• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
Really depends on how much studying I can get done tonight and tomorrow morning, but I'm gonna try to make it for a little bit.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
random appearance from Ripple? lol ggs
Sorry Deku, i was at Jackson Falls all weekend.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I literally haven't picked up a gamecube controller since May. I haven't had any time for any other games either though, so it's not like I'm quitting smash. Are you still at Northwestern? In the suburbs there still seems to be a Melee scene that I hope to get back into soon. Dunno about the city though.

brickman

Smash Lord
I'll be down in the cu october 2-9, though I am going to have to splurge and get a new controller. I'll be up in chicago periodically over the next couple of months, and would be glad to play with you tross/henrik.

In fact, just bought a new one, amazon is being ****ty about the white ones for cost, but poked around and found one. Any day you guys have time to play in the cu?

_marth1_

Smash Lord
i dont think i can, they are flying me there then straight to interviews with an included lunch, then i fly right back in time for dinner

no way i am taking this job unless they offer me a ton of $$$

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Eric: yes and yes. But if you guys thought I wasn't any good last time...

Matt: neither am I, but it's still early in the recruiting season. The number of companies that have started recruiting isn't very promising.

slomo431

Smash Ace
so is amazon the best place to buy new controllers nowadays? i thought it was that playasia place or something. i figure if i order one now it'll get to me around the time i start playing again

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
brickman, are u at UIUC? we should play. i'm at scott hall, full setup and evvrything

slomo431

Smash Ace
Gaylord in Schaumburg too. That's where my Indian friends take me.

For the very best Indian in Chicagoland though, I hear you're supposed to go to the places on Devon Ave. There's a whole bunch of great restaurants there. Someday I'll move to Chicago and try them. Someday.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i'll play for like 1-2 hours after 5 =) tonight. Too busy tommorow

Top Bottom