• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Sorry you had to see that darling.

Just some people are desperate to have their ass kissed.

Dr4gonBlitz

Smash Cadet
So, like, hi guys. Gamers inc is holding tourneys for all smash games on thursdays now =o
I won't be able to make it though because they're late and I have school now -w-'
So are the Gamer's Inc tournaments still happening, how popular are they, and do they cost money? I live like 10 min away and would love to play more people in person before Execution Drills. I'm new to the scene and need to find some training buddies.

Dr4gonBlitz

Smash Cadet
Damn that sucks. I wanted to get better but playing on lag makes you a **** player. Plus, 5$ to get F-smash spammed by some kid playing kirby on a hella laggy T.V. sounds like hell.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Someone spamming kirby f-smash is predicatable anyway, haha
Regardless of lag, that shouldn't be a problem.
Gamers Inc uses good set ups actually. There was no lag at their last tournament, anyway

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Component cables can resolve these issues. I have an HDTV and my Wii is hooked up by component. No lag. They have to make sure the settings are set to 480p and not 480i.

But hardly anyone has Component these days.

If any of you guys want to get together and practice, feel free to PM me.

And no, I don't also secretly want people to play Nintendo Land with me to complete several co-op challenges

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
uhhhh gamers inc flopped on that smash thursdays ****. i went with my apprentice and they brought out a few CRTs for us to use. we had 5 people for 64 and 4 for melee. it was free as well.

no one came for brawl though loool they replaced it with a p:m setup on one of the HD tvs.

Dr4gonBlitz

Smash Cadet
Sounds interesting enough. I'll show up this Thursday to check it out for myself regardless. Also, would love to have a few "smash friends" so you guys should try and make it too. I suck at melee but really want to learn.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The Brawl scene in Orlando is apparently dead. You'r best bet is to attend those tournaments GDX hosts.

Which I don't really mind, considering Smash 4 is on the way.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
Alright yo, im looking to maybe host a smash fest this weekend at my place. I'd like to kinda gauge who would go to said event. I'll probably have it on Saturday starting at 2sh, playin all day cuz we hardcore. I live very close to UCF campus and have a decent sized living room to play smash in, maybe could have two set ups going if someone brought another tv, wii, etc. Just post on here for now and that'll determine whether or not ill host it.

Dr4gonBlitz

Smash Cadet
Alright yo, im looking to maybe host a smash fest this weekend at my place. I'd like to kinda gauge who would go to said event. I'll probably have it on Saturday starting at 2sh, playin all day cuz we hardcore. I live very close to UCF campus and have a decent sized living room to play smash in, maybe could have two set ups going if someone brought another tv, wii, etc. Just post on here for now and that'll determine whether or not ill host it.
I would definitely go. I've been dying to play some smash in person for a really long time.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
Great, let's bring back the Orlando smash scene. I live in Sterling Central on Alafaya and Central Fl blvd. My cell is 954-616-7493 if you need to contact me about anything
Hopefully I'll see you all Saturday

Lad

Smash Apprentice
If this goes well I'd like to start hosting bi-weekly smash fests

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Brawl and Project M for me. And if anyone has Pokemon X or Y for Saturday, let's have a battle :)

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh yeah, component cables make some of the games a lot nicer. I installed an audio DAC and TOSLINK port on my GCN as well. Digital audio and video FTW.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
My GCN died.

I should have never introduced my mom to Animal Crossing :(

I'm guessing you're playing dem GCN games in Progressive Scan

Top Bottom