• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
Sort of. I've got em done for CAS but if I switch over to pursuing SOA then I still need MLC.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
With your P&C experience, I think you'll have better luck casting a wide geographic net than looking at life/health companies.
I applied all over the damn place.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'm applying everywhere to everyone for all jobs requiring anywhere from 0-3 years of experience. I actually get a decent amount of HR people calling me, but no call backs when they find out about my exam struggles. I'm getting the feeling with so many candidates out there, my exam history pretty much is a career killer.

goolick

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

Never posted in this thread before, but I'm going to be back at U of I next week and want to try and start playing smash more regularly.

Who wants to play? :O

My cell is (708) 256 - 2074 so feel free to contact me about playing or whatever

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
I'm applying everywhere to everyone for all jobs requiring anywhere from 0-3 years of experience. I actually get a decent amount of HR people calling me, but no call backs when they find out about my exam struggles. I'm getting the feeling with so many candidates out there, my exam history pretty much is a career killer.
I've been looking for work myself, but I live in a very small town and as such, there's nothing.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Just thought I'd say that I accidentally went to the first page of posts and it took me reading about 20 posts to realize that it was years ago >_> Same people though

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I just got the not-so-sudden urge to pick melee back up. Any of you in or around Chicago? I live in Evanston now. I know Robin wants to play.

Edit: Should we change the title back to Actuarial Discussion?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
He's joking in case you're wondering. More relevant discussion once more of us get back on campus. I'll be back Saturday. Gotta get another tv though. I threw the other one out

:phone:

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You know what you'll be studying? I dunno if there are any "good" fields to try to get into right now.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I'm down to smash tmw but I still don't have a tv bc i threw out the old one. I can bring a recording setup though

Cs is ridiculous. I'm strongly considering switching from electrical to computer engineering bc there are so many software jobs compared to hardware.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to smash tmw but I still don't have a tv bc i threw out the old one. I can bring a recording setup though

Cs is ridiculous. I'm strongly considering switching from electrical to computer engineering bc there are so many software jobs compared to hardware.

Ohhey I'm back too, rusty as ever. If you want a small tv, you can have my old one.

Smashing today would be superlative. At the moment, my setup is not set up though

CompE ftw~. I don't think anyone besides me at TI was CS -- but I was also one of the only people programming where I was..

I don't think a CS degree is valuable as much as all the web dev junk that overzealous CS majors do.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
My place is fine since I appear to be the only one who can.. lul. I don't have a tube anymore, but I don't get lag on my LCD (very very first thing I checked once I got it)

WE CAN PLAY BRAWLOMFGROFLSAUCE. jk, I have melee too.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
What about that tournament in the Union 7-10pm on the 24th?
What is this?? If it's a Brawl tourney, then there will need to be 3 games per match so that you can switch off while the lag of the other games is still going through. What kind of event is on a wednesday anyway *insert excuse about popular show being on, but I haven't had cable in so long, I don't remember what's on*

btw, my number is 865.405.4365. That's right, crank callers, come and get me!

Invadergirjr

Smash Rookie
I dont post much here (my last post was last year?) but I'm interested in playing some games. I'm only good at brawl now, but im willing to play some melee, or some other fighting games for that matter.

I actually stopped by that tournment a good 2-3 hours after it started. Seemed like there is a good amount of interest in the game. But I didnt get to play that day, so I was kinda being a douche...

I guess I'm free tonight; idk about tomorrow or the weekends. Who do I contact? Where do people meet?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I dont post much here (my last post was last year?) but I'm interested in playing some games. I'm only good at brawl now, but im willing to play some melee, or some other fighting games for that matter.

I actually stopped by that tournment a good 2-3 hours after it started. Seemed like there is a good amount of interest in the game. But I didnt get to play that day, so I was kinda being a douche...

I guess I'm free tonight; idk about tomorrow or the weekends. Who do I contact? Where do people meet?
I PMd you my number. We usually just meet at someone's apartment/dorm, with basically no regularity whatsoever. We play melee mostly, some play 64, very few play brawl.

If anyone's interested maybe we could get RSO status again so we could get a room to meet in sometimes and get funding for stuff? If one of the old-timers (deku, R twins?, AOB, durand) could tell me about the process and any benefits, I'd really appreciate it. Michigan has a smash club and we don't :(

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i just sent a text or PM with my number to everyone on this thread who i believe to be on campus and haven't played before regarding an upcoming smash session. Let me know if I missed anyone. I got sirlaser, ripple, goolick, invader, and samsonite. I have 2 setups but only one tv. If someone could bring a second tv that'd be awesome.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Sweeeet. I'm in.

If there actually is a need, my 32" is just sitting in a corner.. so let me know if critical mass of one setup has been exceeded.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
To start a club, all you need is technically 2 people. 1 guy to be president and another guy to be treasurer. You can add other titles if you want. There's a sheet I think that is printable at the RSO website for people to register their club and have people sign it. The pres and treas. have to attend mandatory meetings about how to manage money and clubs and etc... something like that.

Is there going to be smash today? sent me a text pl0x.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we had the club going but never used it for anything

im not sure it would help you get funding at all but getting a room might be possible it was kind of unclear what the possibilities were

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
6:30 at my place. 201 E healey # 31. It's at 2nd and healey. Still don't have a second tv. Don't bring yours if its flat screen tho because i already have one of those in addition to the non-laggy tv

Top Bottom