• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You guys ever just listen to a game's soundtrack and realize just how ****ing incredible it is?

That's me right now with Galaxy and Galaxy 2.
And Goddamn, Galaxy was almost 12 years ago... Galaxy 2 is gonna turn 9 years old in only 10 days...

Man, I'm only 18, but this is making me feel old right now.

Last edited:

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
You guys ever just listen to a game's soundtrack and realize just how ****ing incredible it is?

I have the Dark Souls OST records as well as a Bloodborne OST cassette tape (albeit a bootleg) and it's incredible how moving the music is when you're not hyper-focusing on staying alive.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bottom line, Sonic’s movie should’ve been animated...
That, I can agree on. Jim Carrey could have even still been Eggman.

Although, to be honest. When I think of an animated Sonic movie, I just think “what’s the point”. Like why even make it if your just going to see the exact same versions of the characters and story that feature in the game.

Idunno about you but hair tentacle tree sex probably isn’t necessary on actual creatures
Everything in that environment has it though. It’s just a standard organ on that planet.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Everything in that environment has it though. It’s just a standard organ on that planet.
Probably shouldn’t have said anything about realism or “actual creatures then”

That style of Mario and co. is fine- not everything has to be incredibly realistic especially if it is of a stubby plumber versus a fire breathing turtle

Think every style has its place personally

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably shouldn’t have said anything about realism or “actual creatures then”

That style of Mario and co. is fine- not everything has to be incredibly realistic especially if it is of a stubby plumber versus a fire breathing turtle

Think every style has its place personally
Or corse. Because it’s a cartoon environment with cartoon designs. But you can’t just transplant that into the real world and have it make sense without changing things.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or corse. Because it’s a cartoon environment with cartoon designs. But you can’t just transplant that into the real world and have it make sense without changing things.
Detective Pikachu did it just fine. Making needless anatomical changes to a cartoon character in a live action environment is how we get the Sonic movie design.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

That's how I pretty much feel about the soundtrack in Xenoblade 2, despite not owning the console for it yet.

Months ago, a friend showed me a few of his favorite tracks on Discord. They were all well composed imo.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The Sonic design that we know is way less jarring than the movie one in a live action setting.

Movie Sonic looks like a small man in a hedgehog suit.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Sonic design that we know is way less jarring than the movie one in a live action setting.

Movie Sonic looks like a small man in a hedgehog suit.
According to s news article I read somewhere, I believe they are revising Sonic‘s Movie design.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll be saying it forever more: Tropical Freeze's OST is utterly godlike

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
According to s news article I read somewhere, I believe they are revising Sonic‘s Movie design.
That's basically common knowledge at this point.

But that still doesn't change the fact that we now have this monstrosity ingrained in our memory
gang.png

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How do you feel about detective pikachu
Detective Pikachu did it just fine. Making needless anatomical changes to a cartoon character in a live action environment is how we get the Sonic movie design.
I actually don’t like how Detective Pikachu did it. I never did. It looks weird because you’ve got these weird Chibi anime designs along side normal looking humans. That’s not how real animals would look in a realistic setting. It’s just jarring

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I actually don’t like how Detective Pikachu did it. I never did. It looks weird because you’ve got these weird Chibi anime designs along side normal looking humans. That’s not how real animals would look in a realistic setting. It’s just jarring
In your words from the other day, “That’s a you problem”

Think most people are in disagreement with you here on or off the forums

D

Deleted member

Movie Sonic honestly looks like a bad fur suit.

It just looks really gross in general TBH.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Hey, leave her alone. She might have unpopular, but she is entitled to them, whether you agree or not.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So how would you have done Detective Pikachu in terms of art style?

I'm asking because I wanna get a better understanding of where you're coming from.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Can confirm, am in disagreement.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Anyway,
Woke up and felt an anxiety attack and twitched a lot (kinda like the jerk you get sometimes when nearly falling asleep but waking up suddenly) and hit myself a few times as a result : )

Hey, leave her alone. She might have unpopular, but she is entitled to them, whether you agree or not.
I literally never said she couldn’t believe that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway,
Woke up and felt an anxiety attack and twitched a lot (kinda like the jerk you get sometimes when nearly falling asleep but waking up suddenly) and hit myself a few times as a result : )

I literally never said she couldn’t believe that.
Well, still, ease up on her when disagreeing with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom