• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Under Construction (FAQ + Q&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
According to the frame data, we can grab release cg falco to the edge of the stage, and if we are right on the edge, Snake can grab release to fair spike on Falco. According to the frame data this is inescapable provided that it takes less then 2 frames to walk off the stage and start the fair.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Hey guys, how long do you all cook your nades? I know Snakes must have different timings on their cookings so I want to know how long you guys cook yours and what the best usual time to cook them is? Like 1.5 secs or 2 secs or what? I want to get some nade cooking discussion going on, because I feel that it's an important part of Snakes metagame.

gogogogo

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yes nades is the most important part of Snake's metagame. As for how to use them, most of the fun comes from figuring that out yourself, there are thousands of ways to use nades, so there is no clear cut "best" way to cook them. Of course if your just throwing nades at ppl and they just fly by w/o blowing up, you need to cook/lob more. And if theyre blowing you up most of the time, you need to get rid of them earlier.

I suggest watching vids of some top Snakes (Ally, Razer, Fatal, Bizkit, Infern, Candy, etc.) and esp the Hawaiian Snakes, and take what you like and make it your own.

According to the frame data, we can grab release cg falco to the edge of the stage, and if we are right on the edge, Snake can grab release to fair spike on Falco. According to the frame data this is inescapable provided that it takes less then 2 frames to walk off the stage and start the fair.
has anyone ever done this?? this would really start to make falco's see how lame cg to spike is. if the falco is at high percents(130) i've grab realesed chained to the edge d throw and then jabbed for a kill. I really want to land a grab release spike on a falco.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
hey guys how do u deal with MK's that like to cancel out ur nades with grounded up B? It's pretty annoying >_<

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
It's not all that safe, remember hes going to be in the air for a bit, if you are close enough you can uair. If medium range you can dash attack/dacus, if further away you can toss another nade at him.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
It's not all that safe, remember hes going to be in the air for a bit, if you are close enough you can uair. If medium range you can dash attack/dacus, if further away you can toss another nade at him.
Hmm, Ill test it out with a friend to see if I can punish it this way. Sounds like it can work, but my reaction has to be perfect... guess ill have to condition myself to dash attack or dacus everytime a MK Up B cancels my nades.

NNID
Budget_Player
How do I deal with arrow-spamming pits? Approaching is a nightmare, seeing as arrows beat crawl and mortar slide. I can't chuck nades at him while under such constant and fast pressure, and more often than not I end up taking around 30-40 damage on stages like FD when I try to approach him. Powershielding is ****ing hard seeing as this is wifi.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
How do I deal with arrow-spamming pits? Approaching is a nightmare, seeing as arrows beat crawl and mortar slide. I can't chuck nades at him while under such constant and fast pressure, and more often than not I end up taking around 30-40 damage on stages like FD when I try to approach him. Powershielding is ****ing hard seeing as this is wifi.
Wifi shouldn't be discussed too much, a lot is harder to punish on WIFI =l

It'd say oyur best friend would be jumping airdodge lol.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I would like a list of moves that Snake can U tilt Oos.

Is there already a list of that? If not that needs to be done pronto. It can really help us get the kill when the opponent is @ kill percent.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
that is all based on spacing, its hard to make a list because they can wiff it on purpose to bait that utilt then punish. I think its better just to gain matchup experience to have a good idea on how much lag and range their attacks have.

Can the first hit of Snake's nair cancel out a fully charged Aura Sphere?

Has anyone tested the grab release spike falco yet?

Is snake really #2? Sure he is good but he goes 6-4 or 55-45 with so many of the with almost the entire cast and he slightly loses slightly to half the top characters. Characters like marth and wario have almost no bad MUs besides MK and are placed more down than snake. He really just doesn't beat the crap out of characters a lot lower than him or have I missed the point completely and the reason he is #2 is because he goes even with MK. I have more to say on this matter but don't feel like writing anymore. Feel free to call me an idiot.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake is #2 in placings, whether or not he IS #2 or anyone is #2 in any game is all a matter of opinion

and your MU vs meta knight is more important than anything really, marth shouldn't win **** as long as MK is legal.

snake is #2 in placings, whether or not he IS #2 or anyone is #2 in any game is all a matter of opinion

and your MU vs meta knight is more important than anything really, marth shouldn't win **** as long as MK is legal.
Is the MK vs Marth MU really that bad??

I'm pretty sure Snake wins more tourneys then Marth or Wario, if that answers your question.
Yes but tournament placing don't solidify your tier placement. Pit is behind a lot of worse characters on the CR list but is pretty high on the tier list. Lucas is a much better character than ganondorf but ganon has more tournament placement because he is a more popular character.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Is it just me or can snake really punish a MK running into you (or anyone with that matter) with an F tilt? I just now noticed that if you time it correctly you can hit MK with an F tilt (kinda like marth's tipper fair) and if at the correct spacing stay safe from counter attacks lol.... wow so is this true or am I just horrible @ the obvious?

Underload

Lazy
Lots of utilt. Utilt's really good. Compensate by going for vertical kills with uair.

Watch for floating aerial chains. Dair pokes like a *****. Random fairs tend to land too often, so maybe predict those and learn to PS them.

Just flex your muscles and camp like crazy. Peach really can't do much against a good wall of asplosions.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Nair is a good move against floating peach, whenever they land, they'll jab you since it comes out too fast so don't bother punishing, just roll away. Also random BAIRS when she floats works too.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Anyone have any advice on what to do when a MK rushes you? Like what are your options?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Anyone have any advice on what to do when a MK rushes you? Like what are your options?
If you are in nade stance, walk forward or backwards and grenade grab. if not, pivot grab!

But idk why MK would ever rush snake, its much safer for him to attack from the air.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh so I noticed that the habit to turn around and "grenade counter" while facing away has diminished for some odd reason. Walking while priming a grenade always seems really ineffective for spacing and more limited, but facing your back towards the opponent at the same time increases the chances of the grenade exploding (very useful against tornado). My question I guess is: how do I incorporate more of this?

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Ive been to a few tournaments and if i have to counterpick i usually go to Frigate Orpheon.

Is that a good idea or are there better stages for snakes counter picks.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Any advice on the Snake vs. Peach matchup?
i find crouching really useful here. it means she has to float lower to hit you, which means you can shield grab all her non-landing aerials.

Oh so I noticed that the habit to turn around and "grenade counter" while facing away has diminished for some odd reason. Walking while priming a grenade always seems really ineffective for spacing and more limited, but facing your back towards the opponent at the same time increases the chances of the grenade exploding (very useful against tornado). My question I guess is: how do I incorporate more of this?
i use this against mk a lot. any of my vids (attila) will show you how i incorporate it.

I have a question. Ive been to a few tournaments and if i have to counterpick i usually go to Frigate Orpheon.

Is that a good idea or are there better stages for snakes counter picks.
lylat is good, halberd is pretty popular, and i personally like delphino against most characters. other than that, neutrals tend to work well for us.

Smity

Smash Rookie
Is there a secret to C4 recovering under Smashville, or is it more of holding down and spamming B as hard as you can?

I seem to have more success when I change directions with the C4.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
How do you DI to get out of Tornado?
with snake, you dont really. i can do it consistently with falco/ics, by sdi-ing towards the centre and spamming airdodge. doesnt work with snake though. you get out sometimes, but ive never seen a snake do it consistently.

Is there a secret to C4 recovering under Smashville, or is it more of holding down and spamming B as hard as you can?

I seem to have more success when I change directions with the C4.
drop the c4 just before you hit the stage. this means you drop it with upward momentum, allowing you to use the c4 for recovery.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
with snake, you dont really. i can do it consistently with falco/ics, by sdi-ing towards the centre and spamming airdodge. doesnt work with snake though. you get out sometimes, but ive never seen a snake do it consistently.

drop the c4 just before you hit the stage. this means you drop it with upward momentum, allowing you to use the c4 for recovery.
Well About DI'ing the tornado, it's true that it's difficult to consistently do it, but I'd like to try my hand at it and see how consistently I can do it. If there was a good way to get out of the tornado after you get caught, it would make things that much easier. (Stating the obvious)

borommakot77

Smash Rookie
Ok, so i'm a budding snake player with a question. I've been watching a lot of ally videos lately and he quite frequently does a reverse utilt (i'm not sure if it's oos or not) and was wondering how to do it? can't seem to get it right in practice and it seems really useful. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom