• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I agree that falco absolutely *****, like I said in some match ups, it's almost unwinnable for the other character. I actually think he kind of ***** fox....most of the time.

I believe that his weakness is too much, and not able to be overcome. So we disagree on that.

Let's see what 2010 does to change our minds. M2k does in fact john about match ups, like a scrub...
I also believe that Falco vs Fox is in falcos favour. I think it's just harder for fox to approach and combo and everything.

But yeah about the weakness thing we will see anyway since this is the year cos the different continents are kinda combining together now so theirs bound to be new things which are coming up and about which is really good.

2010 is a good year for smash!

even so, none of them will ever be as good.
Amsah is in another league with sheik.

No-one can touch him, people aren't even talking about him that much but in some of the livestream matches he was playing amazing.

No-one plays sheik like him. He is amazing and incredibly smart.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Ive played quite a few excellent falcos and foxs and i think its quite close between the two but i wounldnt know much cause i main pichu and he has quite different match ups to others

Bullet: thanks for the welcome lol yh I would have travell quite a bit to reach many of you but i should be able to do that regularly in the summer =). also im going vancouver in canada soon so i can enter a few while im there

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
sweet sounds good lol yh i might be moving canada cause the hoilday is for basically looking for a house too :laugh: my parents just love moving.

VA

Smash Hero
lucky you, vancouver is very cool. especially for smash xD

Also what's with maining pichu?

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Fox vs Falco is falcos favour, but fox does have some nice things he can do to falcos too.
If it wasn't for the lack of rising fox players, I'd say its fox's time to return to the top, but unless a fox actually starts to break boundaries I see marth making a comeback instead.

It's not that there is no chance of somebody ever getting to amsah's level with sheik, it's just that no current good sheik has shown the improvement required to reach his level. I think PAL has really taught amsah the finer details of sheik, as he said, NTSC sheiks are so dependant on things like dthrow they don't learn everything about her.

VA

Smash Hero
Lucky is pretty ****ing good, if Armada hadn't ****ed him up he could have got in the top 3 possibly. He did beat Amsah...no mean feat.

No sheik will ever be better than Amsah...

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
good question lol i used to main kirby and ness in melee and i got tired of using them non stop :laugh: i then used pichu to see what hes like and it just want from there and i starting using him nonstop. Im not the best with tho cause i still got stuff to learn about the matchups and such.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
many of my friends main them and some stand out quite a bit. We had a mini tourney with like 10 of us and it was a fox that won, i came like 5th =p

If we are moving canada ill properly be only there for a year, if that, gunna treat it like a gap year tbh lol

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
True that lucky is on the rise, but whether he can break that boundary I couldn't say. I guess he has more chance than anyone else.

Can you at least form an valid arguement as to why no sheik will ever be as good as amsah? I'm sure at one point the same arguement was made for ken's marth. I'm not saying it would happen any time soon but you are suggesting its an impossibility.

L-J

Smash Ace
I guess the difference is that Ken stopped playing - arguably while he played regularly his marth was always the best (the overlap with him and M2K is obviously questionably around evo world sorta time cus Ken stopped playing regularly). If Amsah doesn't stop playing I also don't see any sheik overtaking him - he's improving all the time and showed that all he needed to be Armarda was the gay-*** NTSC d-throw lol.

I honestly think Lucky (as well as Jman, M2K and others) are showing that fox has the potential to be the character that ends this Mango/HBox dominance with jiggs - Lucky outplayed Amsah completely when they played for example and M2K is always so so close to beating HBox - closer than anyone came in the tournament apart from Mango obv. Fox players need to step it up, make less mistakes (get gimped less easily/often, etc). Maybe the UK can lead the revolution eh Pro? :p

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
to be fair, amsah almost took a game of Hbox with his fox lol, so you may be right.

Prof and VA, your wrong, my shiek will be soon be as good as amsahs, i just need to get past the 1st challenge of beating dacacias marth, then nothing will stop me!

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
I couldn't be bothered with the GF, watching Jiggs bores me to tears. Even when theres only one of them in the matchup its torture, never mind two... In a weird sorta way, it reminds me of Brawl urgh.

Good to see a sheik get so far though.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
TAMOOOOO

ryan air and easy jet both have very reasonable prices for going out on 1st(ish) and coming back on the 5th(ish), anyone else interested?

VA

Smash Hero
to be fair, amsah almost took a game of Hbox with his fox lol, so you may be right.

Prof and VA, your wrong, my shiek will be soon be as good as amsahs, i just need to get past the 1st challenge of beating dacacias marth, then nothing will stop me!
You're so quiet in real life, nothing like this kind of talk goes on. But it's great. After Dacacia there will are quite a few other challenging players to beat...

