• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
1: freak gasoline fight accident (Bizzarro Flame & Mugatu) ($43.20)
2: Team Secret of a Delusional Omega (Tafokints & GK Infinity) ($21.60)
3: OG LOC & Carl Johnson *****es (MARU & Mr Yaah) ($7.20)
4: My Kindergarten Teacher was Busty as **** (69% & GKL)
5: Alexander Yatskar (STK & DOTA)
5: Dinner of the Illicit Salesmen (Blazing Arrow & Das Boot)
7: We're Godzilla (pandacobo & italian stallion)
7: rush hour (Babr & 2highsofly)

1: Bizzarro Flame ($64.80)
2: Tafokintz ($32.40) (Forfeited grand finals)
3: MARU ($10.80)
4: GKL
5: GB
5: Money Mario
7: 69%
7: MTIE
9: GK Infinity
9: DOTA
9: STK
9: 2badsosad
13: Blazing Arrow
13: Mr Yaah
13: Mufasa
13: Mugatu
17: Hot Coffee
17: Wolfman
17: Pandacobo
17: Lvl 9 Ganon +3 Handicaps
17: Wombo
17: Red Kangaroo Tail
17: 2highsofly
25: Friar Y
25: Italian Stallion

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cuz bizarro's too E-Z!

good stuff guys, nick u gotta place higher! i woulda got 1st at this tourny EZ

but i got 9th at cgc not legit, lost to scar and shroomed

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
tafo was late to a party, so he had to bounce

so much moniessss =D

good **** guys. it was another awesome tournament... especially with level 9 ganon ripping it up. matches will be online soon including level 9 ganon

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I've gotten 9th at every ucm tourney so far (i've been to all of them), so why break the trend? Actually I think i got 10th at the one with the swiss tournament format but whatevs lol

Shoutouts really quick:

Biz- Thanks for hosting another great tournament. You destroyed me in singles and then when I played you later and you had a +3 handicap I actually did better. It was on brinstar too where the poisonous acid lava bath kills at 40% or something lol. I am 12 and what is this

GB- So, I heard you actually entered this tournament as 2 different people...

Maru- GGs back at Garlen's place. All those game types we did were hella fun

MGA2- Sheik? T_T You should stick with falcon :D Also, CATAN

GKL- Yo pridy guud. Won the race to 50 stars. We should get some more fox vs ICs games next time, they're fun

69%- MANNNNN our set was so close. You had a clutch 0-death comeback on game 1, game 2 I got lucky and read a mistake which led you to SDing, and then game 3 you read a roll perfectly and daired me last stock at high percent. Seriously, crazy reaction time on that... good stuff. Also, dog dittos were fun and SAN ANDREASSSS

STK- You're really good at sweet spotting that UpB. I barely got to play you but GGs, you did really well.

DOTA- That level 9 ganon was so gay! Man, why did both Nick's have to fight it? You did better against it than I did though so good job haha. Oh, and spam missiles when you're playing against my zelda. I'm not a patient enough player to react to missile spam rationally and i'll probably end up getting hit by a few of them (lol, it's true though)

Blazingarrow- GGs. I always have to play you in tournament, what's up with that? It seems like you use different characters every time we play too. Do you have a main yet? If you stick with one character for a while you'll probably improve a lot by learning specific matchups.

Wolfman-Hey, I think this was the 2nd time i've played you in tourney. Your falcon's gotta better. I highly doubt you've got any zelda players to play against for practice and that'd be kind of a waste of time anyway, so just keep working on perfecting the basics and maybe you'll be able to overwhelm me the next time we play.

Tafokintz- Good stuff in teams, although I feel like we really could've brought back GFs in 2 sets. I sort of choked in WFs too which certainly didn't help. But yeah, good stuff. I didn't actually get to play against your sheik with my puff in friendlies, so maybe next time. I really hate that MU but I also could really use the experience. And when we did that zelda vs sheik friendly I think I would've gotten 4 stocked if it was on almost any stage besides yoshis. Thanks for not needle camping me too hard too haha. "Zelda/Sheik is 50/50 at best" <- LOL

Money Mario- So, I heard you actually entered this tournament as 2 different people...

MTIE- Take it easy man. Hey, you beat me in the one game we played, didn't you? I guess my marth isn't up to par yet haha

Mr Yaah- Your fox is pretty technical which is good. Keep working at it, I can tell you've improved a lot. It's nice to see a fox main at UCM

Level 9 Ganon- @#$% you you hacking piece of @%$#. And Brinstar's broken as @#$%. You've gotten a lot better since I last played you in tourney and I hope that I never have to play you again. You'll probably have a +5 handicap by then and you'll whoop my ***. I had nightmares about your random jabs and UpBs last night so I hope you're happy. ****ing prick

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
some day all of merced, modesto, fresno... has to come up to a road trip for a cgc or ownapalooza. i think some of you guys would do pretty well :) make urselves known!

the level of competition is much higher here... but i honestly think your top players like bizz, maru, gb, 69 would place pretty well and pull some upsets!

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hey ya'll.

I'm so sad I couldn't stay for Grand Finals.

Bizzarro, thanks for running a great tourney. So much great potential here in the area. Kim and Eric are happy for your victory. Keep at the ganon. I'll teach you everything about playing against sheik.

GK - thanks for teaming. We got scrapped in WF, but almost brought it back. Maybe next time.

GB - Your falco is interesting and tough. Keep at it.

Merced has a very interesting playstyle as a whole. It seems like everyone plays as if they have a little Ganon in them (full hop aerials, rolls). Haha, I was so confused.

Anyway, I hope to see you guys soon.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
that's a great idea!!

we should all go up to a cgc/ownapalooza and kick some ***

tafo, it's very unfortunate that you couldn't stay longer. merced wanted to play more with you. anyways, i'll get you next time for sure. and when i get to that level, i'll be the sheik killer =P

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you got this bizz! i wanna see you pull some upsets on the level of kage/linguini

i mean... youve already beaten mango! u tap!

there should be a BEST IN THE WORLD WEST COAST crew which contains bizz and jpeg...

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
lol, i'm planning to mix the sound from our video camera with the level 9 ganon sets just to show how much hype there was.

if you guys just want it raw, then i can just post them up today

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nick im getting a lot better at melee! :)

my aim conversations when kirbykaze randomly ims me ahahahaha, helpful sometimes.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Thats great and all, but could you slow down your progress a bit so that I have some chance of eventually surpassing you? Thanks, that's greatly appreciated

Top Bottom