• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
DON'T DO MELEE.
Brawl is where it's at right now. Keep it Brawl. You will get a HUGE turnout.

Many melee supporters are probably the biggest flakes EVER. They cry about wanting Melee and when they get it, they decide not to go. It's dumb. They always have some kind of excuse. A much hyped Melee tourney over at Pomona didn't even outdraw a simple Brawl bi-weekly. KEEP IT BRAWL! Also, a handful of Melee supporters will still come and enter, even if they say that they hate Brawl. It's kinda funny actually lol.

Besides, according to Hyuga, Norcal will most likely not come if it's Melee. In turn, insinuating that they probably will show up if it's Brawl. And there might be a chance that King might show up and enter. <3

KEEP IT BRAWL!!!

sidefx

Smash Champion
My self, sheridan, and pocky, and as well as others from up here in norcal are willing to drive down to this if its brawl , i havent talked to anyone else since i just found out about this, but theres a high chance everyone else in dbr would go to this as well if its brawl. just putting it out there.

but brawl tourny would get us to come to it

araknophobik

Smash Master
i think norcal might want it melee
just because i dont think anyone enjoys loseing to alex
"aww lil *****, its okay lil *****..."

****it alan ive been waiting forever for you to make this thread and then you want it brawl? =/

kouryuu: you have to be a certain height inorder to vote

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
rofl @ kouryuuXfighter saying melee supporters are flakes when ... well, someone just quote his post talkign about how Melee > Brawl after making a million posts about how Brawl was amazing and Melee should die and etc. etc.

And oh look, he's changed his mind again. You sound like a woman.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I would like Brawl, but I'll be there for whatever game is chosen.

**** it, lets have a Mario Kart Wii tournament.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
rofl @ kouryuuXfighter saying melee supporters are flakes when ... well, someone just quote his post talkign about how Melee > Brawl after making a million posts about how Brawl was amazing and Melee should die and etc. etc.

What the **** are you talking about?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
1. Brawl is amazing.
2. Hey guys, a lot of people are saying Melee > Brawl and I have to come clean, I thought this all along I was just hoping Brawl would get fun.
3. Hey, it's me again... I'm back. Brawl = the best once again.

Sound familiar?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I never said it was competitive, I just enjoy it more.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll **** anyone in Socal at MKDS

INCLUDING GLENN AND EDREES

We need MK rankings.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
DON'T DO MELEE.
Brawl is where it's at right now. Keep it Brawl. You will get a HUGE turnout.

Many melee supporters are probably the biggest flakes EVER. They cry about wanting Melee and when they get it, they decide not to go. It's dumb. They always have some kind of excuse.
Yeah, all Melee players are flakes and Brawl players are 100% true to their word. What are people who play both? Indecisive? What the **** are you? I couldn't care less what game you like more, but you keep going back and forth providing points for each case, although I would hardly consider any of the arguments you've made to be anywhere near valid if you didn't already steal them from someone better than you.

A much hyped Melee tourney over at Pomona didn't even outdraw a simple Brawl bi-weekly.
Much hyped? LOL by what standards? Ooh, the thread had about 50 posts added to it since it was updated, THAT TOTALLY MEANS IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE. First of all, nobody made estimates larger than ~25-30 people. Secondly, who are all these Melee flakes you're talking about? Everyone who posted in that thread saying they would show up, did show up and entered the tournament. The sole person who couldn't make it was JTB, who stated he couldn't make it because I changed the date on him. Atlus came too, he's a big supporter of Melee and he showed up to the Melee tournament. You, on the other hand, started liking Brawl at first and then changed your mind, posting these long-*** paragraphs (which ultimately said nothing) about how Melee is amazing only to change your mind back and hate on Melee in another thread.

Also, a handful of Melee supporters will still come and enter, even if they say that they hate Brawl. It's kinda funny actually lol.
Most of those Melee supporters have been in the community for years (many times longer than yourself) and they enjoy seeing people again. The community is more important than the game; they simply reinforce that idea. If this ends up being Brawl and Norcal comes then I would still consider going despite how little I've enjoyed Brawl.

In turn, insinuating that they probably will show up if it's Brawl.
Nice grammar. More proof of your attempts to look intelligent and how pitiful said attempts are.

Kouryuu you're a cool guy in person but on the boards you constantly spit shlt out of your ***. Hate to say it, but think for yourself and make up your mind. All your points are just re-written posts made by other smashers (King, Edrees, etc.). Nothing you've argued was decided on your own. Anyone who's read anything you've written in the "I Miss Melee" thread knows how empty and unimportant your opinions are.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Alright I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat as most you guys. I think Brawl is fun, but Melee is obviously a better game. However, we still need to give Brawl a chance. It's easy to write it off and say Melee is going to be more competitive and fun (it probably is), but we should try Brawl at least once in a regional tournament. Why not at UCLA? It has the name and the reputation of being ran extremely well. If Brawl is going to prove itself to be capable of competition and fun, what better place than one of SoCal's best tournament franchises? Not to mention this is likely to bring a lot of Norcal players down.

I know I know, Melee is more competitive. Melee is a better game. Brawl is dumb. Hey, I hate tripping too, but we've gotta give it a shot. Brawl is also more likely to draw new players to the scene, and it'd be great to show them what a large scale tournament is like (flame me for caring about noobs.) All this talk about OOS competition for Melee sounds great in theory, but I doubt we're seriously going to get people to book flights and housing in less than a month. Be realistic now.

I realize that this sounds silly. "Azn Lep, why the **** are we going to play a crappy game when we could be playing Melee?" Well anonymous Melee advocate, Brawl has been out for shortly over a month. We need to give it time to grow into a better game. There are still plenty of people out there who believe that there's a lot more to learn about Brawl, maybe things to make it more competitive. If we shun out every major tournament that might have Brawl and force them to play Melee, we'll never know. Which I realize is just fine for many Melee enthusiasts, but I can't help and wonder, what if Brawl turns out to be a lot of fun in tournaments?

Regardless of whether we end up playing Melee or Brawl, be there. I'd love to see Brawl given an opportunity on a regional scale, but if it goes the other way, well it is Melee, so it'll be awesome anyways.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Alright I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat as most you guys. I think Brawl is fun, but Melee is obviously a better game. However, we still need to give Brawl a chance. It's easy to write it off and say Melee is going to be more competitive and fun (it probably is), but we should try Brawl at least once in a regional tournament. Why not at UCLA? It has the name and the reputation of being ran extremely well. If Brawl is going to prove itself to be capable of competition and fun, what better place than one of SoCal's best tournament franchises? Not to mention this is likely to bring a lot of Norcal players down.

I know I know, Melee is more competitive. Melee is a better game. Brawl is dumb. Hey, I hate tripping too, but we've gotta give it a shot. Brawl is also more likely to draw new players to the scene, and it'd be great to show them what a large scale tournament is like (flame me for caring about noobs.) All this talk about OOS competition for Melee sounds great in theory, but I doubt we're seriously going to get people to book flights and housing in less than a month. Be realistic now.

I realize that this sounds silly. "Azn Lep, why the **** are we going to play a crappy game when we could be playing Melee?" Well anonymous Melee advocate, Brawl has been out for shortly over a month. We need to give it time to grow into a better game. There are still plenty of people out there who believe that there's a lot more to learn about Brawl, maybe things to make it more competitive. If we shun out every major tournament that might have Brawl and force them to play Melee, we'll never know. Which I realize is just fine for many Melee enthusiasts, but I can't help and wonder, what if Brawl turns out to be a lot of fun in tournaments?

Regardless of whether we end up playing Melee or Brawl, be there. I'd love to see Brawl given an opportunity on a regional scale, but if it goes the other way, well it is Melee, so it'll be awesome anyways.
Brawl is being given a chance by every other tournament in the world, lets give MELEE a chance to not die ;)

araknophobik

Smash Master
i truely hope this doesn't become a brawl tournament.
i see where you are coming from pat when you say "let's show the brawl noobs a large scale tourny" but they get tournies and they'll eventually throw their own large scale tourny

i was putting what was left of my hope in a resurgence of the melee tournament scene on ucla VI
If ucla is a flop for melee then the melee scene really is over

and kouryuu your back/forth opinion holds no value because...well its back/forth. all it does is ignite frustration in those who truely are voicing their opinions.

atlus stop posting brawl ****ing sucks it sounds childish. your cool dawg but stop spamming it make your post worth something. atleast you dont post as much as kouryuu

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah they'll host their own tournies, but those tournies are gonna suck cuz they'll be ran by brawl noobs. My point was we should get a good TO to host a regional Brawl tournament and see how it goes. I realize that Brawl is being played in various local tournies, far more than Melee, and many people don't think it's going to be competitive. If Brawl flops really badly on a regional scale, a lot of people are going to go back to Melee. So there's really no worry of Melee dying, unless Brawl becomes competitive and fun. In which case, it's ok to let go of Melee because meaningful competition is what kept Melee players interested in the first place.

If UCLA hosts a Brawl tournament it does not mean that the Melee scene is dead. If the Brawl tournament flops, the Melee scene will grow stronger if anything. If it's is successful, as in both Melee and Brawl advocates accept that Brawl has potential to be a competitive game, then we've made progress as a community anyways..

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
My self, sheridan, and pocky, and as well as others from up here in norcal are willing to drive down to this if its brawl , i havent talked to anyone else since i just found out about this, but theres a high chance everyone else in dbr would go to this as well if its brawl. just putting it out there.

but brawl tourny would get us to come to it
OMG! more reason to keep it Brawl!
This has also been posted at AiB. You'll definitely get a great turnout, no joke.

Just do Brawl.

Also, for the record. How the **** do I keep changing my opinions? Sure I've changed it before in a short period of time but for the past few weeks, I've come to the conclusion that Brawl is great game with much to offer and a bright future. I've yet to change my opinion. In fact, I've become a vocal and avid supporter of Brawl since then.

But whatever.

Like I said, Keep It Brawl!!!

Top Bottom