• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Ive had a few people come to me and ask to please do something about you because you are being ridiculous jeff. Then you take things beyond a necessary level and say things that r meant to anger/upset myself as well as others. So yeah im gonna ban you from this because your too hot headed and make people uncomfortable.

I know im hot headed, and i try to work on it. But the difference between me and you is that ive always said my apologies after saying something that i knew was wrong. And my anger only lasts while i play the game. If you decide that you wanna stop arguing and getting hateful when ur talking to people online and make up for this then you are allowed back in.
hahah ok? idc what ppl think because im sure im not cool with them anyways.. Im am not hot head in tournement at all lol or in person i just got mad about the chain grab thing lol and its ridiculus that the rules are set like that and ive talk to a couple of smashers that are attending this tourney im not saying any names but they said its dumb that u ban there Chain grab even tho its gay its only fair that they have it because its a big part of there metagame.. IDC if im banned or not really lol like if i wasnt ill go but if i am it dosnt effect me its w.e. im not angry at all im just think its dumb that you always think idk anything and im not talking about recent things only im talking about the past to so idk if some of the ppl in here are scared to tell you or w.e. but im going to say somthing.. We been cool with each other for awhile but ur just pushing me to that edge to say *** it imma say what i want to u and not even care how u feel... But hey im stop arguing just dont comment me on ur post aor say anything about me and we be good im not going to apologize tho and like i said idc if u ban me its ur choice lol not a big deal at all and to all the ppl that are scared of me cause i make the uncomfortable thats fuking funny :laugh: because its not that serious and i nvr bashed any1 like this b4 lol and be scared all you want i guess its dumb but hey atleast i have the edge

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
What Is a Run-On Sentence?

Here's an example of a short run-on sentence: I'm a woman I am a truck driver. (I was in a writing group a few years ago with an interesting woman who was writing a book about her experience as a female truck driver.) The reason I am a woman I am a truck driver is a run-on sentence is that it's written without any internal punctuation. I've fused together two complete sentences, which is why run-on sentences are also called fused sentences.

There are a bunch of ways to fix run-on sentences; the toolbox is filled with the same basic fixes* that you can use to repair comma splices: periods, semicolons, and commas with coordinating conjunctions.

How Can You Fix a Run-On Sentence?

How you fix the sentence depends on how the different parts are related to each other and what tone and rhythm you are trying to achieve.

For example, if you want to completely separate the two fused sentences, then you'd use a period: I am a woman. I am a truck driver.

If you want to keep more of a connection between the two thoughts, you could use a semicolon and write, I am a woman; I am a truck driver.

If you want to make more of a comment on the connection between the two sentences, then you could use a conjunction with a comma. For example, you could write, I am a woman, and I am a truck driver, or you could write, I am a woman, yet I am a truck driver.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could use a conjunctive adverb with a semicolon and a comma: I am a woman; nevertheless, I am a truck driver.

There are even more ways to fix run-on sentences, depending on the relationship between the different clauses; for example, you could use a colon if the first clause introduces the second clause, but my main point is that you have to use something to connect two clauses that could be complete sentences on their own. You can't just fuse them together. If you do, that's an error called a run-on sentence.

Run-On Sentences and Your Writing Style

How you fix a run-on sentence depends on how the different parts are related to each other and what tone and rhythm you are trying to achieve.
Sometimes people ask me how they can choose the best way to structure their sentences when there are so many different ways to connect independent clauses. In most cases, there's no right answer to that question. You have to determine what kind of tone you want to set. For example, I am a woman. I am a truck driver has a very hard and strong tone, whereas I am a woman; nevertheless, I am a truck driver has more of a conversational tone. In the first case, where I used the periods, I expect to hear a tale of conflict; in the second case, where I used a conjunctive adverb, I just expect to hear an interesting story. The differences can obviously be subtle.

I believe that when you're writing, it's important not to over-think your sentence structure. If you make sure your sentences are grammatically correct and write what you mean to say, there's a good chance you'll just automatically pick the right structure for your needs, especially if you are a native English speaker. If you get too hung up on whether to use a semicolon or a conjunction, it can inhibit your creativity (at least it can for me).

