• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlockables Guide: Stages, Songs, ATs and More

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
So...strangely...overwhelming...
If you have "Very-Hard" skills in Melee,how hard will Intense mode be? Needed to unlock Lucario

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
awesome.
can you unlock sonic by beating classic mode with 10 characters?
does it matter what setting

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
your assist trophies section isn't complete.

No Issac.
Isaac is Robin in the Japanese Version

Every unlockable list I see has one mistake: Port Town. Port Town is NOT unlockable. Check the DOJO, it's a starting stage, so I don't see why so many lists have it as something you have to unlock.
I was thinking the same, but I cant remember since I didnt pay attention until what I was unlocking until later in the game. I put it on there just in case. But could anyone please confirm this.

I HOPE that's not all the Assist Trophies, I REALLY do.

EDIT: Perhaps Assist Trophies are unlocked within Subspace Emissary by picking them up randomly on difficult stages? Someone get back to me on this.
When you unlock all of something the game actually tells you so. So thats how I know the Characters, Stages, ATs, Masterpieces and Stage Builder Parts are complete.

the first one is the "zero two" theme from Kirby 64, the second is the 100-man melee theme from melee
Thanks, ill update the info

Aother thing. Anyone know what you get for beating Crazy Hand. Do you unlock something? You can fight him in classic mode if you get to the last stage without continuing on Difficult or Very Difficult. You actually fight Crazy Hand and Master Hand at once. I did it once but could not finish them off. When I continued I did the stage over but it was just Master Hand.

Also what unlockables in challenge mode give you hammers?

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
someone answer my question.

is the unlock sonic by 'beating 10 classic mode with different char' true?
if so, does it matter what setting?

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
because of the multiple means for unlocking characters and stages, different methods will be easier and/or quicker than others. I'm trying to figure out the most efficient road to unlocking all characters and stages. I have a thread here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142338

I'm really interested in getting some input, especially from those who have already unlocked everything. I'm curious as to how quickly they think this can be completed.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
How come I have sonic but not G&W when I've never played Classic or Subspace?

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
So wait, if you beat Subspace Emissary once you get all the characters? seriously? (ill be so happy if it's that simple)

Because on Gamestop, it says you have to do all these other things and SSE is not listed once as how to unlock a character.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
How long would it take to go through SSE until you get G&W and ROB (I hear this is about 50% through the game), as compared to 160 vs. matches (ROB) and 30 easy target tests (G&W)? Also, which seems to be a quicker method for unlocking Wolf: finding him in SSE (is the Iseki Ruins stage towards the end?), or 450 vs. matches.

keep in mind that vs. matches can be scaled down so that they take practically no time at all. However, I'm weary that this could be quite monotonous, so I want to consider how much time would be saved, if any, by going the repetitive route.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Kashikomarima****a, I have a question: in the Sound Test, does it list who arranged the different tracks? We're trying to compile an accurate list of info regarding the soundtrack rip, and the pieces of information most frequently missing from the track information is its arranger / artist. The DOJO lists some of them as "Arrangement Supervisors."

I know it's a huge favor, but would you mind listing the arrangers / Arrangement Supervisors for the tracks on the Sound Test? I would appreciate it quite a bit. :grin:

Regardless, thanks for the rest of this info!

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
it'd be really nice if we could keep the actual informative threads bumped. There's still too many complaint threads, who didn't make it in threads, and multiple threads all questioning the same things about what will be tourney legal or not.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Kashikomarima****a, I have a question: in the Sound Test, does it list who arranged the different tracks? We're trying to compile an accurate list of info regarding the soundtrack rip, and the pieces of information most frequently missing from the track information is its arranger / artist. The DOJO lists some of them as "Arrangement Supervisors."

I know it's a huge favor, but would you mind listing the arrangers / Arrangement Supervisors for the tracks on the Sound Test? I would appreciate it quite a bit. :grin:

Regardless, thanks for the rest of this info!

Yes it does say who arranged the music. And moreover the Dojo List is not complete. Ive already collected over 200 songs

When I have time Ill get aroud to listing them. The problem is I have difficulty reading the names in Japanese. The Kanji is really difficult.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
this thread is great. If it's not going to get stickied, we should try to keep it above the gratuitous amount of trivial threads. Also, keep this one swimming as to avoid redundant topics from popping up.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yes it does say who arranged the music. And moreover the Dojo List is not complete. Ive already collected over 200 songs

When I have time Ill get aroud to listing them. The problem is I have difficulty reading the names in Japanese. The Kanji is really difficult.
Thanks, I really appreciate it! Your luck with the names is probably better than mine, for what it's worth lol. ;)

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
OP, could you help clarify some unlock methods for me? In my sig is a thread I started, and I have some discrepancies on how some of the characters are unlocked. I'm trying to get those with the game to tell me if I have anything inaccurate or not. I appreciate your help.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
QUOTE=mezbomber;3860583]OP, could you help clarify some unlock methods for me? In my sig is a thread I started, and I have some discrepancies on how some of the characters are unlocked. I'm trying to get those with the game to tell me if I have anything inaccurate or not. I appreciate your help.[/QUOTE]

Im not entirely sure since I unlocked everyone through SSE except for TLink and Jiggs. Im just going with a concensus of other info.

I have another question.

Could any one tell me what challenges in Challenge mode unlock hammers? Especially towards the beginning of the game when you first start unlocking stuff.

Also could someone tell me what stages in SSE that each character is unlocked. For example wolf is unlocked in Iseki.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
About the random stage switch:

It in the VS Mode rules menu at the bottom
OK, first of all, what do we mean by random stage switch? If it's the mode in which each stage is selected (select, random, loser chooses, etc) that's unlocked by default. What I mean is the ability to ban stages from the random select, like in Melee. Is that still in Brawl?

If it is, I still don't have it: at the bottom of the VS rules there's the Item Switch, then above it, the aforementioned "stage select method".

I'd really appreciate any insight regarding this. Thanks!

ruel

Smash Cadet
CORRECTION:
You do't unlock marth by playing classic mode with ike... you unlock him by playing classic mode and beating it with any character on any difficulty.

It says so on the dojo!

EDIT: also, toon link can only be unlocked in the classic mode way AFTER you beat SSE

and Wolf, Jiggly, and Toon Link can be unlocked in the SSE, BUT only after you've beaten it. You have to find hidden doors amongst the levels (one for each of those characters).

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
CORRECTION:
You do't unlock marth by playing classic mode with ike... you unlock him by playing classic mode and beating it with any character on any difficulty.

It says so on the dojo!

EDIT: also, toon link can only be unlocked in the classic mode way AFTER you beat SSE

and Wolf, Jiggly, and Toon Link can be unlocked in the SSE, BUT only after you've beaten it. You have to find hidden doors amongst the levels (one for each of those characters).
thanks, changes will be made.

Also anyone know what Stages in SSE Jiggs and Toon Link are found on?

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
So does anyone know how to unlock the New Super Mario Bros CD?

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
I played 20 matches in coin mode and I didn't get the New Mario bros CD. So I guess its just a random CD that falls during a match. Oh well its time to start playing with items on high to try and get the CD...

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I played 20 matches in coin mode and I didn't get the New Mario bros CD. So I guess its just a random CD that falls during a match. Oh well its time to start playing with items on high to try and get the CD...
Thanks for checking. And sorry it didnt workout. So it is a random CD. There are many many CDs throughout the game. Hopefully youll get the right one.

Why is Battleship Halberd under characters? Is this some inside joke that I wouldn't understand?
My mistake. it was supposed to be in trophies. Thanks for pointing that out.

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
thanks, changes will be made.

Also anyone know what Stages in SSE Jiggs and Toon Link are found on?
I found Jiggs in SSE.
Re play the level where Falco appears and you fight the giand dark Diddy.
When you're doing the water cannons part, at halfway you'll see a new door.
Enter, and you'll see a cutscene of Jiggs singing and rolling in Pokèmon Stadium 2.
Beat her and she's unlocked.
Also, how do I unlock Bramble Blast and Corneria Star Fox song?

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link is in the "Forest" level in SSE after clearing it. The kanji looks like three trees. Door floating in midair, towards the start of the level. Can't miss it.

Oh, and the Break the Targets Lv.3 in 20 Seconds unlocks a Ray MK III trophy. Just did it; I recommend Ness.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Thanks for giving us all that info.

I had no idea there was a Liquid Snake Sticker. (Does it give you invincibility? cause that ******* refuses to die)

Top Bottom