• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
5 cannon shots can be heard in the distance.

PeridotGX

District 4

Spoderman

District 9

Fawful

District 8

Dora Standpipe

District 2

faygoshill

District 7

To sum up right now. 43 individuals remain.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
5 cannon shots can be heard in the distance.

PeridotGX

District 4

Spoderman

District 9

Fawful

District 8

Dora Standpipe

District 2

faygoshill

District 7

To sum up right now. 43 individuals remain.
King of Payne still in it!

I hope he starts bringing the pain!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
as far as i see it, a P5 feMC would realistically include the following:
  • altered dialogue choices in otherwise normal scenes to reflect a different personality (like how P3's feMC was a lot more bubbly and upbeat)
  • revamped/changed confidants, especially to accomodate for romance with male characters and potentially new classmates from 1st year (as they sort of did with Rio in P3P, albeit without the year change) - a given from P3P, and probably a large chunk of the time needed just for rewriting the things
  • 1st year changes - requires replacing of kawakami and the hawaii trip, though equally it wouldn't be hard to just change it so that the hawaii trip included 1st year if you were playing feMC; P3P indicates that they're willing to just add new trips entirely but then that was also much lower budget and easier to implement
  • cutscenes altered - all things considered, probably not the biggest job in the world; cutscenes like joker's awakening would take a bit of work but atlus's internal animation team is usually on the ball
  • main scenario changes - to be honest i don't know how much this would actually come into it, given that the whole getting-sued thing would probably play out more or less the same regardless of gender, but it's hard to say how much they'd want to play around with giving feMC a new story structure
  • kickass all-out-attack finishing art - look buddy if her all-out-attack artwork isn't killer then what's even the point of choosing to play as her
Sounds about right. There'd probably be a bit more too.

I feel like with everything going in persona's favor, including joker getting into smash, it can be a worthwhile investment to make p5r have a good amount of new stuff. Especially that it's more likely going to be on ps4 first, so fans need enough reason to buy it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
  • main scenario changes - to be honest i don't know how much this would actually come into it, given that the whole getting-sued thing would probably play out more or less the same regardless of gender, but it's hard to say how much they'd want to play around with giving feMC a new story structure
It seems more like this character won't be affiliated with the Phantom Thieves. Their dialogue in the trailer is anti-Phantom-Thief. It indicates that her story will be a separate one in the same setting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When I real young, or as far as I can remember. Watching the 90's shows, reading my dad's comics from the 70's and 80's, and playing the PS1 Spider-Man game.

Mind you I'm mostly ****posting, but Spider-Man and X-Men are by far and away my favorite comic IPs, while I also like Daredevil, Black Panther, Blade, Captain America and Ghost Rider a fair bit too. Looking to read some of Moon Knight's stuff at some point.

Though I'd be lying if I wasn't a little annoyed at the Avengers shilling these past 3 years or so.

Like Pottery.
I wasn't asking for you're age, I was actually asking for the decade. But you gave that to me anyway. (Keep in mind I also prefer DC to Marvel so that's gonna color my opinions)

Simply put, my point is that you grew up in a different era of Marvel than I did. I got into Marvel during the MCU era. I wasn't little when I did, in fact I was just starting out in high school (I jumped in late around Winter Soldier). To me, that's Marvel. I don't dislike the X-Men, but I've never found them appealing. And while I like the Idea of Fantastic Four, the movies have all bean pretty bad. Also, when I look at the X-Men and The Avengers, I see two completely different circumstances behind the members of their teams. Each Avenger is a pre-existing headliner of their own series, and their brought to work together. So when I look at a game like, say, Marvel Infinite, I don't see a bunch of Avengers characters. I see bunch of Iron Man characters, and Thor characters, and Hulk characters, etc.

The X-Men however, from my limited exposure, do not have the same benefit. With very few exceptions like Wolverine, the X-Men are all created specifically for the X-Men series. They all draw from the same pool of villains, have a similar/shared origin, and only headline their own stories AFTER appearing in an X-Men story. So when I look at a game like say, Marvel 2, I see a bunch of characters all from the same franchise bringing in very little variety and leaving whole corner of the Marvel Universe out entirely. I still think it's a crime that MvC had characters like Marrow and Spiral in it before Thor ever showed up on the roster, and that Spider-Man's rogue's gallery is underutilized to a disappointing extent in favor of more X-Men.

We were raised during two vastly different areas of Marvel's history. So each of us expects something different from their crossover events and films. I just want my side of the argument to be heard and recognized because the conversation is so often dominated by 90s fans who prefer the X-Men and look at the Marvel Universe in a completely different way.

D

Deleted member

Man I wish I was of age so I could flirt with you guys because this thread is getting my inner homo all riled up

Iridium

Smash Hero
Magolor cooks his food before putting his fire out.

Yuji Naka cooks his food before putting his fire out.

Noipoi quietly hums.

Mr. Moseby sets up camp for the night.

Mineta tries to treat his infection.

KMDP passes out from exhaustion.

Ghiaccio and staindgrey talk about the tributes still alive.

The Gentlepanda throws a knife into Spider-Ham's chest.

Stanley Kubrick, Smashing Ramen, and Sakura unsuccessfully ambush Napoleon, Duke Nukem, and Chain Chomp, who kill them instead.

AbareKiller loses sight of where he is.

Konkey Dong receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

Surgery Miyamoto screams for help.

Negative Man thinks about home.

TF2 Sniper stabs Cabbage in the back with a trident.

Shruggin' Chuck kills Segata Sanshiro with a hatchet.

Nemissa dies trying to escape the arena.

DI and Gheb huddle for warmth.

Iridium, NateVO, King of Payne, and Cursed Callie Plushie sleep in shifts.

Palla is awoken by nightmares.

Idunn attempts to start a fire, but is unsuccessful.

P5R FeMC cooks her food before putting her fire out.

Tetra and Starfy hold hands.

Wario Deluxe receives clean water from an unknown sponsor.

ShotoStar accidently detonates a land mine while trying to arm it.

Mr. Nobody tries to treat his infection.

Ultomato climbs a tree to rest.

BCL tries to treat her infection.

Joker The Mighty and Addam talk about the tributes still alive.

Probably the funniest one yet.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Oh yea a lot of interaction with the villian characters would change with a FeMC

Even if we do end up with Female Joker i hope people begin to realize that adding a separate genders in a big 100 hour JRPG with millions character interactions and dialogue isnt easy as something like fire emblem or pokemon.

making video games is hard

D

Deleted member

Stanley Kubrick, Smashing Ramen, and Sakura unsuccessfully ambush Napoleon, Duke Nukem, and Chain Chomp, who kill them instead.
Here's some completely unneccesary trivia, Stanley Kubrick in the late 60s was actually planning on making a film about Napoleon. He made a script, had resources and had everything planned out, even wanting actual armies to be in the movie. He wanted to make a grandiose movie, but the day before it went into production, he cancelled it for reasons still not super clear.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Shruggin' Chuck diverts Cursed Callie Plushie's attention and runs away.

Palla, Tetra, KMDP, Joker The Mighty, and Konkey Dong hunt for other tributes.

Addam makes a slingshot.

Magolor sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.

staindgrey receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

Ghiaccio tries to spear fish with a trident.

Napoleon, Ultomato, Iridium, and Surgery Miyamoto raid Gheb's camp while he is hunting.

Idunn overhears P5R FeMC and TF2 Sniper talking in the distance.

BCL overpowers DI, killing him.

Mr. Moseby questions his sanity.

Noipoi and King of Payne work together for the day.

Mr. Nobody stalks Chain Chomp.

Wario Deluxe and AbareKiller fight Yuji Naka and Mineta. Wario Deluxe and AbareKiller survive.

NateVO sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.

The Gentlepanda scares Duke Nukem off.

Starfy attempts to climb a tree, but falls to his death.

I was stuck thinking about the last one.

Moydow Moydow Some anime dies here.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh yea a lot of interaction with the villian characters would change with a FeMC

Even if we do end up with Female Joker i hope people begin to realize that adding a separate genders in a big 100 hour JRPG with millions character interactions and dialogue isnt easy as something like fire emblem or pokemon.

making video games is hard
I'm not saying it's easy, but I am saying that it's not as hard as you seem to think it is.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
persona 5 is definitely huge, but i'd argue this is overstating the impact joker's gender has on the bulk of the game. most of the work would be rewriting confidants like with P3P--a big task, sure, but nothing impossible. from there, it's just a matter of how ambitious they want to be with the rest--whether they want her to have a new personality expressed through dialogue choices, or if they want her to start in a different school year or have a slightly altered story.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Shruggin' Chuck diverts Cursed Callie Plushie's attention and runs away.

Palla, Tetra, KMDP, Joker The Mighty, and Konkey Dong hunt for other tributes.

Addam makes a slingshot.

Magolor sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.

staindgrey receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

Ghiaccio tries to spear fish with a trident.

Napoleon, Ultomato, Iridium, and Surgery Miyamoto raid Gheb's camp while he is hunting.

Idunn overhears P5R FeMC and TF2 Sniper talking in the distance.

BCL overpowers DI, killing him.

Mr. Moseby questions his sanity.

Noipoi and King of Payne work together for the day.

Mr. Nobody stalks Chain Chomp.

Wario Deluxe and AbareKiller fight Yuji Naka and Mineta. Wario Deluxe and AbareKiller survive.

NateVO sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.

The Gentlepanda scares Duke Nukem off.

Starfy attempts to climb a tree, but falls to his death.

I was stuck thinking about the last one.

If this man really thought he could climb a tree w/ this physique:

DBE02B3B-58CA-4739-84FB-F69F3375571D.png

Then he got what was coming to him.

You said my name?
Good to see you haven’t been completely consumed by the Granblue Gachapin wormhole.

D

Deleted member

I just realised we're gonna have to deal with another month of this FeMC vs New Girl debate, dear god.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
persona 5 is definitely huge, but i'd argue this is overstating the impact joker's gender has on the bulk of the game. most of the work would be rewriting confidants like with P3P--a big task, sure, but nothing impossible. from there, it's just a matter of how ambitious they want to be with the rest--whether they want her to have a new personality expressed through dialogue choices, or if they want her to start in a different school year or have a slightly altered story.
id imagine if Japan started caring about what the west wanted, thry would have to adjust or get rid of Kamoshida for the female sexed Joker. Tho, they are pretty good at not listening to anything we want

Iridium

Smash Hero
staindgrey barely survives due to swimming away, while Magolor drowns.

Wario Deluxe survives.

Idunn survives.

Duke Nukem survives.

TF2 Sniper survives.

Gheb trips and falls on the hard ground, and dies due to internal bleeding.

The Gentlepanda survives.

Surgery Miyamoto survives.

Joker The Mighty does not hear Cyndane coming due to wearing Air Pods on. Tetra jumps in and gets shot with an arrow instead.

BCL survives.

P5R FeMC resides in a nearby cave, and is not seen during this attack. Napoleon briefly checks outside and gets shot.

Ultomato survives.

Noipoi survives.

King of Payne dies due to bleeding out, heavily.

Addam trips and falls on the hard ground, and dies due to internal bleeding.

Negative Man survives.

AbareKiller resides in a nearby cave, and is not seen during this attack. Cursed Callie Plushie briefly checks outside and gets shot.

Mr. Moseby survives.

Shruggin' Chuck survives.

Mr. Nobody survives.

Iridium dies due to bleeding out, heavily.

Palla barely survives due to swimming away, while Konkey Dong drowns.

KMDP survives.

NateVO survives.

Chain Chomp survives.

Ghiaccio survives.
I have no words.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Wario Deluxe survives.

Idunn survives.

Duke Nukem survives.

TF2 Sniper survives.

Joker The Mighty does not hear Cyndane coming due to wearing Air Pods on. Tetra jumps in and gets shot with an arrow instead.

BCL survives.

P5R FeMC resides in a nearby cave, and is not seen during this attack. Napoleon briefly checks outside and gets shot.

Ultomato survives.

Noipoi survives.

Negative Man survives.

AbareKiller resides in a nearby cave, and is not seen during this attack. Cursed Callie Plushie briefly checks outside and gets shot.

Mr. Moseby survives.

Mr. Nobody survives.

KMDP survives.

NateVO survives.

Chain Chomp survives.

Ghiaccio survives.
I have no words.
Oof...

I guess even a king falls to Cyn Cyn ’s wrath.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Wario Deluxe survives.

Idunn survives.

Duke Nukem survives.

TF2 Sniper survives.

BCL survives.

Ultomato survives.

Noipoi survives.

Negative Man survives.

Mr. Moseby survives.

Mr. Nobody survives.

KMDP survives.

NateVO survives.

Chain Chomp survives.

Ghiaccio survives.
I have no words.
Addam you dumbass, pay attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom