• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ugh, take a hint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
Yeah so I know I maybe shouldn't be complaining about this, but it's such a common occurence.

Well, after playing like 10 online brawls nonstop, our battles turn into one of those laugh-filled taunt fests. Basic stuff: Kirby spamming that "Hi!" taunt, Wario popping wheelies, etc. etc. Well one dude leaves after about 3 games of this. The next dude comes in and wow... totally oblivious to the fact we're all taunting right next to each other.

This dude comes in with Lucas and starts spamming the c-stick like you would not believe. So we're all running away and whatnot. Next match one of the other two players grabs Falco is spamming "hands off my friend" the whole time, and nothing. The guy comes back with Ike and spams fsmash over... and over... and OVER again.

Luckily he was WAY too slow with Ike and we all walked away with 0% :laugh: This went on for another 2 matches, then everyone except the Ike user in his own little world left.

But, still. Like I said this is probably considered a "useless post", but I think taunt battles are still a part of the wifi community. Don't be a n00b, take a hint. When the majority of the players are doing random things, don't try to kill everyone and boost your ego. Because then you're just ruining the fun. If you don't want to play, then find another room.

/rant.

EDIT: Finished horrible spelling errors.:chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Maybe people actualy want FIGHT when the manage to get the crappy online working? Ever think of that?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It was only a matter of time till Brawl brought these type of people to the boards. Notice how no one seems to care for you taunt fights. Why don't you take your own advice and take a hint.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
I think fighting battles are still a part of the wifi community. Don't be a n00b, take a hint. When some of the players are doing normal things, don't try to taunt everyone and boost your ego. Because then you're just ruining the fun. If you don't want to play, then don't.

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
If no one seems to care for random taunt fights, then why do so many people do it?

And for that matter, how in the hell should I know an entire boards general opinion?

I think fighting battles are still a part of the wifi community. Don't be a n00b, take a hint. When some of the players are doing normal things, don't try to taunt everyone and boost your ego. Because then you're just ruining the fun. If you don't want to play, then don't.
If people are fighting, yes I fight. If one person taunts, I taunt back. If everyone spontaneously bursts into taunting. Well, I do it too. That's pretty much how it starts. I generaly punch the first second I get into a room, unless everyone isn't fighting.

I'm not here to play martyr, grab attention. I'm just as annoyed as maybe that other guy was.

It's just my two cents. You don't have to waste even more of your precious time posting if you do indeed find this thread to be totally useless.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
You do exactly what everyone else does? How unique and innovative.

Really, you're asking us to sympathize and to advocate not playing the game. I prefer to... play it..?

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
Just because you play one way, does not mean there aren't other ways to play. I play "kill everyone" when everyone is fighting. I play "do nothing" when everyone is doing nothing.

I don't believe I can simplify it anymore for the next person to come along and totally misread my post.

And I'm sorry if I came off as wanting sympathy. This was merely meant to, um.. open peoples minds. I see everyone has their views. However, I don't run around with napalm incinerating every post I disagree with.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
You do exactly what everyone else does? How unique and innovative.

Really, you're asking us to sympathize and to advocate not playing the game. I prefer to... play it..?
Taunting is part of the game tooXD

But it really boils down to this. If a random person wants to join your game, and you don't want him there,just hit the decline button. It's that simple.

Or better yet, if he joins and smashes you during a taunt,smash him back,then taunt again.

this thread = pointless

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
But it really boils down to this. If a random person wants to join your game, and you don't want him there,just hit the decline button. It's that simple.
Can't you... only do that on "With Friends?"

And believe me, I'm the first to advocate the right to play as you choose, but really, taunting for 2 solid minutes? That barely qualifies as playing in the first place. You can play however you want on your own time, but when you play in a public area, which certainly includes Wifi With Anyone, you conform to the public, not the other way around. You can't enforce your rule subset on a larger population. You've just got no room to whine.

Edit: I don't indiscriminately attack people I disagree with, but I try my best to make people who think they can expect a larger population to conform to a smaller cult ruleset or playstyle understand the fault behind their expectations. Most everything else, I tolerate quite politely.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Can't you... only do that on "With Friends?"

And believe me, I'm the first to advocate the right to play as you choose, but really, taunting for 2 solid minutes? That barely qualifies as playing in the first place. You can play however you want on your own time, but when you play in a public area, which certainly includes Wifi With Anyone, you conform to the public, not the other way around. You can't enforce your rule subset on a larger population. You've just got no room to whine.
Didn't even cross my mind he uses thatXD. With anyone sucks. I never use it. Always laggy to the point of rediculous.

Well In that case I totally agree with THIS^

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Super Smash Bros is described as a fighting game. If someone FINALLY manages to get that sad excuse for wi-fi working I don't blame him/her at all for FIGHTING in a FIGHTING game.

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
Ok asshats chillout time.

Anyone else going to reply with an original response? No? Well then I guess that about raps it up.

Join me next week as I ask the greatest question of all time... WHO is the BEST Smash Bros. character?

/sarcasm
/iguessthreadtoo

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
An original response? How's this, then:

Where I live, there simply are not many gamers. Most people that even know what a Wii is will actively whine if I put in anything other than Wii Sports; "this is too complex and too hard! Put bowling back on!"

My sole option for playing Brawl with other humans is Wi-Fi. And most people I exchange friend codes with end up not being on much at all. That mostly leaves the With Anyone mode for most of my playtime.

With Anyone often takes minutes at a time to match me up with people. When I get in, I certainly want to play the game I bought; a fighting game. If everyone else is running around going "Pikaaaa" and taunting and so on, I will press the attack until (or if!) you fight back.

I think this is only fair.

SuperKairu

Smash Rookie
An original response? How's this, then:

Where I live, there simply are not many gamers. Most people that even know what a Wii is will actively whine if I put in anything other than Wii Sports; "this is too complex and too hard! Put bowling back on!"

My sole option for playing Brawl with other humans is Wi-Fi. And most people I exchange friend codes with end up not being on much at all. That mostly leaves the With Anyone mode for most of my playtime.

With Anyone often takes minutes at a time to match me up with people. When I get in, I certainly want to play the game I bought; a fighting game. If everyone else is running around going "Pikaaaa" and taunting and so on, I will press the attack until (or if!) you fight back.

I think this is only fair.
1. Who ever said we weren't in the same boat?

2. Yeah try and catch me first.:p

3. But seriously. Everyone else was enjoying themselves and some random joe comes in and wow, no more fun. Now I'm annoyed this kid just won't get a clue. Oh well. Just seems like most people on these boards are probably just people who don't ever want to erm... play outside of the box. It's a fighting game... fight. It's a racing game... race. Since when did a simple word ever totally describe a game? I guess everyone (you included) must be right because of that one little description. From now on I shall always play the game based on what type it is and never try anything else other than the "correct" way to play and I will flame and curse anyone else who ever comes up with a different way of playing any other game ever.

Sorry I played the game wrong, got pissed, and came here expecting maybe other users enjoyed having random fun online aswell. Apparently that's not the case and I learned it the hard way.

Continue to post, or not. I probably won't be here so don't bother directing anything to me or whatever. Because I'd hate to waste all of your precious time.

/drama
/bye
/using "/" for descriptions

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you're going to stand there and do nothing in a fighting game, don't complain when you get beaten. It'd be like racing car drivers complaining that others are racing properly instead of joining them doing donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom