• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest IV - 1/17-18/09 -$4000 Pot - Melee MLK Monday 1/19

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Cod? Brawl? ****!

Samus-T

Smash Lord
h3ll ya this sounds so good. 2 day brawl major and not too far from home. count me in this is gonna be siiiick

araknophobik

Smash Master
previous game fest was so good ima try my best to go
plus i haven't been to SD in a min ;)

pat i'll try not to talk **** like i did last winter game fest while gimpy is loseing to a noob

araknophobik

Smash Master
naw it was a rolling peach

you just so happened to play good for one tournament
and it was a large sized one
then you lost to jtb
totally voids the thought of you being good
=]

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
pretty sure we played one friendly and i beat you

and then we had to leave for a tournament match

it was on Fountain of Dreams. You were up two stocks to one, I came back and won at like 120%.

I have a good memory. Sometimes.

Miharu

Smash Hero
really?

**** my memory betraying me at the most critical times

you sure you can't come up for this?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
well it's down in my case (no homo), and i dunno, it sounds like YOU LIKE ME NOW.

uh oh...

i could, i just don't know if i want to. but it's far away so who knows how things will change.

Miharu

Smash Hero
well it's down in my case (no homo), and i dunno, it sounds like YOU LIKE ME NOW.

uh oh...

i could, i just don't know if i want to. but it's far away so who knows how things will change.
i meant the thing in SF during december

i've always liked you in person

u ***got on boards tho

SuperRad

Smash Master
yer a ***got on the boards also, chris.

edit: different kind though. and not as much anymore.

basically i hate you because you are way better then me and i've played you more then anyone else in tournament [i think].

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
am i a ***got on the boards and cool in person?

i ***** hydrokirby, superrad, and neighborhoodP in friendlies.

there should be a "***got on the boards but cool in person" crew

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
am i a ***got on the boards and cool in person?

i ***** hydrokirby, superrad, and neighborhoodP in friendlies.

there should be a "***got on the boards but cool in person" crew
Holy **** I would be the king of that crew!! This tournament looks interesting, WC is too good. Hopefully I get my 2nd job and can afford to come out. I'm sure this will be better than axis (god, that tournament sucked, socal ftw <3)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i guess without ken and manacloud, plairnkk can actually be nice to the west coast

socal ftw

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
choknator, you did not beat me in friendlies.

it was even, you just got ***** by kira in a money match, and i was trying to sandbag so you would money match me (i am better than kira). you didn't want to, though. :(

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hugo it shouldn't be a problem this year *knock on wood* the problem in the past was having a standard pot distribution. UCSD felt uncomfortable with a student handling thousands of money from other people, and the fact that cash payout is too closely resembles gambling. As a result they handled the pot and distributed checks (or W4 forms...) at a later time once everything had the ok.

With the success from last year's tournaments and increased sponsor support (since we made the news) the plan this year is to have the checks written before the tournament, leaving a blank spot for the name. This works well because a pre-set check comes off as a prize to school, rather than gambling. At any rate, our sponsor contact should be working more directly with the school this year to smooth things along.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'll try to get some more info on all the games next time i meet with the committee, keep in mind they might not have everything as planned or structured as smash. for the most part it is a free event.

Top Bottom