• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Stream is frozen. last thing that was seen was dubs. Nick and Shaky are in losers, but they beat Japan. ESAM and MVD won against Havok/Tearbear in winners I believe. Polt and GDX lost to Denti/Trela in r3 winners I think.

:rosalina:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
YEEEEEEESSSSS! May have FINALLY found a job at the gym i workout at. I hope i get it. I need to get some more $ b4 classes...:(

pesticide

Smash Lord
^Doesn't beat the meatloaf + scalloped mash potatoes + coleslaw + corn + green beans + zucchini/squash/cheese casserole + garlic bread I had for lunch today.

Dayum I wish I had taken a pic of that feast

Leftovers r gonna be awesome

:phone:

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
^Doesn't beat the meatloaf + scalloped mash potatoes + coleslaw + corn + green beans + zucchini/squash/cheese casserole + garlic bread I had for lunch today.

Dayum I wish I had taken a pic of that feast

Leftovers r gonna be awesome

Get *****.

SAX

Smash Ace
ask mattt how matches went before and after you guys showed up and started yelling in my ears.

:/
I was quite salty about that as well. I wanna mm him next time he comes down! MK this time! haha

Gallax! It feels like I haven't seen you in forever mayne. Can't wait for saturday.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You guys think Tampa has never lost matches against Orlando because of crowd hype? Especially since Tampa used to have far less people cheering us on? Just because you're not used to being cheered against in your own region doesn't mean you can john about it because I've definitely had to deal with it my entire smash career and it's only recently that I've even had decently large crowds on my side.

NO JOHNS

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I think they just want to run it back without a huge loud crowd throwing them off. For so people the crowd throws them off reguard less of who's cheering for who.
It happens. Yea they lost no johns but they were not playing at 100%. But also sax and lt3 if your are worried about this predicament in the future. Please purchase ear plugs. A lot of top players in streetfighter,mvc2, etc have it to block sound from crowd hype a people that are just being straight annoying. Now you guys know so this shouldn't happen again. Its kinda like how me and solo and a couple others play mvc2 with a glove. Its not cheating in tournaments if your not modding your equipment.

SAX

Smash Ace
You guys think Tampa has never lost matches against Orlando because of crowd hype? Especially since Tampa used to have far less people cheering us on? Just because you're not used to being cheered against in your own region doesn't mean you can john about it because I've definitely had to deal with it my entire smash career and it's only recently that I've even had decently large crowds on my side.

NO JOHNS
Oh I'm not johning, Mattt beat me fair and square haha. And I've never been cheered for... Except maybe that set vs hr.

I think they just want to run it back without a huge loud crowd throwing them off. For so people the crowd throws them off reguard less of who's cheering for who.
It happens. Yea they lost no johns but they were not playing at 100%. But also sax and lt3 if your are worried about this predicament in the future. Please purchase ear plugs. A lot of top players in streetfighter,mvc2, etc have it to block sound from crowd hype a people that are just being straight annoying. Now you guys know so this shouldn't happen again. Its kinda like how me and solo and a couple others play mvc2 with a glove. Its not cheating in tournaments if your not modding your equipment.

Good Idea. I'll bring some headphones for Gfest if I can then.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I usually bring headphones but I only wear them in one ear. The music helps me focus but I need to hear certain stuff like the powershielding sound and if snake sticks a C4 to me.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Kuro~ Gets worked on PS1. Loses the game
"I don't understand why Peach players love PS1 so much."

Mink:
"Peach players love PS1, because it makes.... Bryant Gumbel... Look like Malcolm X."

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Free pizza hut calzone: ~~~~> Clicky

Also... Netflix is now available on Android market for the following phones:

• Casio G'zOne Commando C771 with Android 2.2
• HTC Droid Incredible
• HTC Droid Incredible 2
• HTC EVO
• HTC EVO 3D
• HTC G2
• HTC Thunderbolt
• Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet
• LG Revolution
• Motorola Atrix
• Motorola Droid
• Motorola Droid X
• Motorola Droid X2
• Motorola Droid 2
• Motorola Droid 3
• Samsung Droid Charge
• Samsung Epic 4G
• Samsung Galaxy S
• Samsung Galaxy S 4G
• Samsung Fascinate
• Samsung Nexus S
• Samsung Nexus S 4G

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dont get me wrong, I understand that external factors definitely affect the outcome of matches. But the amount of noise from the audience is literally no different than being tired, or not being in the mood to play brawl. Eating makes my reflexes slow. I can tell you which tournaments I was playing well and which tournaments I was just playing alright at just based on that, not to mention how tired I was, how badly I wanted to win, or how much I felt like playing brawl.

So it's literally completely unreasonable to factor in any of those things to wins and losses in brawl, because 90% of the time that M2K loses, it's because he's not playing at his prime or doesn't feel like playing brawl. Do people discount his losses because of this?

And lastly, Matt sandbags in friendlies because he doesn't really take this game seriously competitively. He's one of Tampa's best players for sure but there's a reason he's been playing since before I was around and has only been to 2 tournaments. So yeah, tourney is where it matters regardless of how pressure changes things because the pressure from the crowd etc is something a lot of players exploit anyway...

Top Bottom