And omg blinky try not to be so patronising.

I don't need a "valid argument" for why no sheik will overtake amsah. I can see it, if you can't then youzz a noob, suck on that.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think Lucky (as well as Jman, M2K and others) are showing that fox has the potential to be the character that ends this Mango/HBox dominance with jiggs - Lucky outplayed Amsah completely when they played for example and M2K is always so so close to beating HBox - closer than anyone came in the tournament apart from Mango obv. Fox players need to step it up, make less mistakes (get gimped less easily/often, etc). Maybe the UK can lead the revolution eh Pro? :p
I can't believe you didn't even mention zhu in this :( His fox took hbox to school in the first game - as in, completely took him apart. He didn't keep it up though, none of the other stages helped him out like Dream Land did. Sad times. Still, the next time they play I expect zhu to win conclusively.

Calum - what sort of prices are Berlin? :bee:

Edit: Also, Calum, you'll never beat my Marth! I'll always be one step ahead. ;)

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
we are probs looking at 60ish return. If we get housing, i.e. pay nothing for accomodation, it may be worth going. Anyone know if fuzz is going to this?

Tamoo

Smash Master
60 is very doable for me, which airline is this? I'll go check it out. You sure you're taking into account taxes and stuff like that? Cos i really can't find anything as cheap as 60 :s

Would be cool to get a UK force out there, we don't need fuzzy >.<

So ppl looking into Berlin so far, VA(making his own way) me, calum and duncan then? Hoping to get amsah or faab in my pool :D

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Screw Fuzzy! We don't need the best in the UK! Berlin could be pretty cool, good chance to gauge UK level again? i.e. pretty poor... lol

Tamoo: are amsah or faab even going?

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I was refering more to the fact that it wasn't impossible for somebody to be a better sheik, not that it is likely to happen. So you are suggesting amsah is at the point of perfection that sheik can play?

Also, I don't think you get more patronising than suggesting you have forsight and are right so everyone who disagrees is immediately wrong.

VA

Smash Hero
Amsah plays Sheik as well as I can imagine. He plays Sheik as well as M2k plays Marth, I'd call it the peak, but that's my opinion.

My post was hardly serious. It was a response to you asking me to lay out a logical argument in order to pursuade you. I was simply saying that's the way I see it, a lot of other people probably agree and I don't need to explain it to you in order to hold that opinion. I never claimed that it was fact.

Now get off your high horse.

L-J

Smash Ace
TBF Duncan Zhu and Hax both ***** HBox first game but then got ***** for the next two and lost their sets conclusively. M2K on the other hand was one strong hit from winning the set. You're right though - there are plenty of foxes who can do it, they've just gotta step it up. Also has anyone noticed how in recent high profile floaty vs spacie/falcon matches, when it's a very close set and goes to last stock last game the floaty almost ALWAYS seems to pull out the win, no matter the players :/ Guess it's easier to choke with a more technical character but still...

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I thought the last game with zhu could have gone either way, but yeah, I guess you're right, hbox just adapted better.

Speaking of ridiculous turnarounds, jman lucky anyone?

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
If it hadn't been for that last comment which was uncalled for I would probably have let this go, but quite frankly it was unneccessary. Saying it was not a serious comment or only your opinion does not give you a valid reason to be disrespectful.

It is the best to this current date, but it is still not the best possible because otherwise there would be no way for him to improve.

L-J: I think fox is progressing more than most characters atm. While it is easier to choke with fast fallers I think there are some of amazing floaty players who do genuinely deserve to win.

VA

Smash Hero
I was only messing around, calm down. What's all this obsesson with validity?

Amsah will not be surpassed.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
You're so quiet in real life, nothing like this kind of talk goes on. But it's great. After Dacacia there will are quite a few other challenging players to beat...

And omg blinky try not to be so patronising.

I don't need a "valid argument" for why no sheik will overtake amsah. I can see it, if you can't then youzz a noob, suck on that.
Hahaha this post is hilarious

EDIT: Just read through the thread a bit. Blinky does have a point :suess: :suess: Its like saying no falcon will ever be better than Isai.. which wouldn't be an unreasonable statement actually, lol. HAHA!

Keep it real Southerners, maybe one day one of you will be as good as me?!

Ant (Aiko) updated me on the goings on at Pound 4 last night. Holy moly! So glad Amsah got 3rd. He's absolutely insane when hes motivated haha, but something to do with ntsc sheik also?!

VA

Smash Hero
**** off Zeppo.

Isai quit, if Isai carried on playing he would still be the best, obviously.

Also, Amsah ***** so hard, it was beautiful.

Top Bottom