• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Geno fans are the most oppressed people on this earth.
You guys have done pretty well for yourselves considering your candidate is basically a one-off supporting role from a single spin-off made a quarter century ago.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
i dont get why warioware doesn't have a second rep at this point honestly

warioware and xc are criminally underrepped but xc i can get bc of timing shenanigans and whatnot

warioware just makes no sense imo for such a huge series
Warioware's got a million characters who could all have unique, wacky movesets.

I really hope we get someone from warioware next game. Doesn't even have to be Ashley, though i'd prefer it.
Thank you! I REALLY wanna see a WarioWare original character make it in and it sucks that we don’t have one yet!

If not Ashley then I could easily see Mona, Kat & Ana, 9-Volt or Jimmy T make the cut.

D

Deleted member

You really just gonna downplay the slavery of Gamers? What about the Gamercaust?
Geno Fans ARE Gamers just a specific subset of Gamers, ones that didn't even get picked when Sakurai listened to us Gamers. Oppression + Oppression = The most Oppressed people on this earth.

D

Deleted member

I mean if you don't make Isaac playable what was the point bringing him back as an assist if he were absent in 4?
Inclusion. It proves Isaac was on the minds for Ultimate's development. What that means for Isaac in Ultimate DLC or Smash 6 is up in the air, but it's better than nothing in my opinion.

As someone who has Bomberman as his most wanted, Bomberman being in itself really brings a smile to my face. He's like my favorite assist trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You really just gonna downplay the slavery of Gamers? What about the Gamercaust?
You fool

Geno fans were the most epic of all gamers, before they fell in the nword wars

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Wambo the wise?
It's not a story the Isaac stans will tell you...

LetterO

Smash Lord
Reminder that us Rhythm Heaven fans had a scrapped character and all we got after hoping and dealing with the green man was 1 more song.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

warioware and xc are criminally underrepped but xc i can get bc of timing shenanigans and whatnot

Both Wario series in general feel like they could use more stuff overall. Wario's had his own games since the original game boy.

Captain Syrup just deserves a shot, man

D

Deleted member

I mean if you don't make Isaac playable what was the point bringing him back as an assist if he were absent in 4?
You mean you would prefer to not have him at all? Not an Isaac fan, but people take the whole AT situation as if they were spitting on their faces.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Inclusion. It proves Isaac was on the minds for Ultimate's development. What that means for Isaac in Ultimate DLC or Smash 6 is up in the air, but it's better than nothing in my opinion.

As someone who has Bomberman as his most wanted, Bomberman being in itself really brings a smile to my face. He's like my favorite assist trophy.
I think it would had saved them the pain if they just didn't include him as an assist to begin with.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Both Wario series in general feel like they could use more stuff overall. Wario's had his own games since the original game boy.

Captain Syrup just deserves a shot, man
Smash 2028

Both Ashley and Captain Syrup get in

The Warioware/Land wars end

World Peace Achieved

You fool

how dare you remind me of Wambo

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So the assist alliance is only focused Shadow/Isaac/Waluigi? Havent checked them, but they feel a little bit silly only focus on them really.
Honestly, that's what it feels like. I understand that they are the most popular with Assist Upgrade requests, but AssistAlliance should also give smaller fanbases a chance to be heard too. There's some people out there that want characters like Lyn, Starfy, Dr. Wily, and heck, even random picks like the Badge Arcade Bunny, but because their fanbases aren't as developed nor well known, they're pretty much ignored, when something like AssistAlliance SHOULD help them out with. AssistAlliance should be about all assists, no matter how big or small, no matter how obscure or not they may be. It gives everyone a fighying chance, a chance to be organize, and it misses the mark completely when it just focuses on a select few. That's not how it should be, and for that, I can't support AssistAliance.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly Isaac not showing up at all would only give his fans false hope for the next few years.

They're gonna get excited again when Smash 6 rolls around, whether or not they'll be disappointed again remains to be seen. But either way, why not let them rest for a while?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Honestly I'd probably promote Knuckles and Shovel Knight if I could choose what assists could be upgraded.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it would had saved them the pain if they just didn't include him as an assist to begin with.
Because that worked so well in Smash 4. I don't like this mentality that it's better to not be in the game at all than it is to be an Assist. In fact, for many, Assists are a big factor of bringing a character back into the spotlight. It did for Mac, it did for Dark Samus, it did for Takumaru, and for some, the only way they could still be in the spotlight, like Isaac and Starfy.

D

Deleted member

There's no pain in your character being represented in a greater fashion than virtually almost all of the spirits.

Unless you're saying you can't hope for him in DLC. I can get that, but I'd rather they just tell me now instead of later if we're not getting our most wanted. Again, it's why some people took offense to November's direct, because of the last minute deconfirmation. Meanwhile, Bomberman or Lyn (RIP Alpharad) were deconfirmed on the spot on Ultimate's reveal. Allows me to look at the situation with a more open sense because now I'm open to whatever's next.

Either way, if Isaac had to go out, it's better to be an assist because it's proof he's at least he's somewhat relevant again. Unlike Advance Wars, who were removed as an Assist Trophy. I was bummed about that.

D

Deleted member

If I could upgrade Assists I would upgrade Isaac, Skull Kid, Waluigi and Bomberman.

Isaac and Skull Kid cause I want them, Waluigi cause his fans would riot if there were Assist Upgrades and Waluigi wasn't one of them and Bomberman cause he's an Iconic character who I think should get in Smash after the history with him and Nintendo.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I have a challenge for you guys. For any songs you want to see in Smash, come up with a Spirit/Spirit Battle to accommodate it in order to unlock it.
You don’t have to go into as much detail as I did.

Spirit Type: Support, :starman::starman:
Spirit Effects: Double Final Smash
Opponent: :ultpeach::ultmario::ultluigi:
Rules:
Conditions: Item-Food
-Reinforcements will appear after a while (another :ultpeach::ultmario::ultluigi:) You
Stage: 3D Land Battlefield
Music Track: Double Cherry Pass ~ Super Mario 3D World

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you had to ask me, it doesn't matter when Sakurai deconfirms assists. Truthfully, I'd say it would be even worse to deconfirm the more popular requests off the bat, because then you just effectively killed a lot of hype on the game's unveiling. Like, imagine E3, and Isaac, Shadow, and Waluigi were all deconfirmed. Then not as many would be hype for Ridley, because now their in a sour mood, so it would take a lot to win them back.

D

Deleted member

If you had to ask me, it doesn't matter when Sakurai deconfirms assists. Truthfully, I'd say it would be even worse to deconfirm the more popular requests off the bat, because then you just effectively killed a lot of hype on the game's unveiling. Like, imagine E3, and Isaac, Shadow, and Waluigi were all deconfirmed. Then not as many would be hype for Ridley, because now their in a sour mood, so it would take a lot to win them back.
I would debate you on that, but I got Castlevania and King K. Rool after Bomberman was deconfirmed so maybe I'm not the right person to argue against this emotionally.

Marketing wise, though, a lot of hype died down for some people on November 1st, which was the last direct before release. In my opinion, you don't wanna end it weak like it did there. I don't think it mattered where the placement was because there was always a contingency, and even when there wasn't, we still got Joker before Ultimate released.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So I have a challenge for you guys. For any songs you want to see in Smash, come up with a Spirit/Spirit Battle to accommodate it in order to unlock it.

Rules:
-Reinforcements will appear after a while (another :ultpeach::ultmario::ultluigi:) You
I don't know much about Secret of Mana music, only that I want one to accompany a Biting Lizard Spirit :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would debate you on that, but I got Castlevania and King K. Rool after Bomberman was deconfirmed so maybe I'm not the right person to argue against this emotionally.

Marketing wise, though, a lot of hype died down for some people on November 1st, which was the last direct before release. In my opinion, you don't wanna end it weak like it did there. I don't think it mattered where the placement was because there was always a contingency, and even when there wasn't, we still got Joker before Ultimate released.
In that case, deconfirming them in the middle would be the best bet, though idk if that'll be any less nuclear.

Though I am the same guy who was pretty upset over Isaac being deconfirmed, only for me to forget about it because of the Plant.

Yeah, not really a character loyalist, am I?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You fool

Does Darth Vader have the n word pass?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Rules:
photoflowey.png

Spirit Type: Primary, :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Spirit Effect: Grants temporary immunity
Opponent: :ultpiranha:
Rules: Defeat the enemy.
Conditions:-Enemy turns Giant after a while.
-Enemy Turns Invincible temporarily.
-Screen Flips
-Enemy has powerful Specials

Stage: Undertale Stage ;)
Music Track: Your Best Nightmare+Finale

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
god ****ing damn my roomate is so judgemental

LEMME EAT ****ING MAC AND CHEESE AT 11 PM ********
My roommate goes to bed at 8:30 ****ing PM and sleeps like a mouse in the middle of a thunderstorm. She questions how I cook, rearranged my kitchen, sings at all times everywhere in the house, constantly interrupts whatever we're doing in the living room to show us a Tumblr pic or something else equally as inane, and asked me to turn off the feature where my Xbox goes straight to cable TV on sign-in because one time Law and Order SVU was on when it signed in and she doesn't like that so she wanted me to eliminate the sheer possibility of that happening again just in case by turning off the feature.

She hung her **** on my walls while I wasn't home. She has half a million plants and put them on every window sill in the house. She likes using this thing called "buy nothing", like Craigslist but everything's freely given instead, and she once left a book for a stranger on our front porch after giving him our address and saying "no one will be home all day so I left it on the front porch, get it whenever you want", and when I told her why you can't do that she went on a rant about how I can't "force my male authority on her" despite it being my. goddamn. house.

She once asked me to give her a ride to do something important, and I drove fifteen minutes to give some lady neither of us knew peppers. For free. Because she asked for them on the buy nothing thing for her dinner tonight. So my roommate had me use my car, and my gas, and my time, to drive her to another town to hand a stranger two ****ing goddamn peppers and then go home.

She is the epitome of everything I hate about Portland rolled up into one person who thinks she's far more mature than she actually has ever been. And I swear to God I'll--

Okay I feel better. What was this about mac'n'cheese? Can I have some?

D

Deleted member

Is Wario Ware that big a seller for Nintendo?

I thought that Land and Ware were kind of middling series for them.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, I just learned that my shiny new TV was made by Philips.

I've been playing Twilight Princess for the past few days on it.

Yeah, the jokes are already writing themselves, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom