• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wanna know what sucks?
Enjoying a game and everyone assumes you enjoy it because boobies

Oh well. :p
I find it worse when instead of boobies people think that you like to punch childrens on it.

For example:getting that thought after seeing me fighting a Smash match against a Lucas/Ness player or CPU.

D

Deleted member

Technically no video game character needs to talk.

But we're in 2019 old men! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson!
I'm of the mindset not every tradition needs to be broken. If someone can give me a good reason for Link to talk when he hasn't for this long and everything is great, then I might change my mind.

Traditions being broken needlessly is one of the reasons BotW had no dungeons and axed item progression, which was for the worse IMO.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wanna know what sucks?
Enjoying a game and everyone assumes you enjoy it because boobies

Oh well. :p
It's especially annoying when you're not into it in the first place.

Technically no video game character needs to talk.

But we're in 2019 old men! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson!
Visual novel characters need to talk.

It doesn't have to be voice acted, but still.

D

Deleted member

The problem with the weapons in BOTW is the fact that a few of them can be lost literally forever if you use and break all the ones found in the game, with one being the Kokiri Sword.

If that wasn’t the case I would be fine with the system, but i don’t like the fact that i literally need to reject myself from using those weapons in order to not lose them forever.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm of the mindset not every tradition needs to be broken. If someone can give me a good reason for Link to talk when he hasn't for this long and everything is great, then I might change my mind.

Traditions being broken needlessly is one of the reasons BotW had no dungeons and axed item progression, which was for the worse IMO.
Am no Zelda buff but considering Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword got rather lukewarm reception and legacy I actually wonder if this is a big deal for the majority of the fans.

I played both. TP isn't as "bad" as people say but I do agree it was nothing special. Skyward Sword gives me diarrhea though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you are on a phone or tablet, change the postion of the screen.

It automatically pops up after doing so.
Just tap the icons and it'll show your customizable options, had to figure it out myself too. If you want to change colours of your eyes, brows, hair and skin there's a paintbrush tool
If you're on the first screen, press the pink button on the bottom right.
OK. Got it! Give me a sec....

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
The problem with the weapons in BOTW is the fact that a few of them can be lost literally forever if you use and break all the ones found in the game, with one being the Kokiri Sword.

If that wasn’t the case I would be fine with the system, but i don’t like the fact that i literally need to reject myself from using those weapons in order to not lose them forever.
I don't really like it either, of course. The main good thing from that to me is that it basically means that I need to simply use more weapons, although I probably wouldn't want to use the valuable weapons too much. I guess it couldn't have hurt to have a way to strengthen weapons, in terms of durability.

D

Deleted member

I find the idea of people thinking that I like to hurt kids after seeing me playing a game where i do so (like a match against Ness or Lucas in Smash, for example) than the boobs thing.

Mostly because it directly makes them think that you hurt people.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Good god you're anime as ****. That being said, still valid. To quote our lord and savior
:ultdk:: "Trans rights. OK!"

Knock the weebs dead queen
I'm actually like this in real life. I love being cute and I love cute things. I love to dress fancy and I love ribbons. And as soon as my hair is longer I WILL die it pink.

I actually don't like anime all that much.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh so that rainbow in your signature isn't for show. My bad

ermahgerd guys Sonicfox is here
I wish I was half as cool as Sonicfox.

I find the idea of people thinking that I like to hurt kids after seeing me playing a game where i do so (like a match against Ness or Lucas in Smash, for example) than the boobs thing.

Mostly because it directly makes them think that you hurt people.
If people think you like to hurt kids because of a fighting game, they need a brain.

D

Deleted member

I’m a straight male, but I’m also black.

Does tumblr love me or hate me?
I am straight and born with a bright skin that got darker because of going to the beach a lot.

People around me also claim that they are glad for knowing me, if that counts.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m a straight male, but I’m also black.

Does tumblr love me or hate me?
You're good.

I'm actually like this in real life. I love being cute and I love cute things. I love to dress fancy and I love ribbons. And as soon as my hair is longer I WILL die it pink.
This speaks to me on a spiritual level.

Too bad I'm a dude over 1.85 m

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, I’m a straight guy. The rainbow’s totally for show.

Love me some women/gay/trans rights though.
You realize the last thing I listed there was something that's usually on men right? Can't believe you'd ****ing lie to me
I wish I was half as cool as Sonicfox.

If people think you like to hurt kids because of a fighting game, they need a brain.
Don't we all? My irl friends think furries are odd and I don't get furries either but we all have mad respect for what he pulled at the Game Awards lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
I am straight and born with a bright skin that got darker because of going to the beach a lot.

People around me also claim that they are glad for knowing me, if that counts.
Too bad, Tumbr hates you if you're not from a minority they are interested in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You realize the last thing I listed there was something that's usually on men right? Can't believe you'd ****ing lie to me
Don't we all? My irl friends think furries are odd and don't get furries either but we all have mad respect for what he pulled at the Game Awards lmao
I didn’t, it was censored.

I thought it was another lady part I’m sorry.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't we all? My irl friends think furries are odd and I don't get furries either but we all have mad respect for what he pulled at the Game Awards lmao
Not a furry myself, but most of I know are very cool people.

D

Deleted member

Too bad, Tumbr hates you if you're not from a minority they are interested in.
Oh.
Well, at least I am liked by persons of many races and genders IRL.

And yeah, furries are fine people.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Am no Zelda buff but considering Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword got rather lukewarm reception and legacy I actually wonder if this is a big deal for the majority of the fans.

I played both. TP isn't as "bad" as people say but I do agree it was nothing special. Skyward Sword gives me diarrhea though.
Zelda fans go in their own cycle. What's considered the "bad" one now won't be 5 years from now, same for which one is considered the "best". Also, a lack of voice for Link isn't what cause divisive opinions in the Zelda community for TP and SW. What caused it for TP was the fact it featured a big map with nothing in it and divisive opinions on Wolf Link gameplay, and SW is criticized to this day because of the overuse of motion controls.

TP is starting to come around is getting more support, though. As for Skyward Sword: It, IMO, is nowhere near as terrible as everyone says it is. It probably has the best storytelling in the series (especially when it comes to Link and Zelda's relationship) and has a very clean and timeless style similar to Wind Waker. A remaster to touch it up and fix flaws similar to OoT 3D and MM3D would do it wonders.

This is a really good video on Skyward Sword's pros and cons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm a Christian so I don't really do that whole gay thing but if your gay, I mean, it's your life, you do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom