• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean yeah, that is true, and it’s not necessarily....wrong, just a kinda cheap way to get videos out there if you ask me. I don’t hate people if they do it, but I’d just rather add tags that relate to the subject.
And then they'd lose money due to less thorough SEO. Getting a good amount of revenue is important.

D

Deleted member

Weird youtube drama aside, am I the only one who's super bothered by the commentary style of Nintendo Smash event commentators?
Specifically, I really can't stand how they have to say each other's names to make some sort of mandatory commentary switch during a game.

"Look at him using that Down Air it's so good VIKKI" "You're right that sure is a Down Air wow look he used up smash BISH"

It grinds my gears cause I get so distracted like wryyy

That said I hope they keep up that event support, cause it's a nice change of pace from Nintendo's old anti-tournament outlook.

D

Deleted member

I don’t expect anything until E3.

If something happens before it, good. If not, I won’t be mad or upset about it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And then they'd lose money due to less thorough SEO. Getting a good amount of revenue is important.
Oh yeah, it certainly is. But if your content is good enough, your going to be able to get more than enough money without adding misleading tags. While it does make more money, the tags are still irrelevant. I’d rather just add tags that suit the video rather than using the system to my advantage. Just my take on it. If my videos were monetized, I would probably do that, though. Still being a bit on track, though.
Weird youtube drama aside, am I the only one who's super bothered by the commentary style of Nintendo Smash event commentators?
Specifically, I really can't stand how they have to say each other's names to make some sort of mandatory commentary switch during a game.

"Look at him using that Down Air it's so good VIKKI" "You're right that sure is a Down Air wow look he used up smash BISH"

That said I hope they keep up that event support, cause it's a nice change of pace from Nintendo's old anti-tournament outlook.
Also, speaking of commentary in tournaments, why is every commenter black? Hope that doesn’t sound racist, I just always found it a bit weird (Not literally every one)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Someone had to do it.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.
I don't know about you, but that video was pretty much me after the LM3 reveal.

I also personally view it as what happens when Luigi gets a 0-to-death.

D

Deleted member

You say that like it wouldn't be 11/10 hype.
It would be fairly hype but not as hype as a new Character reveal. Plus I've never played P5 so it's kind of whatever for me, He's cool but I'm more interested in characters we haven't seen yet

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t expect anything until E3.

If something happens before it, good. If not, I won’t be mad or upset about it.
Didn't Smash 4 have DLC announcements every so often outside of E3? Mewtwo's trailer was Feb 2015 iirc, Lucas was sometime April-May, Roy and Ryu were June, Cloud was October and Corrin and Bayonetta were December. I can see them doing something similar.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah, it certainly is. But if your content is good enough, your going to be able to get more than enough money without adding misleading tags. While it does make more money, the tags are still irrelevant. I’d rather just add tags that suit the video rather than using the system to my advantage. Just my take on it. If my videos were monetized, I would probably do that, though. Still being a bit on track, though.
I like how you're arguing "If your content is good then you won't need to do it!" yet immediately claim you'd do the same if you monetized your videos, which is literally the jobs of clickbait youtubers

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

Isn’t that how they do it in regular athletic sports? “Something something something, Bob?” (I don’t actually watch sports often but that’s how they do it in the movies, at least?) So maybe Nintendo wanted the commentary style to be more like regular sports, thinking it’d encourage more watchers of regular sports to watch esports?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I like how you're arguing "If your content is good then you won't need to do it!" yet immediately claim you'd do the same if you monetized your videos, which is literally the jobs of clickbait youtubers
Eh, yeah. I mean it as in, yeah, If your content is good enough you won’t need it, but it is good to have some back up, if that makes any sense at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isn’t that how they do it in regular athletic sports? “Something something something, Bob?” (I don’t actually watch sports often but that’s how they do it in the movies, at least?) So maybe Nintendo wanted the commentary style to be more like regular sports, thinking it’d encourage more watchers of regular sports to watch esports?
What e-sports have anything to do with real sports? You're just watching some dudes play a game.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Back from work. It's a mix of theory craft, but tournament results are probably the largest factor. It's becoming harder and harder to rank characters on an increasingly large roster, also RIP Mii Fighters, and is in part why creating Match Up charts for the past few games have been non-starters.

In general it's taking the averages of various compiled tier lists among devoted community members and competitive players with debate here and there. Mains for each character are often looked to for opinions.
Well that's unfortunate. At this point, it'll be an improvement if the next lists aren't strictly 100% about tourney placements, for that's what bothered me about previous lists in the past, or maybe I was misinformed back then. Hope it'll look great in the upcoming months.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well that's unfortunate. At this point, it'll be an improvement if the next lists aren't strictly 100% about tourney placements, for that's what bothered me about previous lists in the past, or maybe I was misinformed back then. Hope it'll look great in the upcoming months.
Unpopular opinion, but I don't think a tier list made for over seventy characters mean that much, unless a considerably long times passes after last DLC fighter.

D

Deleted member

Last night I beated a lvl9 cpu in super sudden death with 99 stocks and without items on!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Didn't Smash 4 have DLC announcements every so often outside of E3? Mewtwo's trailer was Feb 2015 iirc, Lucas was sometime April-May, Roy and Ryu were June, Cloud was October and Corrin and Bayonetta were December. I can see them doing something similar.
I think we got both :ultmewtwo::ultlucas: in April-May. Both of their gameplay trailers were in the same Direct iirc.

D

Deleted member

It would be fairly hype but not as hype as a new Character reveal. Plus I've never played P5 so it's kind of whatever for me, He's cool but I'm more interested in characters we haven't seen yet
I can understand that.

For me personally, though, I'm not sure if my heart is ready to see him in the game with music like this. (Just a little warning, that song is a final boss track, so if you don't want some P5 endgame spoilers, don't click it.)

We are working on a model for a Skeleton shopkeeper. Here it is so far!View attachment 191194
Oh snap you got the rights to use Ness.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What e-sports have anything to do with real sports? You're just watching some dudes play a game.
They still both have commentary, though, simply watching people play a game doesn’t usually come accompanied by commentary. They’re also both tests of different abilities of the players that take place within a setting with specific rules. There isn’t really that much correlation still (I mean, the fact that esports players go by their online tags and can sometimes be identified by their favorite character rather than by themselves makes quite a bit of a difference to how viewers perceive the players) but I’m just saying that it could be a reason why they’d try that style of commentary.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Unpopular opinion, but I don't think a tier list made for over seventy characters mean that much, unless a considerably long times passes after last DLC fighter.
Oh I know. I'd at least wait 6 months after the game's released before we get a start on things, but in reality, longer than that would help so characters and the meta can develop, but I've said this already.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whats the Broom Enthusiast rank?
It means you have posting access to the Backroom. It's similar to the Premium Disco Room board, but it's generally full of older site members (both in age & join date) with lots of Simpsons & Seinfeld jokes.

Applications to join are generally whenever they get around to it, but the last few "Party Buses" have turned up next to no applications. Some of the recent thread titles include:

"How many off you actualy reed things hear?"
"Why I'm leaving the BRoom"
"Stuff Trump Did Today - The Politics Thread"
"Drop them Sweatpants"
"It's time to remove EE from the BRoom"
"Baby Grimer almost happened"
"I've been trying out for a while how to admit this"
:088:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imagine trying to make a Match-up chart for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom