• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Smash Tournament for the KIDS!!!

Jay34

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys,

Please come out Friday Feb 12th from 12pm-6pm @ Brooklyn Pizza on UCF campus and participate in this smash tournament. Its a really nice venue and most important its for the kids.

REGISTRATION 11:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my fund raising group has a group project to raise $540 so that we can provide an underfunded elementary school a chance to have a field day at the end of the year. With budget cuts little kids in elementary schools aren't getting nearly as much privileges to do things as we did when we were younger. Come out and have fun. It will be Brawl and Melee .

The winners will receive prizes from gamestop, including a $10 giftcard per 1st place winner and I'll try to get them donate something small for second place. This is so, because we are not allowed to gamble on campus and any monetary prize for winning a tournament is illegal, but you can win a gift card or something so its still all good.

With this all being said this is my first tournament and i'm mainly hosting it for the cause so I appreciate the feed back from everyone and please if you find anything wrong so far let me know. We will try to have this tourney in 6 hours. I figure since its nothing REALLY BIG and the Prizes aren't supper huge in the first place we can just have melee singles and teams the first 3 hours at the same time, and Brawl singles and teams the second three hours. I'm not expecting like 50 people or anything even thought that would be great for the money and our fundraising. I'm expecting like 20-25 people. Even though Melee is my first love im expecting more brawl participants. Bring T.V's if you can while Brooklyn Pizza has 4 set ups it will be MUCH better if we get more set-ups. Besides Brooklyn Pizza is a huge place.

Now if it comes down to this was a terrific turn out exceeding my expectations, then we will have to finish finals or whatever we have left somewhere else in which i'm pretty sure we could find some other place even if its in a lobby room in a on campus housing location.

With that being said, Registration is at 11am sharp the melee singles and doubles will be going on at the same time first then we will start brawl. I won't be a prick about registration, i just want everything to run smoothly so i would hope there will be no one causing massive delays. If your too late, I'll try to work something out, considering you are donating your money to the kids, but you will probably lose a set or something depending on how late you are.

The rules are the following:

Cost: $5 for Brawl and Melee singles. $10 for brawl and melee doubles
100% of the earnings go towards Junior Achievement Field Day for Lancaster Elementary School

Random seeding for now. Please confirm if your coming so i can get help on making a fair bracket

- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
- Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed
-Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is banned

Stagelist
Neutrals 1v1:
FD | Yoshis | Dreamland | Battlefield | Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle | Brinstar | Rainbow Cruise | Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:
FD | Yoshis | Dreamland | Battlefield | Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle | Brinstar | Rainbow Cruise

Brawl rules
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
8 minute timer

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Singles and doubles have the same stages.

If you know anyone who wants to smash on a friday, let them know that it is going down here. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come and help support these children.:)

Toneh

Smash Lord
well at least you chose it on friday because the next day is a pretty big tourny.
Any idea what the gift cards are gonna be. And what places does it go to (1st 2nd 3rd etc)

I noticed those were melee rules. Could you add a brawl set too. Somethin like this

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
8 minute timer

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Singles and doubs have the same stages

Is Brooklyn Pizza easy to find? Still new at ucf.
Oh and is brawl and melee being run at the same time?
Just checkin for people that play both.

nevershootme

Smash Master
do note, make sure all wii settings are configured properly, especially turn on progressive scan mode for melee since brooklyn pizza is all LCD's

also, make sure to spread the word around campus.... and it takes 4 hours with 40 people average to finish a brawl tourney on 4 tv's with double elimination... so to even do both doubles and singles for both games is impossible unless u get more people to bring tv's and systems for a time span of 6 hours... plus u have to settle on registration and bracket making which takes an hour to do so

Jay34

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice you guys. I will get on to seeing if anyone has those cables and I will do my best to see make sure the tourney runs somewhat smoothly and if we need longer I will either talk to the manager or we will get another location.

btw Im not a smash rookie I just created another account just to change my user name lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
For anyone who doesn't know, Jay is a melee peach player around my level.

Top Bottom