• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I thought you were coming so I told Aesis to put your name in the pool rage. :)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Oh man...I'm so tired it's ridiculous. But I had to come on and post. Today (yesterday) was way fun. Talked to a bunch of really cool people, got out there to represent SD. Thanks UCLA for hosting the tournament, and everyone who was there for making it a cool atmosphere. Too many people to list, so I'll find some time later and do it when I'm not so **** tired.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
I had a great time i'll post shout outs later but it was real fun to hang out with the deep socal group again =D(thanks edrees and mike for driving me around) and great job to all the top rankers lotsa new faces there too see you guys next time

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So, the one thing I noticed while I was there yesterday is that alot of people got hair cuts.

Uh, yeah. Shoutouts later :p

Nes

Smash Lord
This tourney rocked man,Thanks Aesis

Shout outs:

St.Patrick: Your Ganon ****ed up my Peach.:)

Arash: too good with Jigs I really enjoy the pool match.

Mango and Lucky: Watch out man i'm coming back with my pokemons.:)

BoA: friendlies next time

JTB: I hate your Marth.:p

SNPR: Need more friendlies:(

Pbody:BOOM! hahaha

more later on

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Mindgames, son! Best shirt ever; I'm gonna wear it to school, and my friends are gonna be all, "WTF are mindgames?"

Aesis -- Great tourney man, I really hope we can make it to more of these. Thanks for hosting it

Trevyn -- 3 years is a long-*** time. Your Link is scary as hell.

Nes -- Camp more! That's the point of Jungle Japes!

Mango -- If only I'd've known you had a Fox, I would've never chose Rainbow. Oh well, no Johns, you're too good.

Edrees -- Always good to see you; not much to say here since we see each other so much =P

BoA, Teba, Lee, Emerican, Peter...palmdale -- You're all a cool bunch of guys. BoA and Teba, those teams matches were pretty **** crazy. Lee and Emerican, we'll get you next time. You guys are an amazing team, and I never could nor do I think I'll ever be able to handle your Falcon, Emerican. (who the **** was that annoying little kid that kept talking about killing squirrels?)

Bone -- Biggest thanks to you. You're the one that made it possible for us to come; I know it's difficult driving all that way, especially so late when you have a car full of other people sleeping. But thanks a ton. It was an incredibly nice thing for you to do, and we all owe you BIGTIME. Also, you are best teammate. Grats on 5th!

Wolf -- Close matches man; I just have too much Peach training going for me!

Omar + DSF -- Double Sheik is waaaay dirty. But those were pretty close matches, so gg. You guys are too good.

Romeo + DC -- Man, that last stock was too close. Crazy way to close the set; double Falcon is scary.

I know I'm probably missing a few people, but I'll think of them as the day goes on. All the cool people I was able to meet and talk to, etc. Good stuff, UCLA.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hey this was a great tournament. it was run really efficiently and pools are way better (more opponents, people dont sit around all the time waiting for things to be called, they can just play their matches). also the food would've been awesome if i had any money to buy some. i ate two half-eaten muffins lying around cuz i was so hungry.

anyway i've never done shoutouts before but it seems like fun.
-Aesis: i was just hungry lol
-boa: the mothership is broken
-Bone: you're gonna get ranked for sure
-creepy fingers: up B spam =(
-danny: thanks for catching the guy who stole my keys and phone
-david: you're too cool
-Larry (DEHF): i got revenge this time but it was too close
-emerican: jungle japes is cheap
-fox/marth pro: thanks for the pro fox tips
-frankie: lol you didnt say one word the whole time
-ISB: just takes experience, gj making it out of pools on your first tourney
-ken: no more ssb 64
-kokichi: good matches
-leepuff: is too good
-joey: pokemon money match
-mango: hahah i like your hand motions when you tell epic stories, thx for the eevee
-oscar: good ****
-neal: ICs vs sheik.. worst matchup besides jiggly dittos
-Nes: your brother is hilarious but messed up rofl
-P: your sheik got better
-plan 9: too funny/random
-romeo: lol i was not all happy what're u talking about
-st pat: too good, i need to work on ganons, which is sad considering who i main
-teba: stop playing starcraft, it messes with your smash skills
-michael (boss): good fox/falco matches at the end, we'll figure something out for teams
-waychu: good games

$BONE$

Smash Ace
ken-thanks for the support cool guy. i was so tired i forgot to give you the donations. wtf is that. im going to get you back mikael style.

boa-hahahaha. this ***** is on something' -- palmdale needs to come to san diego..!

patrick-sexiness.

aesis-we will try to make a bigger san diego showing next time around, we have really good players here and i will try to get them to attend.

omar- im so glad i didnt mm you. hahaha. youre too much. you, hugo,wolf & inks need to come to san diego ..! we will welcome you all.

dsf/nezumi*- did you like my drawing i left on the board about you? haha. slime bubbling style. it was nice to finally meet you both.

kira-come to san diego.

lepuff- this ****** on something too.

thegame- thanks for the hardwork with recording the matches!

romeo619/jon619- represent!

neal- the bracket man saves the day. i probably wouldn't have had a chance if you didnt do the seeding the right way.

pbody - so talented!

araknophobik

Smash Master
lol i make it out of pools, and have to leave for work
mad gay
then it found out it was top 3 so its w/e

wow at bone beating boa and rom beating edrees, bone placed higher than edrees o.O

jon619-we make a pretty good team. We ran into some bad luck having emerican/lee puff 2nd round but we managed to place 13th in our first big tourny. GG your marth *****
Edrees- >=0 for 2-0ing me in pools. it was fun finally getting to play you in tourny, it went better than i expected haha. I like fighting sheiks with peach, so ima practice your little bair off ledge trick
ill do more later when i got time

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aesis: you should put results for all three monthlies in the Tournament Results section. These are important tournies and the results deserve to be broadcasted :).

