• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Anyone on campus right now? I'm bored. Sitting in the student union till I have myself an idea.

Text me at 256-724-2132

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well it looks like I will be missing out on all the Smash in Orlando this fall since I wont be attending UCF this semester (I will be back for spring though). Right now though I am skipping the semester due to an eye infection that is compromising my vision, hopefully my vision wont be permanently damaged too much by the infection and I will still be able to play smash well when I return, but as long as I can see as well as I do now I dont think that will be a problem.

See you in the spring guys, and if I can catch a ride Ill try to attend some tournaments in Orlando.

Edit: Tampa F***ing sucks. Almost no smash scene here whatsoever.

gallax

Smash Hero
So, depending on how things go, I might be coming down to Orlando from Jan-May to intern at Disney.
If I do, whos game?[/Q]

i actually work for disney. and i actually was given the chance to intern like you are cuz i completed the college ptogram. where ya working at?

is everyone all smashed out or giving up cuz no one wants to play smash anymore...?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
So, depending on how things go, I might be coming down to Orlando from Jan-May to intern at Disney.
If I do, whos game?[/Q]

i actually work for disney. and i actually was given the chance to intern like you are cuz i completed the college ptogram. where ya working at?

is everyone all smashed out or giving up cuz no one wants to play smash anymore...?
lol, the day everyone gives up on brawl is the day i'll love it.

on a side note, i finally picked up pikachu! i'm able to do quick attack cancel now! but i need to practice it more to master it. looks like the little rodent has joined my team, lol.

Gindler

Smash Champion

I'm having smash withdrawls actually, I wish I was all smashed out

lol, the day everyone gives up on brawl is the day i'll love it.

on a side note, i finally picked up pikachu! i'm able to do quick attack cancel now! but i need to practice it more to master it. looks like the little rodent has joined my team, lol.
Still playing a game you don't enjoy?...that's kinda weird

nevershootme

Smash Master
hey gallax, if your smash club plans have failed. I have a small compensation i'm working with. so today i was incidently talking to one of the e-board folks for the pc lan club on campus (lan knights i believe is the club name) and they wanted someone who could handle the console stuff (they said they tried running a smash tourney before and didn't work out well), so i talked up and said, hey i can help u guys out. so he actually does the paperwork, room reservations, sponsorships with places and such.

so if things work out well, I might be able to use a space somewhere (i remember he said about they do their meetings at Engineering 3, harris corp building) to do smash practice on campus weekly. or even throw an actual tourney and raise funds for the club...

edit: popsofctown, I was actually in the student union around 6pm with a friend (in the temporary lounge), do u actually live on campus or something, if u are, maybe I'll meet up to chill or something tomorrow (since i'll be there to check out the student clubs)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ok... so the lan club has a lan night next weekend, If there's major interest and such... i'm gonna see about convincing them about throwing a brawl tourney at the school with the club... and yea I'm pretty slick at landing deals and negotiations...

if not... well i'm just gonna drive home on friday, maybe bringing 2-3 cfl to The Battle Lounge tourney and me going home to do stuff

Gindler

Smash Champion
gindler back off. let me do what i gotta do. i don't need the reminder of wario's gay presence right now.
I never said you couldn't play a game you don't enjoy playing. Guess I was just overanalyzing was all, that'd be like me playing Perfect Dark for the 360 is all. I don't recall mentioning wario either, but since I reminded you of him :urg:. Sorry about that RetroGee :)

I wonder if anyone was actually serious about post counts, ha

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I ended up going to the lua last night to take free food and do.. None of the other things.

Yeah I'm living on campus nsm want to meet up at the club&organization event thing? I don't actually wanna join any of that stuff unless there's like, a mtg club lol, because I'm lazy. But it's something to do.

By the way, till I get my laptop on Tuesday I'm Internet choked. Texting me is the best way to reach me (256-724-2132). I'm thankful for my ipodtouch though because walking to barnes and noble and waiting an hour for them to open because it's Sunday and then getting some slow Internet is better than nothing.
Well, maybe it isn't.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
i fkin hate tony he made a hay huy start hitting on mr all night.

BUT I got to see ******* so t was a good night anyway. And beer pong was fun.

Looks like pikachu mains cant hold their booze haha.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I ended up going to the lua last night to take free food and do.. None of the other things.

Yeah I'm living on campus nsm want to meet up at the club&organization event thing? I don't actually wanna join any of that stuff unless there's like, a mtg club lol, because I'm lazy. But it's something to do.

By the way, till I get my laptop on Tuesday I'm Internet choked. Texting me is the best way to reach me (256-724-2132). I'm thankful for my ipodtouch though because walking to barnes and noble and waiting an hour for them to open because it's Sunday and then getting some slow Internet is better than nothing.
Well, maybe it isn't.
sure, i'll give u a text if all else, u have internet in practically all places on campus (except dorms) under guest or ucf networks

gallax

Smash Hero
seriously. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? you guys drank without me...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a bunch of douche's.

anyways on a side note, anyone who goes to UCF i need to meet up with you so you can sign a waver/petition. we need 30 people to sign. ill be callling you if i have your number so that we can meet sometime this week to get it signed.

nevershootme

Smash Master
seriously. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? you guys drank without me...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a bunch of douche's.

anyways on a side note, anyone who goes to UCF i need to meet up with you so you can sign a waver/petition. we need 30 people to sign. ill be callling you if i have your number so that we can meet sometime this week to get it signed.
gallax, where do u want to meet up really tomorrow, i don't have class but i'll kill time to visit. here's my number incase u forget again 786-280-1680

but yea, if anyone is seriously interested, since there is no tourney this coming weekend, what we could do is hold a smashfest on campus. the problem is that I can't run a tourney due to regulations of cash prizes and the gambling bull****, but yea the potential fest is part of a lan party night (starcraft, warcraft, TF2, Left 4 Dead). bring Tv's and wii's and such if u can. MM may be fine, but do it discretely please

also, if there's major interest, since i'll be working with the club on campus that's doing gaming (now consoles with me in the group, group is called lan knights ). we can do a weekly or bi-weekly smashfest on campus to make sure we all get practice for big tournies, or even sponsor a player or 2 to an OOS tourney.

like i said, contact me. gallax, if your plan still doesn't go through, work with me on this...

Gindler

Smash Champion

If there weren't Mojitoes you didn't miss anything.

On another side note, is there going to be a smashfest this weekend? My bro wants to go frolfing at UCF with his friend so I'd be killing 2 birds with one stone by driving him there. Then I'll be able to sign that petition.

gallax

Smash Hero
im going to be in the engineering 2 building at 3 tomorrow for all those interstested in helping start the club. i need your signiature so that we can show the student government that we have 30 people who are interested and then we can get our own club started.

@8-bit= if this does not work then i will work with you and the lan gaming club to do a super smash bros branch

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
man i wish i could help you with the club. all i can say is good luck, and hope everything works out.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fearless
Fear-
Steven
Steve-less

I need your number, man... I'll be around campus 4 days a week, son.

And M@v... maybe we'll finally get a chance, eh?

gallax

Smash Hero
772-579-3046

I WILL BE AT CAMPUS AT 3 O'CLOCK AT ENGINEERING 2 ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please be there so that you can sign the petition to get our own club. we really need your sigs and any friends that you know that will sign it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont go to UCF

but mapquest says i'll live 11 minutes away from UCF. i need to hit up craigslist to see where i can get some free furniture though (theres literally nothing in the room)

M@v

Subarashii!
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm very likely going for the internship, so I should know by Nov. Dec. if I'll be becoming a Florida player in January :). I'll hopefully have a car. If I do, I will be at as many tourneys as possible(Disney slave drives on internships lol, so time pending of course).

Gindler

Smash Champion
So I bought the power rangers fighting edition for the SNES the other day, and ivan ooze is the most broken character ever made.

Top Bottom