• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest '10 - January 16th-17th 2010 - Melee & Brawl

craiger

Smash Apprentice
this was an amazing tourney
shouts:
festizzio- omfg u **** with marth!!! nice playin friendlies man
gishnak- your a cool guy, and we finally finished a match! lol
GSUB- nice meeting you dude, thanks for those tips and not being a jerk resting me with jiggs every stock
luigi dude with GSUB- nice luigi, you were pretty cool, too bad I have no idea who you are
Dustin- nice work man, your an awesome guy, we should team again sometime
jkun- I played your marth with falco, we need to finish that match sometime
s2j- I will crush you...eventually
fly amanita- good **** in teams man
and thanks too everyone els that I may have missed for making this a fun tourney

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
ChizzleSD- Nice meeting you, too bad you had to work :/
oh YOURE ekoli. yeah i feel kind of dumb not asking you your name and formally introducing myself lol. but yeah nice meeting you too! hopefully we can get some good games in when i come up to irvine every now and then. as for work, c'est la vie :\

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
according to the words i have heard from the lovely ucsd staff:

any items not marked is considered a donation

--

regarding the cards, i think they are already verified and ready to be used, not sure though
guess I just donated a TV and a RF adapter...I think.

I left the first day and left my TV for people to use on sunday but I had no way to pick it up on sunday and I haven't picked it up yet. (had my name on it too.)

craiger

Smash Apprentice
AAhaha, okay, so YOU'RE Craiger, I won't forget it now =)

And Jason, he has like, a bowlish cut blonde hair, and a slight mustache I think, haha.
lol yeah that's me, although I don't have a bowlish hair style all the time. yeah, Jkun I remember I told you your marth was pretty good and you said "no it isn't." lol I can't distinguish myself more than that.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Quick shout-outs:

GSUB: Your combo video absolutely did not live up to the hype.

Marthpwnzer: uhh...

Lanstar: Thanks for housing us

Embrace: You can drive next time

Atlus: my pillow smells like a **** ton of BO since you had it under your arms the whole drive home

Jkun: dtilt ***** wow, thanks for the advice, by the end of the day I already felt like it helped me a lot. We gotta play some more marth dittos, I want to turn that into a match up I can do well in, rather than one I absolutely hate. I forgot who you told me to watch though

craig: my marth is terrible! But I'm working hard!

The people doing the raffle: **** YOU ****it how the **** did I not win I had like 25 tickets

fly: what do I do against ICs :( It seems like I play you every tournament and I never seem to get better at the match up

Connor: top 1 son, you're like the mango of the west coast while he's on the east coast

I don't remember anything else, but I'll update it as I do

Thanks for an AWESOME tournament azn lep, the WGF with melee are always the best tournaments ever.

Brawl: get ***** 6 set-ups

DJMirror

Smash Master
Jkun: dtilt ***** wow, thanks for the advice, by the end of the day I already felt like it helped me a lot. We gotta play some more marth dittos, I want to turn that into a match up I can do well in, rather than one I absolutely hate. I forgot who you told me to watch though
I also hate marth ditto but it's doable

Watch M2K vs Cactuar in Marth Ditto at Event 52 GF
Taj Vs Forward in Marth ditto (it's on a youtube channel called ATVSmash),
Taj vs M2k in DEVASTATION 2009 Grand Final (also on ATVsmash)
Taj vs Cactuar From Pound 2
Cactuar vs Heartbreak Kid (Cactuar goes Falcon in the first match, the second match is a marth ditto)
Neo vs M2K

Most of these Marth ditto are around 2007 to now (i think)

I'm not good at this but i'll explain on what i know about marth ditto (excuse the noobish info and the horrible grammar) *most of the stuff i do is just weird, i like to thanks adam, rei, connor and macd for having creative ideas on how to play this match up*

If you saw my mm against someone i just DD and approach with dtilt to hit/bait and when he get hit by it, i just go in for a grab and try to **** from that grab as much as i can. At low% i just cc the fair and fsmash (even better get a grab!) do the taj (Dtilt wavedash back or forward) dtilt to jab **** anything out of shield (sometimes i still dont know how to use this but i'm trying! best to ask adam about this, he's so good at using this)

i'll talk more about this later as i finish eating my food

EDIT:

Throws.....Fthrow to fthrow at 0% and if they dont DI...watch me vs The Great Leon (perfect example right there) or upthrow then wait for their double jump or side b and keep up them in the air (M2K vs Ken at OC3 is a perfect example) if you want to get fancy you can fthrow to reverse up B or pivot Neutral B (it'll hit the back part of the Neutral B) if they di in and up. if you're on the platform and the marth is below (60% of the time they will uptilt) just shield and wavedash off the platform or lightshield. if you throw the marth up you can just up tilt or what i do is i just upair near a spot where they're going to roll and try to keep them up there.

Edgeguarding...Something i fail at but here goes....when you knock them out of the stage ALWAYS Grab the ledge and bair or neutral b (the connor)! (basic stuff) but ya getting edgeguard i save at least one of my side b and a jump (you can do the side B 3 times, the first one lift you up a lil and the last two just stalks after the third side b you'll keep falling) cuz most of the marth players will go for the bair so i just drop low on purpose and Double jump and up b to grab the ledge before they do (this put them in a bad spot cuz they have to up b) of course if you're on stage and they dont sweet spot as they up b, you can just fsmash (if you want to get fancy counter or reverse up B)

I guess that's it for now

play me in marth ditto at scsa 5!

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
yeah i think it's the pressure too. i didn't get one chaingrab and i became super predictable -___- i need to go to more tourneys so i get more comfortable. sigh* i'm too lazy to do shoutouts.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

DJMirror

Smash Master
I want a sick *** sig like FlameWaveK

I'm the guy that talked you on the second day of WGF. the one that had a black Mac laptop and you told me you been messing around with photoshop since you were ten?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
untrust us: i have your tv and rf adapter. lemme know when/where you can pick it up. we definitely appreciated having the additional setup for sunday, sorry it's kind of inconvenienced you

embracethe12

Smash Lord
the real question is

who was the pro tetris player in the middle of the venue?

god **** you're too good
me and fly were watching you for like 10 minutes

Miharu

Smash Hero
I want a sick *** sig like FlameWaveK

I'm the guy that talked you on the second day of WGF. the one that had a black Mac laptop and you told me you been messing around with photoshop since you were ten?
mine's ****ing pink purple and lavender if you want one like it

Top Bottom