• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
my flight gets in at around 9 am, and i kind of just need to wait until crismas and crew get to their hotel room

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Basically we have some dudes living in the campus apartment place called "Courtyards"
They tend to get bored of Smash rather quickly by my standards haha

Then we have Winston and I who live in a house with some housemates, we have a comfy couch
Winston is usually living there but isn't planning on it for the week you'll be there, but can be living there if the Courtyards guys can't let you stay for whatever reason
Sorry man, but when you live in an apartment where 90% of the time somebody is playing smash, it's hard to play much more of it. Although it's been a while now, tons of SSF4 and MvC3 being played over here.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well, for me I get back from a tournament and just practice more tech skill, so ... xD
Not saying that everyone should be more like me at all, just saying that ... I never get bored of Smash <_<

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
Yeah, I'm here right now and I barely got a few games of smash in and I still want to smash but nobody wants to. It's a bit dead now. Not legit T_T

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Go smash with Winston ...

@SleepyK
No!!!
When are NJ dudes supposed to show up

Winston says he can be at our house
So come to our house, it's like 5 minutes walking from the Greenbelt Metro station

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I just played for a bit with Johnny. Either he got better or I'm still rusty, but I don't feel rusty anymore. Which is good :D

I have to go home early tomorrow, so starting Wednesday or something I should be able to come over.

edit: for the record, I don't think smash is going to pick up in the courtyards room for a long time seeing that sf4ae is taking over.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
anyone free to play tomorrow afternoon like 4-10ish? can be in frederick if u want to travel or i can come down somewhere!!!!

SleepyK

alright, i guess i'll figure out a way over there.

uhh the NJ guys are gonna be there at 9 pm ish

Wife

Smash Lord
I really tried to read the last few pages, but couldn't make sense of it. Husband and I are free tomorrow, Saturday night. Maybe about 6. Who can play?

Please?

We can easily drive, but my apartment is large and empty. We can host.

I promise we're still pretty good.

Please post or even better text me 410-707-2367.

:phone:

:phone:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Chris, Sypher is having a tourney tomorrow so that's where most people will be at I'm guessing. Also, tonight is a fest for anyone else interested. Idk if I'll be there tonight, but I should be there tomorrow for some.

SleepyK

thanks a ton, winston and wenbo. i'll never be used to the higher skill level in the northeast

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, if you say so xD
Thanks for playing with us, was a lot of fun and really helpful

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
(Double post, but who in the world cares?)

So... the only smasher at CP who's below our year is Johnny, right?

Does that mean CP smash will just be over once we graduate? >_>

I wonder why there were so many of us in the same year...

CTL17

Smash Lord

According to David, his cousin and his friends in Chestertown 4 (where we used to live) are getting better. Whether or not they're interested in the competitive scene is unknown. I have some friends in GSO and HvZ that are good at smash... but it's Bawrl.

Edit: My definition of "good" is that they wouldn't get 3-stocked by me in Bawrl, if I ever felt crazy enough to try. It's a very lenient definition.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium

Coincidence I think? I wouldn't have gotten into it if it wasn't for Greg, and technically I should be a year below you guys.

I'm actually a little depressed that smash is dead in Courtyards now. And Johnny is going to have to spearhead the CP smash scene once we're gone <_<

According to David, his cousin and his friends in Chestertown 4 (where we used to live) are getting better. Whether or not they're interested in the competitive scene is unknown.
I'm 95% sure Hauhau isn't interested in the scene since he's super casual about it and according to himself he's somewhere in the middle of the skill level of ctown4. They play a lot of smash partially because they just play a lot of video games. Going off of this, I'd say about 20%~30% of them would be somewhat interested in the scene (making that at most...3 people?). Also, the guy who came in with melee is still the best in ctown4 (forgot his name). Greg still ***** all of them.

I think I'm going to visit them to smash more often next year.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I think you're thinking of Shane. If you are, I **** him too.

Perhaps you should get Bones to go to CP. That'll liven things up. Ha.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I played a little today and for some reason I have difficulty wavedashing with falco now. I think I lost my timing for him because fox suddenly feels a lot easier to do technical stuff with...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
anyone want to play tomorrow? can be in frederick here or i can go somewhere... ideally early afternoon evening like 2-10 shiet??

SleepyK

do any of you guys know anyone who need an apartment in college park?

SleepyK

it's not me.

alright, thanks.

if you hear of anything please let me know as soon as possible!

CTL17

Smash Lord
Wait, are you asking if someone wants an apartment, or if someone can supply an apartment? If it it's the former, I don't know what you're trying to do with it.

SleepyK

it's the former. a friend of mine got trapped in a lease because the management lied about it.
my friend would struggle pretty hard to be able to pay for the apartment ;-;

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm supposed to be commuting next year but I could possibly help your friend out depending on whether my parents are willing to let me live in CP next year. How close is it to the campus and how much would the lease be between two people?

EDIT: Never mind. =.=

SleepyK

ahh, thanks guys.

no chance at all, huh dkuo?

appreciate it regardless!

Top Bottom