Also, most people end up having a personal writing style that favors certain solutions over others for no apparent reason. I bet you can read e-mail messages from your friends and tell who wrote most of them, no matter what the topic is, because you'll recognize your friends' writing styles. It can be a fun exercise to try to write in a style that is completely different from how you would normally write—just make sure you don't fuse independent clauses together and make run-on sentences.

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/run-on-sentences.aspx

Sorry, it's just been bothering me for some time now.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
What Is a Run-On Sentence?

Here's an example of a short run-on sentence: I'm a woman I am a truck driver. (I was in a writing group a few years ago with an interesting woman who was writing a book about her experience as a female truck driver.) The reason I am a woman I am a truck driver is a run-on sentence is that it's written without any internal punctuation. I've fused together two complete sentences, which is why run-on sentences are also called fused sentences.

There are a bunch of ways to fix run-on sentences; the toolbox is filled with the same basic fixes* that you can use to repair comma splices: periods, semicolons, and commas with coordinating conjunctions.

How Can You Fix a Run-On Sentence?

How you fix the sentence depends on how the different parts are related to each other and what tone and rhythm you are trying to achieve.

For example, if you want to completely separate the two fused sentences, then you'd use a period: I am a woman. I am a truck driver.

If you want to keep more of a connection between the two thoughts, you could use a semicolon and write, I am a woman; I am a truck driver.

If you want to make more of a comment on the connection between the two sentences, then you could use a conjunction with a comma. For example, you could write, I am a woman, and I am a truck driver, or you could write, I am a woman, yet I am a truck driver.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could use a conjunctive adverb with a semicolon and a comma: I am a woman; nevertheless, I am a truck driver.

There are even more ways to fix run-on sentences, depending on the relationship between the different clauses; for example, you could use a colon if the first clause introduces the second clause, but my main point is that you have to use something to connect two clauses that could be complete sentences on their own. You can't just fuse them together. If you do, that's an error called a run-on sentence.

Run-On Sentences and Your Writing Style

How you fix a run-on sentence depends on how the different parts are related to each other and what tone and rhythm you are trying to achieve.
Sometimes people ask me how they can choose the best way to structure their sentences when there are so many different ways to connect independent clauses. In most cases, there's no right answer to that question. You have to determine what kind of tone you want to set. For example, I am a woman. I am a truck driver has a very hard and strong tone, whereas I am a woman; nevertheless, I am a truck driver has more of a conversational tone. In the first case, where I used the periods, I expect to hear a tale of conflict; in the second case, where I used a conjunctive adverb, I just expect to hear an interesting story. The differences can obviously be subtle.

I believe that when you're writing, it's important not to over-think your sentence structure. If you make sure your sentences are grammatically correct and write what you mean to say, there's a good chance you'll just automatically pick the right structure for your needs, especially if you are a native English speaker. If you get too hung up on whether to use a semicolon or a conjunction, it can inhibit your creativity (at least it can for me).

Also, most people end up having a personal writing style that favors certain solutions over others for no apparent reason. I bet you can read e-mail messages from your friends and tell who wrote most of them, no matter what the topic is, because you'll recognize your friends' writing styles. It can be a fun exercise to try to write in a style that is completely different from how you would normally write—just make sure you don't fuse independent clauses together and make run-on sentences.

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/run-on-sentences.aspx

Sorry, it's just been bothering me for some time now.
dont bother to use periods because i dnt feel like it yes this is my style online cause i hate typing cause it takes to long if i try to get every single little thing im not going to bother cause its not going to be turned in for a grade
also if its bothering you so much how about you edit all my post for yourself and every1 else can do that if they want to if its bothering you so much Im not a grammer freak online because some ppl have trouble typing fast such as me and its not school smash boards is not school lol

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Chain grabbing should be limited to 5 grabs... Because
1. well it's not fair to completely ban it.
2. Chaingrabbing is ********. I lost respect for it when I lost both my matches when I was suppose to JV 2 stock the IC's in a tourney match.

On a side note wario is fun.

I wanna train today... Anyone up for it??

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Any1 wanna play tuesday or wensday? hit me up
and thanks kyon for helping me hit a new level the combos and grab setups i get now are ReDUNKculus lol

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Hrnut just reminded me why I quit playing this game :(

But it was cool seeing some old faces again. Ill be back in another year to play again!

Top Bottom