• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
OH YEAH~ I do know what you are talking about.

I owe mata big time, I'm kinda surprised he still talks to me. Pff heck I may just drop virg just to make it up to Mata.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Is lylat really that bad? If so I'm fine with this list.
lylattttt.

Im gonna try to finish my hw for the raz tourny. Pretty sure i have a math exam comin up on fri/saturday too =(

hmm if you guys want, you could either vote which stagelist to use at the tourny (MLG). Or before the set, both opponents can agree to use mlg stages in case some people dont want to use it.

Here's the mlg stages again just in case.

Starter Stages (4 strikes each)

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

M@v

Subarashii!
I get off of work t 3pm that day...if you could hold until say 4 for singles...that would be awesome lol. But seriously, don't wait for me, as they will probably extend me.

gallax

Smash Hero
virg!!!!!!!! no!!!!

aight me and gindz are teaming then when he comes down. prepare to get fsmashed and farted on.

i vote mlg rules. at least for the stages and number of ledge grabs for the stages.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If possible can this be moved to Friday or Sunday?
lol sucks for you

pretty excited for the tourney. since its literally 10 minutes away :laugh: watching HERB3 grand finals, and bum's birthday tourney grand finals has gotten me amped to play

hiROI

Smash Lord
~RAZ BASH #1~

WHEN:4-3-10
doubles - 12:00pm
Singles – 30 minutes after doubles

COST
$2.00 Door fee
$9.00 Singles
$9.00 doubles per person (18$ per team)
For all events $20.00.

All other events are free.
will do Crew battles if time permits!

WHERE:
12300 Golden knight circle
Building 31 apt#301
32817, orlando

RULES:
General rules:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.
If for some reason the match duration is over 8 minutes and the ledge grab count on one player is over 60 and the other is not. Then the player that is under 60 ledge grabs is declared the winner. If both players are over the said percentage then the percentage will determine the winner, if percentage is tied it will go into a one stock tie breaker on the same level.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Jungle Japes

OR MLG RULES IF MAJORITY VOTE!

Pot Split:
Doubles – 40,30,20,10
Singles – 40,25,15,10,5,5
CONTACT INFO:
321-213-7096
AIM:Zeus8711

I love the payouts! And I don't really mind the date since I might have a ride (Need to talk to soul sista Kyon). But I would prefer if this was on Friday or Sunday for the sake of Draconoa? :D

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
dammit! publix sucks man! my manager told me that hes putting me to work at 5pm this saturday! i was hoping to get out by one! dammit publix sucks! i can only hope that they change it before the tourney. sorry raz. >:(

M@v

Subarashii!
If you made this start later, I could probably get chibo to come(he will be in orlando on vacation this week).

Him and I would style on all of you ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
Sunday would be a no go for me :(

I get off of work at 3:30...if I drive to UCF right away from disney...thats like 45 minutes. I SHOULD be out 3:30....its easter week at disney, and they need people for hours. they shouldnt NEED me to extend, so I SHOULD be getting out at 3:30....

even if we cant make it in time, i think chibo would be down for coming later just to play/ mm.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
seriously, if you guys can hold it off a little bit that would be AMAZING lol

im gonna talk to my parents tomorrow to make sure theres no concrete plans that night (like a dinner reservation), and as long as there isn't I don't see why I won't be able to go, since I'll be down there from Wednesday (31st) to the next Tuesday.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
PT/DK all the way. but yeah im sure it wont start exactly at 12...tournaments never start on time :p depending on how many people enter doubles you guys will probably make it.

Trott

Smash Rookie
Is anyone interested in a doubles partner (i.e. me)?
I would like to play doubles but don't have a partner. I would like to warn you though that I'm still new to the tournament scene so I don't know how well I'll do. I just want to play so that I can get some more tournament experience.

But if you feel the same way or just have $9 to burn then I'm your man :bee:

Top Bottom