• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Who was responsible for securing Welch as a venue? I'd like to talk to you on AIM/Skype sometime.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
do you guys think it would be a good idea to introduce an amateur bracket this saturday? like one where the top 6 players don't participate in? perhaps it could be round robin if there's not a huge turnout.

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't personally like the idea, since the tournament isn't big enough to warrant an amateur bracket (and I won't get to play!), but I don't see any harm in an amateur bracket. We can definitely have one.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Who was responsible for securing Welch as a venue? I'd like to talk to you on AIM/Skype sometime.
It's pretty easy. Any of the officers can reserve the room. You can AIM me about it if you want.

Yo is the tournament at ut this sat?
We're having a meeting this weekend, and a tournament as well probably. If you're talking about NSIC however, that's like a month from now, haha.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Will the seeding for the tourney be based on the current rankings?
I don't wanna get Kal first round and then promptly get someone like Jose in losers...

Jake13

Smash Lord
Nah tirno I know nsic is a while away.

But I was looking for something to do Saturday and if you can house me n oskeet Friday night I might just come up ;)

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, technically we should seed according to rankings. However, I don't mind doing a manual seed until the rankings stabilize a little.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Mk so I'm coming with three other htown peeps for the sfest/tourney on Saturday. if there's a tourney do you think we could get it over ith by like 8 cuz I gotta get back home pronto n whatnot. Thx guys :)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
thanks man I'll give it a look. Just talked with mi madre..Since I just moved out here I gotta be finding work. But things look good for me being able to drive since this is in a month, it'll give me some time to prepare and save up. The only thing i'd like to ask is for training again..if anyone would like to meet up for a few matches maybe tomorrow or whenever this weekend, i would be more than happy to drive out and meet with you guys.
Arizona has a Noc too, sorry Clay, ur not alone.

Kal

Smash Champion
Finishing by 8:00 should be doable, Jake, but I think you should stay later since we usually all go to Pluckers afterwards. It's pretty fun.

Jake13

Smash Lord
ima stay as late as i can for sure, i just have werk at 6 the next morning, and i like my sleep y'know? lol i always like going out to eat too :/ decisions decisions

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
The interested AZ guys so far are Axe, Tag$, Nicknyte, Nocturnez, Silly Kyle, maybe Taj now that Nocturnez says he can drive.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
The kingwood crew (me, Josh, and Exelcior) is planning to come to the meeting tomorrow! It'll be a full day but I think we'll leave kwood at 11am and leave austin late tmrw night.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
It's a trap!
We doesn't afraid of the trap, but thanks for the warning and hope your fellow conspirators don't punish you too severely for telling us.

@changing the club name: if you want to do it, I believe all you have to do is fill out and return an Information Change Form from the SOC, 4th floor SSB.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lol, we've got a **** load of people coming up from Houston tomorrow, they'll prolly get added to our power rankings so that wouldn't be a problem.

Kal

Smash Champion
Jake, I'd be down for like a $5 or $10 money match probably. The tournament will be free, though, and there will be no venue fee.

Kal

Smash Champion
Jake, Oscar, Velox (your real name is Chris?), Von, and the other Houston guy (the one who would cheer Oscar on during friendlies), thanks for coming. We had a great time and we all benefited a lot from playing you guys. I especially enjoyed playing people who weren't JF, even if you guys did camp it up. <3 It's too bad you couldn't come to Pluckers with us afterwards! Hopefully we'll see you next time. If there's a Houston Melee tournament or smashfest that's not on a Sunday and that doesn't have a venue fee that's double the cost of entering, we'll bring as many Austin players as we can.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Jake, Oscar, Velox (your real name is Chris?), Von, and the other Houston guy (the one who would cheer Oscar on during friendlies), thanks for coming. We had a great time and we all benefited a lot from playing you guys. I especially enjoyed playing people who weren't JF, even if you guys did camp it up. <3 It's too bad you couldn't come to Pluckers with us afterwards! Hopefully we'll see you next time. If there's a Houston Melee tournament or smashfest that's not on a Sunday and that doesn't have a venue fee that's double the cost of entering, we'll bring as many Austin players as we can.
Lol Jf should of showed up. Maybe you could have teamed with him Kal. Yal would of had a good time.

Kal

Smash Champion
I don't like having teammates that sacrifice stocks at 20% by running off to save my Fox at 185% damage.

Top Bottom