• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking Charaters + without spoilers!!!! Link inside

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I am one of those people that want to explore and find everything about the game that i can. I know however that if i ever go on the internet to look up how to unlock a character, it will tell me the character I unlock.

So i was hoping a loving member on the smashboards could make a cheap, free, temporary free webpage that tells us how to unlock the characters but not what character we unlock.

For instace

Beat Classic to unlock a character.

This way if a player gets stuck, they have a reference and at the same time they arn't dissapointed at a spoiler.

What do u all think about it?

Edit: the same thing could go for stages and other possible unlockables

Edit2 : A website is up check it out on page 3

Edit3: here is the link, bookmark it now!!! http://www.freewebs.com/chriskingsbrawl/index.htm

errtu

Smash Apprentice
great idea. i was thinking the same myself. just a faq where it says beat this to get a character or a stage or whatever. no names so it still is a surprise

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Upon the japan release and the Japanese strategy guide ill Make a guide like this :)

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Sounds like a good idea, but what about people who put the spoilers in their titles, or dont give a spoiler warning?

Spoiled right there.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
The only real problem is with SSE if im telling you to Defeat Porky in New Pork City then you unlock ? kinda gives away the char right there...

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
The only real problem is with SSE if im telling you to Defeat Porky in New Pork City then you unlock ? kinda gives away the char right there...
even so, i still think you should go with it. and post a new thread hilighting this feature because i done what everyone spoiled for me before i play it.

BTW thats for going through with it:) it is really appreciated.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
It depends on how much tolerance for spoilers this FAQ should have.

Are locations spoilers, at least the ones not in the Dojo?

Are bosses spoilers?

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm gonna see the full roster, I still love this idea because even if I know who can be unlocked, it'd still be a mystery of who I'm unlocking.

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
It depends on how much tolerance for spoilers this FAQ should have.

Are locations spoilers, at least the ones not in the Dojo?

Are bosses spoilers?
personally the only spoilers i care about are character, SE story and bosses(to some extent). If it it neccessary to reveal tidbits of the story or some bosses i am fine with that as long as no characters are revealed.

EDIT: i dont think that we really need to worry that much about the SE becuase we already know that we have to beat the story mode one to unlock a handful of characters. AFTER that we should be referring to the FAQ.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I had a similar idea, except I wasn't gonna ask someone from Smashboards to make a faq. I was just going to go on Gamespot or some other site that tells you how to unlock characters, then minimize the screen so I only see how to unlock the character, and not the characters name.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I love this idea! Great for those who don't want to know who they're unlocking until it happens. And in the case of (for example) Porky, one could easily say "defeat the boss to unlock a hidden character."

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i think this is a very, very good idea. i don't want the characters spioled for me but i no i'm going to get stuck somewhere (maybe)
either this or i'll ask my friend

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I'm the other way around.
I want to see all of the characters right away,
but I don't want to know how to unlock them.

At least not until I've completed The Subspace Emissary

IWANTHOTDOG

Smash Apprentice
I was actually thinking of this myself. I can actually unlock all the characters without knowing who they are before :)

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
im starting a freewebs page for this right now. it will take a few days to create and obviously we will have to wait for the walkthrough to come out but im up for it. im in sixth form so i got a lot of free time on my hands. i will post the link here when its up properly.

SFan414

Smash Cadet
A very good idea for a guide, but what if to unlock one character you need another unlockable character that you may not have yet, then it would be spoiled! Maybe there could be different pages to said guide, and the links to the next page could have a note under them that says, "Don't continue to the next page until you've filled certain spaces in the character selection screen!" or is there a better way?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
why cant it just be "unlocked in SSE", without any specifications? by just stating that, you're guarenteed to unlock it eventually without giving anything away.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
A very good idea for a guide, but what if to unlock one character you need another unlockable character that you may not have yet, then it would be spoiled! Maybe there could be different pages to said guide, and the links to the next page could have a note under them that says, "Don't continue to the next page until you've filled certain spaces in the character selection screen!" or is there a better way?
I will label all of the unlockable characters from 1 to whatever i need to and then you can refer to the number you may need and see how to get that person.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
im starting a freewebs page for this right now. it will take a few days to create and obviously we will have to wait for the walkthrough to come out but im up for it. im in sixth form so i got a lot of free time on my hands. i will post the link here when its up properly.
That would be great.

Well i mean, i bet the SSE stuff is pretty easy to unlock but i mean that stuff where "get luigi by getting a 2" like WTF that stuff is a pain to figure out.

for characters where you need others, i am sure you can just say "unlock this character by unlocking charcter 3 on this list"

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I support this idea.

Ideally, I'd like to see this idea (no names given) as well as the ability to look up how to unlock a specific character without any other character unlocks or SSE spoilers.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
This is a great idea, but if you're concerned with spoilers for characters, you're gonna have to leave the internet for a while. Leaks are gonna happen and the **** is gonna hit the fan, spoilers EVERYWHERE. :x

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
yea i would like to be suprised at what i unlocked, even if i spoil myself on the 24th i still wont know what im going to unlock

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
This is a pretty great idea.
Even if I did know the roster, unlocking a character without knowing who they are would be awesome.
I approve!

Top Bottom