• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish I understood Youtube/Twitch streamer culture. I can tell it's the easiest entertainment form to mass produce for ad revenue, but I... like... don't get it.

Do I just play a game and talk? Do I make a script to follow? Is it engagement with fans that gets them coming back or do they just genuinely enjoy your antics? I've never really enjoyed the format so I have no idea how to reproduce it. I hate the idea of me becoming "a personality" or "an influencer".

I just want to make scripted videos and release them when I can but you can't maintain a channel without producing new **** like every ****ing day.

D

Deleted member

It's incredibly easy to mod. All you need is ~$30 to buy a flashcart and you can mod/homebrew/hack away. There are other methods, but they're more difficult to carry out. Just a note that I'm not providing any links to hacking methods or advocating for homebrewing or modding your 3DS.

In terms of mods I'm applying, I'll be applying 2:
  1. The Good Guy Garon mod, which overhauls the story of Conquest to make it actually good, and
  2. The Same-Sex Marriage Patch, which expands support options as a whole, predominately adding same sex supports for both male and female characters
For Birthright to make it interesting I'm thinking of doing a PMU (Pick My Units). What would you guys think of that?
Fire Emblem Fates with a competently told story?

D

Deleted member

lmao no it wasn't
Super late reply on my part. But from what I understand, the implication that was probably seen is that gothfluttershy is into bestiality.
uh oh @Shishœ do we need to call up a meeting for the "People who dislike the idea of being attracted to dogs" squad?
So from what I'm gathering from this post, you're openly admitting you despite gfs or what? Not that I know much gothfluttershy, but depending on the context and considering how gfs is usually regarded, I can see how Pakky would think that Shish is being aggressive. I'm sure she wouldn't want me to announce to everyone what she's into. I know I sure wouldn't either. Just seems like throwing stones in a glass house to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I wish I understood Youtube/Twitch streamer culture. I can tell it's the easiest entertainment form to mass produce for ad revenue, but I... like... don't get it.

Do I just play a game and talk? Do I make a script to follow? Is it engagement with fans that gets them coming back or do they just genuinely enjoy your antics? I've never really enjoyed the format so I have no idea how to reproduce it. I hate the idea of me becoming "a personality" or "an influencer".

I just want to make scripted videos and release them when I can but you can't maintain a channel without producing new **** like every ****ing day.
pssh, y'all would tune in every day to watch Panda Plays a Video Game for 20 Minutes and you know it

Roberk

Smash Champion
Nah, cause it’s not “his own full game”, it’s Mario and Luigi featuring Bowser from the Koopa May Cry series
Real talk, we should have a city management game where you play as Bowser managing the Koopa Kingdom, building and improving the kingdom to better deal with the Mario Bros. Boom, a new genre for Nintendo and a game for Bowser.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright folks it’s Adult Swim time in this thread. Only people my age and older can swim in this thread.

Everyone can still talk though
Wait so are we talking about Adult Swim or are we just kicking the kids out of the pool to be ****s?

Because I'm down for either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Or making something absolutely memeworthy off the bat or something

History of Japan forced Bill Wurtz down everyone’s respective throats

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This thread constantly makes me question why I even made a Smashboards account in the first place, nonetheless posting here.

But here I am.
I made one because I was going through the tumultuous and friendless years of my fourteen-year-old anxieties, lusts, hatreds, and guilts.
I crave social validation.
The years when the like button was introduced was the worst, haha. It was epic farming for the 1:1 like:post ratio, especially as I'd posted so much before it was in. Then the general rules were re-enforced on the social threads.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I guess it is just the sorta "internet persona" that these Youtubers have that keep them popular. The reason I watch certain lets players (Failboat mostly) is because of their sense of humor and personality. (Although he could probably be like, a bit more calm sometimes.)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Or making something absolutely memeworthy off the bat or something

History of Japan forced Bill Wurtz down everyone’s respective throats
I don't know what either of those things are.

Why am I even on Youtube. :laugh:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait so are we talking about Adult Swim or are we just kicking the kids out of the pool to be ****s?

Because I'm down for either.
The latter. We can also put Adult Swim on in the pool if you’d like

It’s the Pool Episode filler of the Ultimate Social anime so we can do what we want it won’t be canon anyways

D

Deleted member

The Smash Community as a whole might be one of the worst things I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member

Summoning Salt is probably my favorite YouTuber, second only to ProJared, who would be first if he made more videos. But he's going through tough times right now, so I don't want to hold it against him too hard.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I don't know what either of those things are.

Why am I even on Youtube. :laugh:
Enlighten yourself, make sure to also check out his "history of the entire world, i guess" as that one is also great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This guy walks up to your girl and slaps her on the ***.

What would you do?
slap his ass, call him silly, slap my own ass, call be billy, i be clappin cheeks, cheeks be my own, too bad veronica never picks up her phone

D

Deleted member

I ifnd way too many youtubers super homogenous in this day and age. Matthewmatosis is pretty good Imo though, check him out.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
YouTube can be a very bad place, be careful.
I mean as a creator. I have my parody series and idea for other videos in the future, but all of them require significant time and resources. They're all scripted with multiple actors and animation.

Like, I should just plug in my camera, get a green screen and start playing my videogames publicly to develop a "personality" for people to follow but that does not sound fun to me. My videogames are my me-time. I don't want to feel the pressure of entertaining someone else while doing something I like to relax to.

But then I see reaction videos with 200,000 views in a week and just think "what the ****".

D

Deleted member

Summoning Salt is probably my favorite YouTuber, second only to ProJared, who would be first if he made more videos. But he's going through tough times right now, so I don't want to hold it against him too hard.
Isn't Summoning Salt also the same person who made that "History of Super Mario Bros.'s World 1-1" speedrunning video that is in my recommendations at least every damn month?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It can be a bit of both. If you want to go off the cuff, a lot of people like that. But many people also appreciate someone who has knowledge of what they are playing, so that they can get help in the game or things like that.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean as a creator. I have my parody series and idea for other videos in the future, but all of them require significant time and resources. They're all scripted with multiple actors and animation.

Like, I should just plug in my camera, get a green screen and start playing my videogames publicly to develop a "personality" for people to follow but that does not sound fun to me. My videogames are my me-time. I don't want to feel the pressure of entertaining someone else while doing something I like to relax to.

But then I see reaction videos with 200,000 views in a week and just think "what the ****".
step 1: react to nintendo direct
step 2: make this face all the way through whenever they reveal literally anything, even if we already know about it

1553644964226.png

you are now a successful youtuber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom