• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unidentified Subspace Enemy

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I searched vigorously for this and couldnt find anything.
In the SSE, somewhere in the halberd iirc, there is a simple room that contains various Subspace enemies all captive in containers. Nothing of interest exits in this room, EXCEPT one of the enemies in the glass containers seems to be absent from the actual game.
This creature occupies the bottom right most container, and looks like a ghostly blueberry suspended in the air via spider-web-like things on top and bottom of its body.
I have yet to see this enemy anywhere else in the subspace.
Anyone have an explanation?
A theory?

Slike

Smash Cadet
Incase you didn't know, he's talking about this.

Sort of. It's called Mizzo, and apperantly there's a trophy for it, as stated in today's dojo update on all the trophies. I think it should be the plot of SSB4's 1 player if SSB4 is ever made. (But I also think Munchlax should replace jigs, so maybe my theories are insane.)

I noticed this thing, and widened my eyes when I went through that level again to make a joke that I called 'solid kirby' and it is mysterious. Not even the trophy description tells you enough about it.

Edit: Trophy description from smashwiki.

Trophy description
"Within the battleship Halberd, there's a display room where a number of enemies are on display. On the way there, a number of different enemies obstruct your path, but one enemy appears only in this display room. That enemy is Mizzo. With a round body sprouting arms and legs, its appearance and swimming motions make for an extremely bizarre being."
Sakurai, that better be the plot for the next game. It's too awesome to ignore.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
It's probably the creepiest of all the SSE enemies...
How do you get the trophy?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I have the trophy, but I have no idea how I got it.

Must be one of the random ones. Try coin launcher, I guess.

Slike

Smash Cadet
Well, you can't trophy stand him, seeing the trophies you can catch on subspace emissary have black dots on the update, and mizzo doesn't have one.

Okay, I just checked the full secret element list, and mizzo isn't on it. I would just say you get him like most trophies. Trophy launcher, subspace emissary boxes, the like. I have a feeling he could be in a specific orange box in SSE, but he would be on the secret element list like hocotate ship... Okay, I think it's safe to say getting Mizzo is random. Sorry.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mizzo is one of a few Subspace Emissary trophies than can be earned through the Coin Launcher. Another one is the trophy of Wario's machine.

NukeA6

Smash Master
It must be a scrapped enemy. That's the only good explanation at this time. Maybe it was for the part where Metaknight's ship was stolen.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Oh, another one of these topics...

antimatter, no you can't. Explain to me how you would get a trophy stand in that room to begin with.

But anyway, I'm not sure exactly why they included Mizzo. They could have just as easily put another enemy in that tank and done away with the trophy, for all the information it gave. Very odd.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
They could have just as easily put another enemy in that tank and done away with the trophy, for all the information it gave. Very odd.
That would be so much less interesting though.

It seems logical to think he's just a scrapped enemy, but on the flip side, it's not so logical to scrap one enemy.

If I were to make an honest guess, I would say Sakurai threw Mizzo in to provoke conversation. And, well...

Consider conversation provoked.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I forget, but wasn't it an inside joke?
Isn't there some other game where there's such a display room that also contains an enemy only found there?

Xashlei

Smash Rookie
I got mine through the Coin Launcher. Well, actually, my sister was the one doing it. I never really did look at the specimens in that room... got too carefree I guess.

Tables

Smash Cadet
Isn't there some other game where there's such a display room that also contains an enemy only found there?
Now that you mention it, that does sound like something that would happen in Paper Mario 2. I forgot that game completely though, so I'm just rambling.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I know Eternal Darkness had a place similar to that. There were some monsters there that you never see anywhere in the game (though they're frozen).

There was some SNES game with a hallway like that. I forgot what it was but it had no mysterious enemies or anything like that.

Top Bottom