• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I'm a Junior in CS. I just got into Melee and 64 seriously the past year, so I'm not amazing.

^ who are u?

I assume Alex (Luigi/Marth) is the FAR/PAR guy from east coast (sorry if I'm wrong) and the Falco player ... no idea
Yeah, the Luigi player is from Massachusetts. I don't know where the Falco player is from. The Luigi player handily beat the Falco player who handily beat me. So, I was handily handily beaten by the Luigi player.

Also, the N64 player was the best player I've ever played in 64, but I haven't exactly played any major players and we only played a set of 3 1v1. He friended me on facebook, and I'll probably play him again sometime soon.

PSICaramel

Smash Rookie
The Falco is Woodles who posted on this thread once I believe, I think he hasn't been much into Melee these days though. Anyway, is anyone up for Smash this weekend?

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
The Falco is Woodles who posted on this thread once I believe, I think he hasn't been much into Melee these days though. Anyway, is anyone up for Smash this weekend?
Depending on how much work I get done today, I may be available tonight

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can play tonight

If we get a place, though, 'cause Kevin's out.

And Han, if this guy's interested I'd like to play some 64 sometime.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I can play tonight

If we get a place, though, 'cause Kevin's out.

And Han, if this guy's interested I'd like to play some 64 sometime.
I probably can't this weekend. We'll probably have to do this after Thanksgiving break or sometime next week before break. I'll send him a message on Facebook.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Matt and I shot the breeze over dinner this evening. I shared with him the secrets of my 12.5% interview success rate. The secret is to get 8 interviews so you get lucky eventually.
Good luck tomorrow, Matt!

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
andy i told them that we hosted monthly tournaments together in conjunction with the RSO just in case they ask you hahaa

i talked to lindsey, keith, juan, and matt

dinner was excellent and hopefully ill be seeing you more often in the future

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
pretty good i think, but you never know

the first 2 sounded like they wanted to hire me just based on all my exams, which i didnt mind

the 2nd 2 i did really good and felt like i connected with them which was my only goal so i was happy

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You shouldn't have to wait too long. My first interview was on Nov 19 and I got my bad news Dec 2.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Rejections were always emails, and usually generic at that. The acceptance was a phone call.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Actually, in addition to my generic rejection email from Humana, I also received a personal rejection email. So you may have that to look forward to.

And I think I got a snail mail rejection letter from a Swiss Re internship interview way back.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
well im thinking i didnt get a job

some of the people i interviewed with said they got offers last friday

so Humana wants to be nice and wait until after thanksgiving to let everyone else down is what im thinking now

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
How's the planning for SMYM going? I probably have a course to attend Feb 10, so let's not have it that weekend.

Matt, that stinks. You would have loved hanging out with all zero of my friends.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hello, I'm new here and looking for some fellow smashers to practice with. I'm a ganon main and would consider myself a pretty advanced player (know how to wavedash, l-cancel, etc.) and my room in van doren is always free for smash... any takers?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Me!

And hey there turtle :)

Han Solo AKA whatever your real name was I forget when do we play 64?

I hunger for fresh meat.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
this weekend is terrible for me, but maybe I can make some time

ganon's my favorite character to style on <3

SMYM plans have yet to be made. I'll try to schedule my stuff around you AOB.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
This week is basically terrible for me as well...what's up PseudoTurtle?
Perhaps smashing is less important than finals? ;)

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
how much was it to rent out a place the previous years? I only remember the deposit which shouldn't be a problem.

days available for smym feb 11, 18, 25 and march 10, 24. The 2nd and 1st floor are available. the 2nd floor is a bit pricer. give me your thoughts and answers pl0x

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The 2nd floor was nice. Do that.

March is probably better than Feb, I think? Less chance of snow.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i think it was a 200 dollar deposit which you get back afterwards if you dont trash the place

they may have changed their policy by now though

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
so far there only looks like there's a cincinnati charity tournament feb 11. The rest of the days don't conflict with any midwest tournies to my knowledge.

i'm inclined to say feb 18 or 25, just because there might be less school johns since it's earlier in the semester. ionno though. Let's go with the second floor if it's nicer.

Top Bottom