• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD / San Diego Smashfests, Did someone accidentally swap a black controller?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
EDIT: Okay, so basically this can never happen again at my place, because of two reasons:

1. My roommates were not pleased with the conditions.

2. Someone swapped out my roommate's black controller for theirs, which was considerably crappier (****ed up control stick and all). If someone did this by accident, please contact me so we can rectify this situation. If you did it on purpose, **** you. **** you to hell. He's had that controller for seven years, and it's got sentimental value that can't just be replaced with another controller.

But otherwise, it was fun. But it can never happen again. At least not at my place.

Hello all,

My rl name is Marvin Choi, and currently we have a brawlfest practice session going on here at UCSD on Saturdays in La Jolla, not too far from UCSD. Basically, it's just me, ChrisLionHart, and his friend, and we've really only played together once last Saturday.

However, we would love to see more people come and join in on the action! Right now, we're sort of just playin' at my apartment, but here's the info anyway:

4160 Camino Ticino
San Diego, CA 92122

Directions: You should mapquest it because there are a looot of ways to approach my place, either from freeways or surface streets

Parking: My house is on Camino Ticino which intersects Cargill Road which in turn intersects Nobel Drive. So, if you're approaching Cargill from Nobel and you turn into Cargill, and then you turn left to get onto Camino Ticino, from there if you make an immediate left and an immediate right you should be inside a parking lot with relatively ample parking (especially around that hour). If not, there's bunch of street parking everywhere.

Time: Saturdays, around 5 pm

What: Brawlfests, just to have fun but also to work on specific stuff. For instance, my R.O.B. needs work on fighting Falcos and ChrisLionHart's Snake needs practice against aggressive set-up characters on Final Destination, both of us need work on doubles action, etc. We can chill with melee too, but it's mostly going to be Brawl, lol.

Contact: Phone number - (562) 964-9497, e-mail - azooazoo@aol.com, AIM - azooazoo

What we've really wanted, though, is to have Brawlfests on campus, since people walking by and stuff generally attracts more attention and more interest and it ends up being a much more open atmosphere overall. So, if there's anyone on the UCSD campus willing to host some Brawlfests, feel free to hit us up (PM me or ChrisLionHart or AIM at azooazoo).

Hopefully, we'll get a lot of UCSD Brawl action goin'!

EDIT: Bring friends too. Also, there is a midnight movie playing at the La Jolla Village Theater right nerby if you want to go afterwards, hehe.

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
I live in El Cajon but I'd be willing to drive out to UCSD to play some brawl with you guys. I've got a couple of friends that would be down too.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Friggin' sweet.

I'll PM you guys the address.

EDIT: Btw, we're probably not going to meet this particular Saturday because of the UCSD Triweekly and all, but you should come to that tournament anyway. >_>

Basic

Smash Cadet
Sounds good

This idea sounds good to me because I live in the Paradise Hills/ National City area and I'm looking for people to improve my game with. I was wondering if there were any other days you guys practice on because sometimes Saturdays at night won't be good but I'm not exactly sure. Could either ChrisLionheart or DRaGZ please PM me for information on anything regarding the schedule for these sessions?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Hey dragz, I live close to this

If theres not a tournament somewhere I can get to saturday, I'd like to go to this along with Awex :cool:

Awex

Smash Lord
How late will this go until and are you allowing anyone to stay over? (We may or may not be able to get a ride depending on how late it goes. ;p)

Definitely down to go though.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
There's a midnight movie that night at the Landmark La Jolla Village Theaters...it's either gonna be Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or The Big Lebowski. Traditionally, my roommates and I go there and then to Roberto's for a carne asada fries feast. Of course, ya'll are welcome to come, also to sleep over if necessary.

And then after that...more Smash? Lol. Whatever happens happens I guess.

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
There's a midnight movie that night at the Landmark La Jolla Village Theaters...it's either gonna be Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or The Big Lebowski. Traditionally, my roommates and I go there and then to Roberto's for a carne asada fries feast. Of course, ya'll are welcome to come, also to sleep over if necessary.

And then after that...more Smash? Lol. Whatever happens happens I guess.
"Donnie you're out of your element!"

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I can also pick up energy drinks for people, just tell me how many you want and pay me back sat the smashfest. Where I'm going with CRV they are less than a buck a pop. or just over a buck for 24oz cans.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I can also pick up energy drinks for people, just tell me how many you want and pay me back sat the smashfest. Where I'm going with CRV they are less than a buck a pop. or just over a buck for 24oz cans.
Lol, you and your energy drinks...I'll take a few, hehe.

Also, I've learned that the movie is definitely Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Not the Big Lebowski, but still a badass movie.

Izzy-pop

Smash Rookie
My friend and I may be able to come. I would be down for crew battles, money matches, team battles with my partner or just singles and messing around. Is 5 the earliest we can come down? I can probably come over earlier if that's possible. I don't think I can stay past like 1030 bc I can't spend the night and driving curfew for my first year of my liscence screws me over.

Also I think you played my team/ me last saturday if I'm correct? I played the falco. Lol.

Anyways I'd be much obliged if you'd IM/ pm me the adress.

AIM: morethnuseless15
Yahoo: i_likepie64
MSN: Izzystheone@hotmail.com

kthnxdude

Ezkl

Smash Cadet
Yeah this sounds awesome. I think I remember you from the last tri-weekly. But anyways this sounds sweet and I'd love to come.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Okay, since I'm no longer being paranoid about stuff, I posted my contact info and address in the OP.

Also, from what I can gather these are the people interested in coming:

Chris
selendrile
Basic
kyubi
Nicktendo
Awex
Samus-T
Izzy
ezkl

And let's say like...2-3 people can't make it cuz **** happens, so around 6-7 + me and my roommates maybe. Awesome.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Me and Awex are coming for sure, would it be alright if we maybe came a little earlier than 5? :)

Also energy drink guy I'd like some, 2 for $2 right?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Me and Awex are coming for sure, would it be alright if we maybe came a little earlier than 5? :)

Also energy drink guy I'd like some, 2 for $2 right?
Fine by me dude. In fact, I think next week I'll just move up the time because a lot of people seem to want to come before 5.

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, I was looking for something to do Saturday. Do you guys need more sets? I can bring a TV and a Wii if you need it.

Also:
1) So, official earliest reasonably time to show up is...?
2) See ya there Awex, I'm that tall dude that randomly shows up at GE on sundays >_>

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Awesome, I was looking for something to do Saturday. Do you guys need more sets? I can bring a TV and a Wii if you need it.

Also:
1) So, official earliest reasonably time to show up is...?
2) See ya there Awex, I'm that tall dude that randomly shows up at GE on sundays >_>
If you could bring a TV and Wii and stuff, that would be cool, I think we'd have space for it, lol.

But that would probably be it. I know Izzy is bringing a Wii + Brawl and I already have an extra TV for that. I mean, with yours we'd have as many TVs as the UCSD Triweekly with only like 10 people, lol.

But that'd be badass. You should bring it, yes. Hehe.

Katz

Smash Rookie
So yeah, had a great time, thanks *so* much to Dragz for bothering to give us rides to the movie (more great times were had there), to our high-life 2 AM dining experience at Roberto's, and finally back to my house. Thanks also to Izzy, Nick, Awex, Kyubi, Geo, Qzzy, and anyone else I may be forgetting (sorry!) for making it fun. Didn't place too well in the mini-tournament that was held, but at least now I know how to avoid tap-jump woes with Yoshi (something that cost me a crucial match, heh). :D I'm about to pass out, so perhaps I'll go more in-depth tomorrow. Oh, and uh, final words of advice before the night is over...

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye. (classic line, I'm off to bed good night)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
EDIT: Okay, so basically this can never happen again at my place, because of two reasons:

1. My roommates were not pleased with the conditions.

2. Someone swapped out my roommate's black controller for theirs, which was considerably crappier (****ed up control stick and all). If someone did this by accident, please contact me so we can rectify this situation. If you did it on purpose, **** you. **** you to hell. He's had that controller for seven years, and it's got sentimental value that can't just be replaced with another controller.

But otherwise, it was fun. But it can never happen again. At least not at my place.

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice
i think this is why most of the time, these are held at college dorm/apartment lounges. Ya know? It just too sweaty, smelly, and uncomfortable to have it at somebody's house. We'll think of something.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
This is not to say it wasn't fun though. It was a helluva lot of fun.

Izzy: Thanks for setting up the impromptu tourny and stuff man! You left your webcam here, we'll have a figure out a way to get that back to you!

Nick: I will defeat your DeDeDe in competition one day! One day! Also, congrats on winning the tourny, hehe.

Alex: I love your jiggs' style...your DeDeDe is also quite beastly.

Kyubi: Fun times dude. We'll do that Wolf ditto one day.

Ian: I hope you got home safe through that dark alley man, and I hope I see you around.

Uhm, so yeah, fun times, and maybe it'll happen again, but just not at my place. I think GhettoSoldier suggested Chubb's place or somethin', I dunno.

Top Bottom