule.

Man your birthday already? It seems like it wasn't that long ago....

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Definitely another $1 CF tournament

And btw, since we are most likely going to host at our house, there is no closing time really... (you can probably stay as long as you want)

The only thing is that we shouldn't be too loud after 11pm due to the risk of getting noise complaints, but there shouldn't be a problem with that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i hopeeee i can make it, you guys do know i will be living in sf by thsi time lol. ill definitely see tho cuz im going back to modesto for my birthday regardless

Definitely another $1 CF tournament

And btw, since we are most likely going to host at our house, there is no closing time really... (you can probably stay as long as you want)

The only thing is that we shouldn't be too loud after 11pm due to the risk of getting noise complaints, but there shouldn't be a problem with that.
Would it be okay to let someone like me stay until morning? I guess the Modesto crew could leave me there overnight and I could get either of my parents to pick me up unless I end up getting abandoned. Well that's nice either way so we're not pressured for time

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much down to go whenever. Although actually I'm hosting a SSF4 tourney on the 5th so the 4th isn't the best day for me either. I'd still go though if that's the date you ended up choosing

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
forgot to change the title a few days ago haha

anyways, we're hosting at our new house that we're renting. so we can start whenever and end whenever =P

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
we're changing the location to the Den in order to attract freshmen.

I did not expect a lot of freshmen to play/learn melee (10+ smashers)

I'll list most of them and their mains:

2 links
a mewtwo
a luigi/marth
a fox
a ganon (the best freshman player so far)
a pikachu
a jigglypuff
a falco
a young link (better watch out project style)
a roy

and some more that I couldn't keep track of...

time to teach them all. hope that they will become as good as the top players in merced one day so we can say that merced mains everything.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Dang, nice stuff biz. A Mew2 main though? That's rare. Most people get frustrated after 30 seconds and give up on it forever. Are they all going to the tournament on the 11th? That'd be a pretty nice turn out

Top Bottom