• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK players, what EU tournaments are you planning to attend this year?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I just want to know what tournaments everyone is currently making before I start making decisions on where to go and start booking tickets.

I'm looking at Berlin Calling again (since its not exactly a bad date for me anymore) and ZEST5 at the moment, TSL is too close for me to consider it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I just want to know what tournaments everyone is currently making before I start making decisions on where to go and start booking tickets.

I'm looking at Berlin Calling again (since its not exactly a bad date for me anymore) and ZEST5 at the moment, TSL is too close for me to consider it.
gonna wait and see what other people say as well.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The only place I think my parents wouldn't mind me travelling to is France and maybe Holland. So if there's any big tourneys this Summer in either of those locations I should hopefully be there!

I may also possibly be going to Berlin Calling for a week holiday with my family but it's looking unlikely atm with plane prices pretty high!

Jolteon

Smudge - All info should be in this sub-forum: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126

Will - Hm... well France is just going to do TSL 5, I'd be surprised if they would host again so soon. Holland is pretty likely though I guess. I've seen a £70ish ticket to Berlin so I'm not sure about it atm, but it could be worse I guess.

JO3 - It looks like a lot of UK people are planning to make Berlin Calling then, maybe I should go there. x_X

Kone

Smash Master
Joe - You better be making Berlin as you are in my car and need you to be going =x

Summer is looking complcated for tournaments. There is a ESA planned in Paris in June. Ill definetly be making that as traveling there by car wil be amazingly cheap and Paris is amazing. Then ROS5 is in the pipeline in Sweden. After that, there is another TSL being planned in lyon for the summer, my european tournament is booked for aug 10-12th (I would have a proper thread up but I have alot of work on atm, anyone want to do it for me lol?) and then the dutch want to run a tournament (i dont have much faith in that, they always have major housing issues).

So, there is alot of choice. Personally, I think i should be a case of ESA in france, ros5 in swedn and then SNY (mine) in august. They should be the three euro tourneys for the summer. TSL will have just had a feb version and a large euro toureny in june and the Dutch have frequent large tourneys (winter toureny just gone and the ZEST series). If all five run there going to hurt each other :(

ps everyone better make my tournament. The UK has never run a large european tournament so people need to show how good our community is (seriously, some european communities are dull).

Jolteon

Alright I'm looking at Berlin as my choice - looking into my options for flight prices atm.

/e hm flights are like £110 cheapest from what I've been looking at, I'll see what I can do and if not I'll probably look at ZEST. :/

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Me and Calz are maybe going to ZEST, or we may go to France to Bushido Impact and then go to Holland in the summer.

Jolteon

I'm actually thinking about just waiting for summer -___-, I'm not in the mood to spend £110+ on flights. Though I really want to go to berlin :(

J03

Smash Master
as ed said were going in a car to berlin which massively reduces costs and tbh is amazing just for the roadtrip. i advise seeing if any other drivers are interested. i know The_rake drives put i dunno if hes interested or if brawl is at berlins calling.

Jolteon

its melee only I think, not sure if anyone else is going to drive though =/

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'm in exactly the same boat as u alex, flights to berlin are meh

probs wanna go to a big Dutch tournament they're apparantly having, transport there is dirt cheap

Jolteon

Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait until the summer. -_- ESA sounds interesting to me.

Kone

Smash Master
Ill be surprised if the Dutch sort out a large tournament. They talk a large game every year then cant find an appropriate venue/housing. Also, getting to holland isnt very cheap =s. Ryanair doesnt fly there from the london area and easyjet is more than you would expect from stansted.

Also, I hope everybody in the UK has penciled my toureny in their diaries....August 10th-12th ;) going to be HUGE.

Kone

Smash Master
Is what for real? I moved my tournament thread to the european tournament discusion. It isnt a proper thread. Going to do it at the weekend when I have freetime. But, it will be a proper thread. The venue is booked for August 10th-12th. Venue has; 2 x dinning rooms, 2 x kitches, 80 beds, 3 x lounges, showers, toilets, games room (three pool tables), garden and a gym hall ^_^

oh, other april thing.....yeah i will do something, probs end of april tho.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Is what for real? I moved my tournament thread to the european tournament discusion. It isnt a proper thread. Going to do it at the weekend when I have freetime. But, it will be a proper thread. The venue is booked for August 10th-12th. Venue has; 2 x dinning rooms, 2 x kitches, 80 beds, 3 x lounges, showers, toilets, games room (three pool tables), garden and a gym hall ^_^

oh, other april thing.....yeah i will do something, probs end of april tho.
is this Eu tournament you're doing confirmed then?

Kone

Smash Master
Ben - YES :) the tournament is confirmed and is booked. I am meeting the venue next week to try change a few things and get video footage of the venue to put online. We have the venue from 11am Tuesday till 7pm Thursday. However, I believe I can extend that by picking up/dropping the keys of from the venue. Next issue is that I have been quoted 80 to sleep in the venue at night. Im going to try persuade them to allow us to use the sitting rooms as sleepign space. If not, Im going to ask if it is okay to erect a marquee in the garden space (ave already got a quote for a v.large marquee with carpetting + heater and is affordable). If they say no to that then Ill house the rest. Last issue is deposit. I could pay it but want to extend it aslong as possible.

Either way...the venue is booked and is happening. I just havent had time to get a proper thread up yet :). Definetly will be up by the weekend.

Im going to need volunteers to be part of the tournament staff. Needing experienced people to help run the tournament and (tamoo?) someone to run recordign equipment etc.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'll help out with recording too, we can both do it considering we have the same equipment lol.

Also, there's a good chance you will be busier later on in the bracket where more of the recording gets important, whereas I will probably be free :laugh:

J03

Smash Master
wow Ed didnt realise youd gotten so far with everything, thats really great to hear man =).

as for tourney staff you know im happy to help, tbh most peeps would be. SDB bouncers? rofl

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm, thanks for the heads up, will probs be doing research into it tonight or something.

One would've thought it being in holland made it auto-easy to get to but apparantly not then :/

The_Rake

Smash Lord
@ J03
I' definetely not going to be going to any melee only tournies

I would consider a brawl/joint tourny though. The idea of a roadtrip is awsome, ive never driven out of england/wales so it'd be fun to do. Definetely an experience i wanna try.

Top Bottom