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
-danny: thanks for catching the guy who stole my keys and phone
LOL if you WERE referring to me and Romeo JOKING about doing it, and IF Danny decided to leave ur phone and keys under your seat, I WOULD'VE brought them over to you. Anyone who would do that for reals is just f*cked up. But of course you would think I was serious, since you conspicuously left me out of your shoutouts, but believe whatever you want. Good games

Okay, now for my shoutouts:

Aesis: Great tournament as always man. Your friends were really helpful and chill. Good luck with the rest of the school year. and LOL at "Daniel"

Rom: hahahah man we gotta bring a marker next time so we can draw smiley faces on all the joke TVs. Awesome hanging with you yesterday

Danny: JTB Fourstock? Lucky's fox is better? haha j/p man. But i did give you the rest of my muffin cuz i felt bad you lost to aesis twice in pools.

Oscar: Disneyland mustve been all like "Where the F*CK is OSCAR?" hahah way to mess up Fabian's plan fool.

David Chavez: Yea man, you are pretty dam good, but Mike + Champ>>>DC + Emerican in falcon teams dittos? Yup lol

Wolfy: I f*cking ***** you in fox dittos. No Johns

Omar: Hope you enjoyed ur "surprise"! Take me to the Grand Canyon sometime

Jose: WTF man, no four man melee friendlies?

Hugo: Hope you like your Tshirt. Guaranteed worth every penny and minute spent on making it. haha. By the way, your doc sucks. Just stick with Samus

Claire: Omgosh! We beat Alex 2v1! How about that kid though. Going around, telling people he's gonna kick em in the balls. Lucky he didnt say something like that to you. You were just the reason for kicking someone in the balls. haha

Fabian: Dang man, sorry about Danny being a b*tch about the teams thing :p. But yea dude, since we gonna work close by, we gotta set up a cube and TV in a break room so we can chill during lunch.

Blitz: LOL man you got owned by the little kid

Scott from Treedale: Yup, the kid likes you.

Vincent from Treedale: lol ur first only semi-**** tournament. Don't worry baby, you can't win them all. (That's what Edrees told me when i lost to you and Teba at my first non **** tournament. LOL). You are still the Marth pro in my eyes :)

Steven from Treedale: Man, sign on to bnet, and tell azeem to STOP playing dota.

Brett from Treedale: Falcon's foot is too big. I'll be standing at the end of FoD, and you down air in the middle of the stage, and i get popped up into the air. LOL. good games man, you're really good now.

Ken: Man, I just don't know how you do it. Congratulations on first, AGAIN

DSF: I had your roy both times man. Forward smash is gaaaaaaaay. haha Congratulations on 2nd.

Edrees: TIB????? OMGOSH, Accident on the way to a tournament. I told you man, we should've punched that guy in the face. Not the old guy, the helpful guy that gave us directions to the freeway. LOL. Awesome job with Alan in teams man. You're gonna graduate soon man! As a gift, you will receive 50 Schrute Bucks. =p

Alan: I'm Bakk. LOL man i owned you so good that night. No matter what anyone else says, you could be Neal's twin brother. Awesome stuff taking a game from Ken, although it just proved how gay fox is compared to Marth ;). Fox/Marth Pro!!!

TREVYN!!!!!!!!!!!: It was so awesome to you again after almost a year. Too bad we didn't as well in teams, but we still ***** regardless of the outcome. haha. Hope you decide to stay in socal for the summer.

Champ: OMGOSH. Haircut? After like 3 years? We were too good in teams man. Asian Persuasion 4 Life.

Neal: Next time, use your moderator powers to cut in line. hahah. Awesome chillin with you man.

Arash: I saw your matches against Edrees. Two death turnips is just bullsh*t, I'm sorry. :( haha. Good seeing you again.

Jon619: Good matches in pools, Your marth is really good.

All in all, this was a great turnout. Whoever is still in school, good luck with the rest of the year! And those who ARE on summer break, like me, let's ENJOY IT. haha

Oh yea, Does anyone else want a HugS Frankenstein shirt? :p

$ick

Smash Lord
That was a fun tourny. Thanks to Aesis and all of Palmdale for running it. That was fun doing those team friendlies with ya BoA. We did pretty good.. heh. Thanks Ryan again for driving down there. I'm glad I got to finally play some kids I've wanted to for a while (Emerican, and esp. Ken) "You're pretty good." Coming from Ken means a lot, thank you! And thanks to Glenn for doing what he does at every tournament for every game.. heh :)

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Oh I forgot to mention. If anyone found a Black controller with a piece of worn out white label tape on that thing that you connect to the cube, then please let me know, thanks!

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
LOL if you WERE referring to me and Romeo JOKING about doing it, and IF Danny decided to leave ur phone and keys under your seat, I WOULD'VE brought them over to you. Anyone who would do that for reals is just f*cked up. But of course you would think I was serious, since you conspicuously left me out of your shoutouts, but believe whatever you want. Good games

I was being sarcastic. danny and romeo both told me straight up they were joking, so there's pretty much no way i could've taken it seriously.

and LOL if you think I left you out of my shoutouts on purpose. i didnt give arash a shoutout cuz i couldnt think of anything to say, but he's still a cool guy. apparently since i didnt give edrees and alex and champ and other people shoutouts i dont like them very much either.

-Mike Y: Thx for going easy on me, I got lucky.

oh yeah i almost forgot

-McRustyJr: LOL we almost left you behind

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
San Diego is feckin too good - love it, love it!!!
as most of you know I will be leaving to Australia on Monday to visit our good friend Caotic. I just wanted to see the friendly faces in socal before I left and of course to raise some money for 0c3/bombsoldier.

yes, Nealdt($2) and I chipped in for a UCLA tournament shirt for you. I wanted to get everyone there to sign it for you but the only problem was, the shirt was Black.
To0 bad wah wah wah :(

more importantly, good to see everyone there again. Boa's starting to get so many ken combo's now... and funny thing was, i was doing too many Boa combo's.

You Stole TOO much of my power VINCE!!

good job to everyone who did well at the tournament, and for those who didnt keep on trying. Sorry I usually don't play friendlies because I have a limit on how many smash matches i can take. Please don't take it to offense.

Nice talking to you Emerican

Arash thank you for your support. you are a really good friend..

in conclusion. Knives, you have supreme angles :dizzy:

oh yea and thank you aesis for hosting.

Edit: omg i completely forgot. DC you havereally really REALLY low standards dude. I can't stop thinking about what you did.

Knivez

Smash Ace
schrute bucks, i'll give edrees 1000 haha.

romeo dont be jealous cause im the original fox/marth pro LOL.

btw my marth ***** you, even in sandbagging mode. WOW

i'll give proper shoutouts later with my new SN: Fox/Marth Pro.

btw who won between DSC and PDALE in team crews? i left after ******.

anti

Smash Journeyman
lol knives, was that you that I was playing against in friendlies? When I was feeling lazy to try? **** if I knew that was you I would of tried, I never met you in real life just saw your posts.. Ah well maybe next time :]

Aesis

Smash Ace
OK, I'm an idiot. Sorry, I left my laptop at UCLA. See, I just leave everything at UCLA, like tapes and such.

Seeing as this was the last one for the school year, I wanted to make it big. Without all the hype from any NorCal coming (other than Glen, who is in Long Beach now), I didn't expect such an amazing turnout. 91 or so entrants for singles? 34 Teams? What a differential.

Thanks to everyone who came. I'm not going to really do shout-outs, but many thanks to everyone who helped me out. I think the food was fairly priced, and it was there more for your convenience than making any kind of profit. Having the extra hands available helped with everything so I could focus on the speed of the tournament and actually getting to play some friendlies this time. Neal, again, you are the crux of how well these tournaments go. Next time, at SCC, maybe you can show me how to do pools. Thanks again for all your help.

DeepSoCal, Palmdale, Superfriends, Elite 4, Round Table and 8-Bit (? is that your crew name lol), San Diego, and all other random smashers who are not in crews (form one!), you are all amazing people. Thanks to everyone for coming and supporting this series. Best thing about tournaments is that you spend time with cool people who either like to talk sht or encourage you to do better. :) Fun times. All in good fun.

Anyway, I'd like to take this final tournament to say I'm officially retiring from hosting these tournaments. Being a host is, as anyone would expect, very stressful, especially tournaments of these caliber. Fast, enjoyable, with lots of big names. UCLA I was 50+ people. UCLA II was 95+ people. UCLA III was 90+ people. Only three tournaments in the series and Neal and I (haha) have had great success. I've always wanted to host great tournaments because I hated the way certain tournaments were run. I think Pools are vital to everyone enjoying a tournament, whether you're a highly skilled Power Rankings Smasher or someone trying to break out. ISB, congrats on making it to bracket, as well as SNPR if I remember correctly. Another reason, and people will say these are johns, is that I never really get time to play or focus during these tournaments (the only tournies I've competed in since Best of SoCal 2006). So meh.

I want to leave on a good note, and UCLA III was a great success! Even Ken and Arash made it out, even HugS made it at the end, with his funny Doc who tried its hardest to beat ppl and failed ;D.

So with that, I'm telling everyone thanks and see you around. I'm not necessarily quitting Smash, because Pdale crew still plays. But you can think of me as Azeem status. So peace out, thanks to Champ for being an amazing Teams Partner.

Top Bottom