• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unleashing the Egg: NEW Controller Setups Video is DONE!!!!!!!!

Rhox

Smash Rookie
I really want to try out Scatz's controller set up now... good Lord, specials with X and jump with B?

Rhox

Smash Rookie
Gotta go deep into darkness before you find light :) Go for it if you're willing to step into darkness >:]
Well... I do love darkness... :devil:

...I mean uh, yeah I'm probably going to try it. Probably gonna suck really badly for a while though.

Airborne

Smash Lord
sorry, i've been plotting the line-up, and i got back on the right track, thanks to having loads of fun in a tournament this past saturday.... the next one isn't going to get very deep at all since it's basically going to try to cover a little of everything.... kind of like the Physics B AP Test covers the main subjects of C Mechanics and C Electricity and Magnetism, but the C tests go more in depth. =P

Metatitan

Smash Master
make a vid on the dragonic techniques; the dragonic reverse, the dragonic reverse waveland and the dragonic egg lay

Airborne

Smash Lord
make a vid on the dragonic techniques; the dragonic reverse, the dragonic reverse waveland and the dragonic egg lay
i am going to make one video about all 10 yoshi-exclusive ATs... that are currently usable =P
Lol everyone forgets DT.
yeah XD.... it's kinda hard for me, but i'll be sure to include it in the video....
wha? ur dealing with the mind of a 14 yr old that has no idea what ur talking about, kinda.
ok it's like..... the old super mario game where you could play as mario, luigi, toad, or peach.... mario was just an all around character, while luigi focused more on his jumps, toad relied on his strength that he somehow had, and peach had her pwnsome float.... basics covers everything, then the other videos get really in-depth...

Airborne

Smash Lord
ok, i need people to list the pros and cons of yoshi so that i can get a detailed list of what to put in the basics video so i can get past all the dumb **** and not procrastinate from everything that is boring....

Metatitan

Smash Master
pros- no1 knows how to fight him
cons- worst shield in the game, no good OoS options, not very good killing power, low priority attacks

those are just the basics

Airborne

Smash Lord
you would think jiggs has the worst shield in the game due to the death stuffs.... o.O b/c yoshi's can't be pierced...
i guess some pros would be that he has several different options to get back on stage from the ledge, but has a very difficult time returning sometimes when off stage.
his pivot grab is one of the most amazing things that yoshi has to offer, and his projectile is excellent when it comes to AoE

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Pros
-crazy good air control
-grab range
-good projectile
-good recovery
-good hyphen smash
-chaingrabs on a good number of characters
-good dash pivot cancel
-good spot dodge
-super armor on his double jump

Cons
-slow shield
-slow rolls
-cannot shield brake
-cannot jump out of shield
-standing/shield grabs are way too slow
-not much range on his aerials
-vulnerable to footstool spikes

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
WOW NICE SIG ELECT!!! seriously! XD

Good thread, will be helpful organizing things, and helping out the people who are saying: Ok, Yoshi has great ATs, they look awsome, I wanna learn em, but how the heck do I do them?!

Pros
____

Has chaingrabs, and infinite chaingrabs.
Is ultra cute, cuddly, and cool (CCC).
Has a shield stronger than others.
The boot PERIOD
Can do a Yoshicide.
Technically has 7 "jumps".
Has the fastest DI speed in the whole roster.
Has disjointed hitboxes.
Does extremely awsome on Lag-fi (but not Wi-fi).

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Nicalobe's "Too cheap to buy a new GC controller" wii-chuck set-up:
Tap jump off
Shake smash off
C = Grab
Z = Shield
D-pad Up = Upsmash
D-pad Left/Right = Jump
D-pad Down = Jump
A = Attack
B = Special
1+2 = Taunts

Pros:
For us cheapskates who don't wanna buy a GC remote, this setup feels a lot like GC remote
Buttons are all relatively close making it easy to press them without holding your hand some weird way(ETS is VERY easy to pull off)
Hands aren't uncomfortably stuck close together for those with bigger hands.

Cons:
No C-stick (No smash DI :crying:)
Gotta double tap jump for DR
Uses batteries (rechargeables ftw)

King Yo Lu De

Smash Rookie
Dang... those types of controlls are an excellent idea!!! Your really good with your video too. :)

-------------------------

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
nice airborne, some odd controls there i think i'll stick to the common one heh
beginning and ending best xp

Airborne

Smash Lord
Dang... those types of controlls are an excellent idea!!! Your really good with your video too. :)

-------------------------
thanks, king. i'm going to start working on the other videos when i graduate from school (14 school days to go! whoo!!!)

nice airborne, some odd controls there i think i'll stick to the common one heh
beginning and ending best xp
thanks! yeah, i'm borderline still with deciding on whether i should just stick with common or switch to the beast setup. =\ o well, i'll worry about that when i actually have time to XD

Metatitan

Smash Master
all depends on how important u feel DR is for yoshi. i dont see it as important at all so i stick to my normal set up, which is standard aside from tap jump off and R as jump

Airborne

Smash Lord
i want to be able to use DR with 100% accuracy instead of the 70-80% i normally do with xxa.... and i want to be able to DT, i think it could possibly come to some use, seeing as that people like stocky still find foxtrotting useful. ehh i just dont know right now. i'll wait until i graduate...

Top Bottom