• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK fests- Bullet Bill's 27th-28th August

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for people to arrange and advertise smashfests. I will update this thread according to whoever in the UK would like to host a smashfest so that everybody can see them and check the details.

The most recent fest will be put in the title of the thread while the first page will be updated with any that are coming up.

>>> Smash @ Bills <<<

I can host a smashfest on Friday 21st of October through the weekend leaving you all much more time to book.

This smashfest will be at my house in Southampton. First of all, there is a lot of space so quite a lot of people can come without me having to limit spaces. I have at least 3 TVs in my house already that can be used. There are others but I'm not completely sure if they will work or not. Housing overnight is offered as there is a lot of floor space and 2 spare beds to sleep on. For food + supplies there are shops and takeaways that are a 5 minute walk from the house.

Basically- this is a really good opportunity for a really good fest so pleeease come!

>> Travel <<

Train- There are 2 Train stations that you can use- Southampton Central and Southampton Airport Parkway. From both of these you will need to catch a bus afterwards which will cost around £2. I would probably reccomend Airport Parkway as it's a bit closer and will probably get you to mine a bit faster.

From Southampton Airport Parkway- Walk out of the station from platform 2 and you should see a bus stop on the opposite side of the road. The bus you're after is the U1 and will be going right from looking out of the station. Ask for Wessex lane which is a fairly short journey. After you get off, phone me and I'll come and pick you up by foot.

Coach- you need to get off at Southampton Coach Station which is in town and catch the number 3 bus which will drop you off a short walk away from where I live. I will post the details later.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Texted crabman and he said he could make the Sunday for your fest Ben. I'll almost certainly be able to do the sunday and maybe the saturday as well.

Is your place walking distance from Southampton central station if not, how much would a bus or something cost?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Tristan, it's a short bus away from the centre and the buses were fairly cheap iirc.

Can't make this im afraid though ben, needing to save up some cash for when I go japan.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Tristan, it's a short bus away from the centre and the buses were fairly cheap iirc.

Can't make this im afraid though ben, needing to save up some cash for when I go japan.
maybe next time then.

X1-12- a bus will get you from the station to my house or if you really want to save money, you can get off at southampton airport parkway and it's a long walk from there

rustediron

Smash Lord
When are you going to Japan? There's a big smashfest in Osaka at a tournament venue, and a tournament at the same place the day after, and that's happening this weekend. I'll probably be able to give you the date for the next tournament a few days after that's happened.

If you cba to leave Tokyo, then I might be able to find you a smashfest to attend, but I don't know many smashers in Tokyo

(also sorry for the off-topicness Ben, but I am bumping your thread at least xD)

X1-12

Smash Champion
My number is 07985922028

Thing is if its just Sean, Jack and I that are planning on coming its really not worth the trip, we play each other all the time :/ sorry Ben

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
This thread has been up for over a week and I've metioned it on other threads but I've only had about 3 people say they might be interested. What the hells going on? I know it wasn't much notice but it was as much as I could have given and it would have been tons of space, 3 TVs, housing. There definitely should have been more interest :glare:

J03

Smash Master
you bug individuals, then once one or 2 say yes you ride the snowball till it gets huge.

but then again i'm pretty much the don of smashfests :cool:

VA

Smash Hero
This thread has been up for over a week and I've metioned it on other threads but I've only had about 3 people say they might be interested. What the hells going on? I know it wasn't much notice but it was as much as I could have given and it would have been tons of space, 3 TVs, housing. There definitely should have been more interest :glare:
interested .

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was originally referring to Ben's because I feel kinda bad that he hasn't got that much interest lol...

But if you do invite me I will prob go down but prefferably with Alpha Dash

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
RIGHT I can host another fest again. This time it's late October, so there will be enough time to book.

LETS SEE SOME INTEREST :cool:

(See First Post)

AmcD

Smash Ace
It's going to cost me just over £50 to come to this so there better be free food and drink ;)

Also, I will have to go to Southampton Central (easier route for the train I'm getting).

Koroviev

Smash Cadet
I don't appreciate you coming to this thread to tell people to come to your tournament instead of my event
Sorry you got that impression.

I meant that they could do both, it's not far to come from Southampton and would make a cool day trip.

Top Bottom