• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Blizz Grimmly

Smash Rookie
Yooooo sup guys, long time no talk.
I'll be moving back to the UCF area in the beginning of January to finish my last semester of school, and I wanna shimmy myself back into the scene with this new glorious game, I'm gonna try to take it at least as seriously as I did with Brawl.
Whoever needs a sparring partner with a serious love for this shizz, you got it.
I second this. Except I'm still here as always. Looking to hop back on board.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You should hit up @SSBBDaisy @Ved and some others. They're good and you'll have fun playing with them. Daisy is hilarious and for someone who doesn't take the game seriously is really good. He often places high in tournaments and drops pounds of salt on people. I think it's hilarious.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Looks like I need to get in the scene hopefully in weeklies and step up my game.

Noa.

Smash Master
Last edited:

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm new to the smash community and trying to get into competitive Project M. I will be graduating in a few months and moving up to UCF for college in the summer. :)

It looks like the facebook group and events are the best way to get involved with playing competitive smash and I have a few friends who are smashers that will be at UCF starting next fall.

I was wondering if anyone had tips or ways for me to get involved and how to cement myself into the community.

Thanks all.

-Disco

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm new to the smash community and trying to get into competitive Project M. I will be graduating in a few months and moving up to UCF for college in the summer. :)

It looks like the facebook group and events are the best way to get involved with playing competitive smash and I have a few friends who are smashers that will be at UCF starting next fall.

I was wondering if anyone had tips or ways for me to get involved and how to cement myself into the community.

Thanks all.

-Disco
Well join all the smash groups on facebook. Go to as many events as you can. Meet as many people as you can and become friends with them so you have good players to practice with outside of tournaments.

And pm is sort of dying in cfl. It's not being held at apex so no one wants to play it. Both melee and smash 4 are popular though.

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Well that's a shame. If it means anything, quite a few people I know who are smashers are coming to ucf and they all play PM. It may get a few more participants.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Join the Kissimmee Smash group on facebook.

If you're looking for dmash 4 players, you have kdb, Kyon, action *******, and crunch.

Noa.

Smash Master
Does the CFL Smackdown still do weeklies? I don't have a facebook so I can't really check.
Yes. There is a typically a weekly every Tuesday at Campus Cards and Games at 7 for melee and 8 for smash 4.

I highly suggest you get a facebook, even if it's just for smash, if you wanna stay connected.

CarbuncleHero

Smash Cadet
Yes. There is a typically a weekly every Tuesday at Campus Cards and Games at 7 for melee and 8 for smash 4.

I highly suggest you get a facebook, even if it's just for smash, if you wanna stay connected.
Thanks for the reply.
Are there are a few beginners for smash 4 that show up there? I want to start playing against people but as of now I don't know where I stand, and I'd honestly rather play a few friendlies before I play a tournament.

Noa.

Smash Master
Thanks for the reply.
Are there are a few beginners for smash 4 that show up there? I want to start playing against people but as of now I don't know where I stand, and I'd honestly rather play a few friendlies before I play a tournament.
There are people of all skill levels at these tournamnets.

If you want to get better though you should play in all the tournaments you can. You learn ten times faster by playing in tournament compared to playing friendlies.

CarbuncleHero

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I understand. I just don't want to have a horrible time as my first time. But thanks a lot for your help. I'll probably enter one of the weeklies soon.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hello Florida Smashers!

I am going to be in Miami, Florida for a week and a half long piano competition. If I get eliminated early, I may have some time to meet up with any of you who play brawl. If there are smashfests or tournaments in that area in the last week/weekend of February, please me know. Thanks!

QD - Brawl Lucario main (I do not play PM, Melee, or S4)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I'm going to be in Orlando for about 10 days. I used to go to school in the area back when Brawl was new. Are there any good LANs or Weeklies these days? Interested in Smash4.

Top Bottom