• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Voted for the Zelda-->Sheik thing. It worked fine in SSBM since you have 2 characters in 1 and even more, I just can't imagine Zamus having that much posebilities with only the gun/whip. Of course, I could be dammed wrong but that's just my opinion eh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Woudlnt it be strange if the Power suits grows back all of a sudden? O.o
Or is that just me? I voted that Zamus should be a diffrent character from Samus. Does this poll actually has infludance on the game?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
seeing how they said "you'll still be able to play as regular samus" I'm taking it that there's some sort of option over whether she will change or not.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
Diddy Kong said:
Woudlnt it be strange if the Power suits grows back all of a sudden? O.o
Or is that just me?
Exactly. The trailer already established that her suit shatters. How would she get it back?
Character Bio said:
Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit.
They write that Samus will "remove" her suit (including the quotation marks). This leads me to believe that:
a) It is controllable at least to some degree. By their wording (quoted above), Samus is doing the "removing", not something or someone else.
b) They are refering to the suit shattering as seen in the trailer. They probably wouldn't put the word remove in quotation marks if she was literally taking off her suit. If her suit shatters, it is visibly destroyed and there is no reason she should be able to simply put it back on.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys referring to the quote where Masahiro Sakurai says "This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!" ? If you are ....

See where he contradicts himself.. "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too."

This is highly ambiguous, it's hard to really tell if he's explaining that Samus not being a pure character addition means that she isn't a totally new character because she's just a different form of Samus that wasn't in the previous games or if he means that Zamus will be attached to Samus such as Sheik/Zelda. So I'm not with you guys on the "confirmed" part. Unless you guys get me something else to read that totally disproves the opening I just made.... It's really hard to tell IMO what exactly he means by that.

Oh and once again if you're referring to the trailer...that suit shattering could be just for dramatic effect to introduce Zero Suit Samus...but then again who knows, I'm not drawing any conclusions I'm just considering options.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Maybe the "not a pure character addition" means that its the same person as an already playable character, or maybe a semi clone. Its hard to exstablish that this means they wont be seperate characters.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
TranquilStarfall said:
Are you guys referring to the quote where Masahiro Sakurai says "This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!" ? If you are ....

See where he contradicts himself.. "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too."

This is highly ambiguous, it's hard to really tell if he's explaining that Samus not being a pure character addition means that she isn't a totally new character because she's just a different form of Samus that wasn't in the previous games or if he means that Zamus will be attached to Samus such as Sheik/Zelda. So I'm not with you guys on the "confirmed" part. Unless you guys get me something else to read that totally disproves the opening I just made.... It's really hard to tell IMO what exactly he means by that.
I don't see what you're saying. To me "This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!" is not contradicted by "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.".

I understand 'not pure' as meaning that this character is not playable as a independent character (at least not normally). And the second part seems to have been written to affirm that the original (suited version) of Samus is still in the game as well, in case people read the bio and assumed that Zamus was the only form of Samus in SSBB.

Again, I don't see any contradiction there. If anything the second quote further explains the first quote.
TranquilStarfall said:
Oh and once again if you're referring to the trailer...that suit shattering could be just for dramatic effect to introduce Zero Suit Samus...but then again who knows, I'm not drawing any conclusions I'm just considering options.
Yes, that is possible, but it wouldn't explain why they put quotation marks around remove in "Samus will 'remove' her Power Suit."

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
That's sort of what I mean.."asianpride". Alot of people are misinterpreting it for something else. If the case was that Zamus was another Zelda/Sheik why didn't he just come out and say "Zamus will be infused with Samus like how Zelda/Sheik works". The fact that he doesn't say it like that makes me think theres alot more to it.

And as far as I see it; 60%(Zelda/Sheik type) and 40%(Seperate characters) in my opinion.

I'd rather it be seperate, but I guess that's because I'm a dedicated Samus player but once again who knows. And by the time the game launches this quote will be months(if not a year) old and Nintendo has been known to change certain things in games if people didn't like it. (example: Metroid Prime Hunters being wi-fi) So we'll just have to wait.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
TranquilStarfall said:
That's sort of what I mean.."asianpride". Alot of people who failed English are misinterpreting it for something else. If the case was that Zamus was another Zelda/Sheik why didn't he just come out and say "Zamus will be infused with Samus like how Zelda/Sheik works". The fact that he doesn't say it like that makes me think theres alot more to it.
Ok, I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying. I would have to agree with you that it would be hard to twist around the text to mean that there is a Zelda/Sheik-like transformation.

EDIT:
TranquilStarfall said:
And as far as I see it; 60%(Zelda/Sheik type) and 40%(Seperate characters) in my opinion.

I'd rather it be seperate, but I guess that's because I'm a dedicated Samus player but once again who knows. And by the time the game launches this quote will be months(if not a year) old and Nintendo has been known to change certain things in games if people didn't like it. (example: Metroid Prime Hunters being wi-fi) So we'll just have to wait.
Now when you say "Zelda/Sheik Type" are you talking about an activated transformation move or an uncontrollable transformation 'effect' or both? Because when I read Zelda/Sheik I think of an actual move.

The jive I'm getting from all of the data so far is that the transformation will be uncontrollable or situational and turning into Zamus will be more of a consequence than a choice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
None of them fit mine, but this is my idea for Zamus. In order to get her icon to appear, you need to use the Super Smash move ONCE with Samus. Plain, simple, and works. But that's my idea. It'd appear right next to Samus to denote that they're the same person.(much like how Mario and Dr. Mario are the same person, but different characters)

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of Samus/Zamus being a Zelda/Shiek type character. I had been hoping that Sakurai's comments about not every character coming back meant that they would just get rid of multiple versions of the same character (Y. Link, Dr. Mario) but this would be contradicted by the multiple Samuses (Sami?)

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
Energismus said:
Ok, I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying. I would have to agree with you that it would be hard to twist around the text to mean that there is a Zelda/Sheik-like transformation.

EDIT:

Now when you say "Zelda/Sheik Type" are you talking about an activated transformation move or an uncontrollable transformation 'effect' or both? Because when I read Zelda/Sheik I think of an actual move.

The jive I'm getting from all of the data so far is that the transformation will be uncontrollable or situational and turning into Zamus will be more of a consequence than a choice.

I really don't know...It can be situational/forceful. The way I see it, I pool all of the transformation possibilities in the Zelda/Sheik category :laugh:

On a slightly different note, I'd really hate for the transformation to be situational(damage>100 = Zamus, or Hyper Beam = Zamus) I think that would just plain suck I mean I'd be alot more happy if it was a transformation move but that can't make sense cuz Samus would have to lose one of her moves to the transformation move..so I rule that out instantly because Bombs..Missile..Charge shot..Screw attack are all necessary for Samus to be "Samus"

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
It'll most likely be something random that we would never have thought of. Maybe everytime you die she switches. Or maybe if you get hit by a Super Smash attack you lose the suit. Maybe you lose it progressively throughout the fight.

Energismus

Smash Rookie
I dunno, I just find it kind of absurd that Samus would choose to take off her suit and duke it out with a little whip-gun. That'd be like a medieval knight in fancy armor with a giant sword taking it all off to run around the battlefield with a little dagger. Of course I'm not saying that they couldn't balance Samus and Zamus to be equal in effectiveness, I'm just saying that it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

The impression I get is that Samus losing her armor and fighting as Zero-Suit Samus is like a soldier expending all of his machine gun ammo and grenades thus being forced to engage the enemy with a handgun and combat knife. Like a last-ditch effort kind of a thing.

airball

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find out why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr
Well, I want to have Samus capable of changing to Zamus at will. However, I find it more likely that Zamus will be a separate playable character because the video had her down as a "newcomer". I know it doesn't guarantee anything, but since we're speculating, that's my opinion.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
How could Samus/Zamus be like Shiek/Zhiek... I mean Zelda. It would have to be one way. Her suit doesn't quite piece together like Gizmo Duck.

And besides, that may require the removal of one of Samus' special attacks. So are you saying you'd rather have Samus transform at will, than to keep her current specials? Wouldn't it be great if Samus' Down-B were replaced, so it would work just like Zelda? *evil laughter :chuckle:*

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Yota said:
How could Samus/Zamus be like Shiek/Zhiek... I mean Zelda. It would have to be one way. Her suit doesn't quite piece together like Gizmo Duck.

And besides, that may require the removal of one of Samus' special attacks. So are you saying you'd rather have Samus transform at will, than to keep her current specials? Wouldn't it be great if Samus' Down-B were replaced, so it would work just like Zelda? *evil laughter :chuckle:*
Yes. *evil laughter :chuckle:*

Anyway, if it were like Zhiek her armor could appear out of nowhere, just like how Zhiek's clothes do. Or the armor can fall on the floor and just float back on Zamus.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
nomis said:
Yes. *evil laughter :chuckle:*

Anyway, if it were like Zhiek her armor could appear out of nowhere, just like how Zhiek's clothes do. Or the armor can fall on the floor and just float back on Zamus.

But you'd still be giving up an attack. Theres no way they are gonna be stupid and have the transformation replace another special. That's just lame.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
TranquilStarfall said:
I'm confident they won't do anything drastic like that but yah it's a possibility they will take out a jump.
You... you don't really know what you're talking about, do you?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
He means take away one of the jump buttons, in response to Android's idea that the Y or X button could be used to transform Samus into Zamus without sacrificing any of Samus' current moves.

Duh.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
If they do decide to make an X or Y button into a transform button, I certainly hope that you can map it. Actually, it'd be great if you can map all of the buttons to your delight, so you can make L transform and keep X and Y jump, or you can switch A and B around, or whatever. I don't see why you wouldn't - most FPS games have it (like Boxer mode in Halo 2, for example).

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
McFox said:
He means take away one of the jump buttons, in response to Android's idea that the Y or X button could be used to transform Samus into Zamus without sacrificing any of Samus' current moves.

Duh.
That would be bad for me.

From what I understand, most people use X for jump... and I use Y.

That would be bad for me.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I agree with frenchfri, maybe down on the dpad or some other unused direction.

And they should also have bnefore transformation Samus like with shiek should someone play purely zamus.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
I suppose the D-pad would work. Though I was hoping for more taunts per character. :p It still would have to be one-way. Unless Nintendo decides to add a new feature to that suit.

Someone said she should be able to get her suit from nowhere, because Shiek gets her clothing from nowhere. Zelda uses magic, which is quite obvious. She could manipulate things like that.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
D-Pad would be sick for transformations, especially if it became a large part of the game. Down D-Pad for Zamus, Up D-Pad for Samus. UpD for Young Link, RiD for Deku Y Link, DoD for Goron Y Link, LeD for Zora Y Link, etc. Sick :p

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
Don't know if anyone has said this but I don't think that charge shot in the trailer was actuallu the super move. Notice when Mario, Kirby, and Link do their supers, they glow orange red? That doesn't happen to Samus. This leads me to believe that the giant charge beam wasn't the super move, but instead purely cinematic.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
this is what i think that no matter what nintendo decides about samus, that people will buy the game regardless. you cant complain about one small thing, and then not buy it. and i highly doubt nintendo will mess up this one, it wont be another SSBM but be a new game that lives up to the hype, a game that still stays true to the core idea to smash brothers- fun, easy to pick up, hard to master, and great mutliplayer. hopefully good one player too. i dont know about everyone else but i plan to be one of the first to play it by sleeping in my car in the parking lot of the store and of course reserving it.

Dustin never stops

Smash Rookie
D-pad for transformations would be cool, but its definitely not happening. Sakurai says "certain conditions", so I doubt he meant a button press. That huge blast wasn't a super from the item because she wasn't glowing,, personally I think it was just samus's new power move. I think all characters will have power moves, and when samus uses hers she transforms.

no clue how to regulate when you could do it though....

Top Bottom