• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Send me a PM with your 3DS FC and we'll add each other. I'm also hosting a Multi-Battle Tag Team tournament later this month. You should join.

Vale

Smash Ace
How far in advance are the UCF tournament nights planned, and is there a site that has a calender for them? I usually see them ~1 week early on the Facebook group, but have made plans before that the past few times. I would like to attend the next one.

Also, seeing as people are talking about it, I'm up for battles/trading/etc. with the new Pokemon game. I have about 30 Scythers to trade, if anyone wants them. They only have 0-2 perfect IVs (Speed, Special Defense) though.

Vale

Smash Ace
FC: 5172-0235-4838

@Komic, I'm pretty sure my friend safari is one of those ones that nobody likes. I don't remember, though. However, I know one of my friends has fairy, so I'll check if it appears there and could trade you one if it is.
Does anyone have friend safari Ditto?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I have a friend safari with dittos. I can get you the link to talk to her. Her list is apparently full but I told her about a neat trick where she can delete anyone but it won't affect the friend's access to the friend safari. At least, until you delete that person yourself.

Vale

Smash Ace
Alright, the Fairy friend safari did have Togepi, so I'll catch you one. Is there a certain nature/IVs that you want?

Vale

Smash Ace
Togekiss' ability, Serene Grace, has made a strategy of Thunder Wave-Air Slash poular. With paralysis having a 20% inhibitory chance, and Air Slash having one of 30, which becomes 60 with Serene Grace, the opponent can be locked down at an average of 7 out of 10 turns. To maximize survival, HP, Defence, and Special Defence are prioritized.

However, it also has access to Nasty Plot, a move which doubles Special Attack. One could opt for an offensive spread, hoping to deal major damage with Air Slash.

In both sets, Speed is only slightly relevant. Togekiss has a base speed stat of 80, which is fairly average. Thunder Wave means that it will be outspeeding most Pokémon you face, regardless of Speed IV/Nature (you may opt for EVs, though, if you don't run a purely defensive set). Extra speed can help in several fringe cases. Knowing if your opponents like to use fast sweepers or slower tanks can help determine if speed is important.

I caught 14 Togepis, and have a few different options for you.
Sassy (+Special Defense, -Speed) ((Caught three of these))
- Perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Speed
- Perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Special Defense
- Perfect IVs in Defense, Sp. Atk, Speed

Modest (+Special Attack, - Attack)
- Perfect HP, Atk, Sp. Atk, Speed

Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
- Perfect Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed

If you plan on breeding for IVs and want a good nature to start, Bold is probably your best option. However, if you don't care for speed, a 5-IV Sassy one is most likely the only one you need.

In return, I would appreciate a Ditto. What are the IVs on the ones you have?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Togekiss' ability, Serene Grace, has made a strategy of Thunder Wave-Air Slash poular. With paralysis having a 20% inhibitory chance, and Air Slash having one of 30, which becomes 60 with Serene Grace, the opponent can be locked down at an average of 7 out of 10 turns. To maximize survival, HP, Defence, and Special Defence are prioritized.

However, it also has access to Nasty Plot, a move which doubles Special Attack. One could opt for an offensive spread, hoping to deal major damage with Air Slash.

In both sets, Speed is only slightly relevant. Togekiss has a base speed stat of 80, which is fairly average. Thunder Wave means that it will be outspeeding most Pokémon you face, regardless of Speed IV/Nature (you may opt for EVs, though, if you don't run a purely defensive set). Extra speed can help in several fringe cases. Knowing if your opponents like to use fast sweepers or slower tanks can help determine if speed is important.

I caught 14 Togepis, and have a few different options for you.
Sassy (+Special Defense, -Speed) ((Caught three of these))
- Perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Speed
- Perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Special Defense
- Perfect IVs in Defense, Sp. Atk, Speed

Modest (+Special Attack, - Attack)
- Perfect HP, Atk, Sp. Atk, Speed

Bold (+Defense, -Attack)
- Perfect Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Speed

If you plan on breeding for IVs and want a good nature to start, Bold is probably your best option. However, if you don't care for speed, a 5-IV Sassy one is most likely the only one you need.

In return, I would appreciate a Ditto. What are the IVs on the ones you have?

Sounds like it'll be a pain in the ass.
As for Dittos, I know I have several in my box that have 3 perfect IVs. I have them marked down with respective nicknames to the respective IVs. Let me know which ones you need and I'll trade you them. I caught a dozen or so. I might take the Sassy one. Also, I have a Safari that has Skill Link Cloyster. My cousin caught one (my brother's girlfriend is using my old 3DS, lucky me it has Cloyster).

Vale

Smash Ace
Sounds like it'll be a pain in the ***.
As for Dittos, I know I have several in my box that have 3 perfect IVs. I have them marked down with respective nicknames to the respective IVs. Let me know which ones you need and I'll trade you them. I caught a dozen or so. I might take the Sassy one. Also, I have a Safari that has Skill Link Cloyster. My cousin caught one (my brother's girlfriend is using my old 3DS, lucky me it has Cloyster).
I currently have ~12 dittos with 2 perfect IVs, but 0 with 3 or more. I guess HP, Defense, and Special Defense are required for anything I want to raise (Speed and one of the two attacks may not always be optimal), so if you have that, it'd be great! If not, anything with 3+ IVs would be fine.

If you're interested, I also have 4IV Skarmory, Kangaskhan, and eventually Starmie up for trade. Working on a trade for a good IV Goomy, so I may be able to do those in the future as well.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Ah neat. Sounds like a plan. Tomorrow, I'll be catching some more Dittos and let you know if I found any more with the IVs you want.

Vale

Smash Ace
Ah neat. Sounds like a plan. Tomorrow, I'll be catching some more Dittos and let you know if I found any more with the IVs you want.

Alright, let me know.

@Pheta
Training? What do you think this board is about, Super Smash Brothers or something? Pretty ridiculous.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Sorry, been procrastinating on my end. Things have come up ._. I got a Togepi for a reasonable trade on GTS and another favorite Aipom. I'll get your Dittos tonight Vale.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you want things, just Wonder Trade.
I've gotten pretty much every Poke I would want to run, and enough of more than half of them to get perfect IV combinations as well as perfect HA/normal abilities/Egg Moves.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
My luck sucks. I even got a Bidoof with the nickname "I'm Sorry". I had a good laugh though. Also, apparently, there are Pokemon being sent that turn into Bad Eggs. So, right now, I'm being dubious over Wonder Trade. I thin it is a fantastic feature though. My cousin got a Vulpix from it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I mean... I've probably done 300-400 Wonder Trades, so it's not that bad in comparison to other things to do in Pokemon.

Vale

Smash Ace
My luck sucks. I even got a Bidoof with the nickname "I'm Sorry". I had a good laugh though. Also, apparently, there are Pokemon being sent that turn into Bad Eggs. So, right now, I'm being dubious over Wonder Trade. I thin it is a fantastic feature though. My cousin got a Vulpix from it.
Pokémon turning into eggs? I think that's more suspicious.

I've been using the GTS instead of Wonder Trade to fill up some Pokédex entrees. I have ~90 Staryu to trade with 2-4 IVs, and 0 with 5 IVs.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'll just stick to GTS.

@Vale
Apparently, someone has been sending these bad eggs to people. I'm not sure the severity of it, but personally, I find the improvements of GTS to help fill up my Pokedex and obtain Pokemon I need. I got an Aipom with 4 perfect IVs from GTS. Also, some people are nice enough to leave brief comments telling you what IVs a Pokemon has among other things.

I haven't been playing as much since I've been busy recently (I have a tourney coming up next week too), so I'm going to need to gather and breed as much Pokemon before then and the GTS is there to help. I think SSBBDAISY was looking for some Staryus. I love the team he is building. Aromatese and Klefki are going to be ******* to beat judging from how he is building them.

EDIT: Found out the apparent cause for these bad eggs. It's all thanks to corrupt data of a Pokemon. Not sure how that works but it is similar to how it worked in GEN 3 where the game may turn a Pokemon into a bad egg if its values or data are tampered. I've encountered this when I used Action Replay. But these eggs in Gen6 work a bit differently. They can multiply and even turn any Pokemon in the same box into a bad egg. I'm hoping Nintendo/Gamefreak issue a patch to fix whatever is causing this glitch. People link it to Wonder Trade but it may not entirely be the cause.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Any chance you guys have a female protean Froakie, preferably timid with 5IV? I've got a shiny Honedge with nice stats and both egg moves I would trade for her.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'd go down there if you're hosting a small gathering, PIE

@Vinyl Must have been nice watching that movie in IMAX.

Top Bottom