• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So i found out i'm living at Scott Hall. How is that place?

btw matt, i was bummed i didn't see you at MAS

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be in champaign from 8-5, if i'm free at all, i want to smash with some of u

Me14k

Smash Lord
I dont think any of us are down at uiuc over the summer. Scott Hall is 6pack. You won't have time to smash at orientation (busy day).

You should find me on facebook and we will be smashing next year, AnDale...unlike deku I wont avoid new smashers despite them living in the same dorm bldg.

That last sentence may have been confusing for you, andale, I am not living in scott hall..don't get confused.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I know that Me14k plays peach from that one match where he dsmashes a donkey kong 4 times and wins on yoshi story.

also, instead of going home for breaks anthony, hitch rides with deku to st louis.

slomo431

Smash Ace
What are you going to do in DC? You get a job or something?

Twins and Andy still on the hunt?

The Don't Blink tournament series was based in Northbrook, too bad they just dropped Melee events though. I was thinking of going a few times but it never seemed to get too big. I haven't played in forever either. I might try to show up to one of those Vro Zones though if any of you guys are ever able to make any.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
Dude Jon, I don't know where my copy of melee/gcn controllers even are. But yes, let's play asap.

And i actually went to the last Don't Blink. Melee is dead. :|

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I had an interview this week with Lincoln Financial in Greensboro. We'll see how that goes.
It was kind of weird. Some of the interviewers didn't seem too sure what they should ask me (they didn't have lists of questions).

I also have a contact with Prudential in Newark. I should have a decent shot at getting an interview. If neither of these pans out, I could be stuck in Champaign for some time to come.

Studying for 4/C now, Henrik? Good luck with that. My score was a bit lower than I'd expected.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Geico?

Speaking of weird, Lincoln wanted me to fill out an application after my interview. And the electronic version didn't work, so I had to fill one out by hand.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, i got a job in downtown chicago as an external auditor for the state. Looks like i'm gonna be around here for a while...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Openings are pretty scarce right now. Mostly random vacancies in the off-season.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wow, 3? You'd think that would make for decent odds.

I gave them a pretty lousy phone screen a few months ago.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Bad news guys. I was kicked out of the Brawl Back Room.

Even after I lost interest in Brawl, I continued to pop in and make dumb jokes for a while, but once the jokes stopped, they didn't want me anymore!

I played 3 games recently after not having played for more than a year. It wasn't fun.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
andy, do companies usually get back to you in the time frame that they said they would?

every company save one ive dealt with has been several weeks to months late in responding

Top Bottom