• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unnamed Tournament of Doom - Stockholm, Sweden [CANCELLED - DUH!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Def. interested.

I don't like melee and brawl tournaments together, but yeah w/e.
Just get a date as early as possible and I'm sure to attend.

*subscribes*

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
bump.

This should really get more attention just look at the info, free venue, housing etc etc..
4 days of smash and goodies this is the ultimate international tourney(of doom) possible..
The european scene really needs to bound and a long term tourney is the way to go imo..

Oh well.. still some time left till summer anyways, it'll get hype sooner or later.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
YUNAAAAA!!!! DO I SUCK SO BAD IN MELEE THAT I GET A BRAWL TAG?

omfg ^^
nah, i'm german (but DOOMLAND FTW!) and i play more melee than brawl...
i almost beat you in our MELEE MM yuna ^^

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Which is probably why he asked others for help, including C (aka Sparken), O and Hack who have all hosted great tournaments.

stelzig

Smash Lord
YUNAAAAA!!!! DO I SUCK SO BAD IN MELEE THAT I GET A BRAWL TAG?

omfg ^^
nah, i'm german (but DOOMLAND FTW!) and i play more melee than brawl...
i almost beat you in our MELEE MM yuna ^^
Melee is also by far my higher priority, i'm pretty sure he's just putting the brawl tag behind anyone who would be interested in taking part in it at all.

You can add DJ~wizzle, and Navn to the danish list btw yuna. Both would probably like to participate in both games. Although i'm not sure about navn playing melee.

Alyr

Smash Rookie
Looking forward to attend and visiting Sweden as a whole.
So, you can put me on the interested list! I can not confirm yet, not even if there was a set date already, as I´d have to talk to my to be superior. Anyhow, once there is a date, I´m going to go all out with my powers of persuasion!

And, oh: Attending everything Melee.

Oni Nick

Smash Rookie
Although i'm not sure about navn playing melee.
Actually, Navn has informed us that he's considering converting from Brawl to Melee. :) Or, at least he seems to be interested in playing a lot more Melee than before, so I guess he's in too.

Oh, and you guys can count me in too. I'm also from Denmark. :p And I'll attend both games.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry for the lengthy absense, I've been busy.

Will there be commentary at this event? Sorry if posted already.
I want there to be commentary. I'm going to try to provide some colorful and comedic commentary for a few matches at the very least. For the lulz.

Wait, what ?
It's just random. Run with it.

btw : http://forum.germansmash.de/thread.php?threadid=6542&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1 I think that means the weekend 17-19 july already has a kinda big event (if the venue is booked)
What the... the French can't monopolize all of August!

Melee is also by far my higher priority, i'm pretty sure he's just putting the brawl tag behind anyone who would be interested in taking part in it at all.
That is correct. I put the Brawl tag on everyone who expresses an interest whatsoever for Brawl. If you don't have "Brawl" added to your name, I'm assuming you'll be attending for Melee.

Yuna, hurry up and get a date!
My contact has spoken to the owner of the venue. He said, and I quote, "Muahahahahahaha... I don't see why not." Just no date yet. I'm going to call him today or tomorrow to check.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Yep, me and Neasala are attending for both tournaments, unless u don't have to pay for Brawl if ur not attending.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
I will only play brawl teams if my teammate wants to, otherwise I'm all out Melee..
I believe it's "pay for your event" kind of deal.. or maybe because you don't have to pay for the venue and stuff it'll be a full price(will all included).. who knows.
But I'm pretty sure it'll be the pay for your event kind of deal.

Melee ftw(this should be everyones closing comment)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm leaning towards "Pay for what you attend" at the moment. No one should have to pay for something they do not wish to attend.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I don't think he is, cuz there pot was so small, due to the entry fee being almost free.

Samochan

Smash Master
I don't think he is, cuz there pot was so small, due to the entry fee being almost free.
But the entry fee hasn't even been decided yet and can be changed. <_<

I do think that since we save a lot of money by not needing to rent the venue, we could afford to put some more money into pot than usual, but it would still in overall be smaller amount of money than on most bigger tourneys. If like, esa3 was 30€, 2/3 of that would be very nice but still very affordable. I dunno how big this'll be, but 64x10€ = 640€ on pot, then 64x5€ = 320€ for other costs. 20-30€ for every event (if brawl singles too has prize pot) + other costs is real cheap and we'd get loads of money for pots even if this tourney wouldn't be such huge event like smack was for a prize of some local events. If people are informed and it's looking good an all, it definitely has potential to become over 100 people tourney since there's loads of room and ryanair operates in Stockholm. Then it's possible to have even lower entrant fees but in overall, bigger pot. :3 In the end though it's better to discuss about the fees later when the entrants list is more updated.

But hey, if that's not good enough for m2k, then he can just stay in america for all I care. >_> People go over to america and genesis to play the game and have fun, not just because big money moves on those circles. <_<

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
hmmmmmmmmmm INTERESTING

ill consider

lolol for the record, ive never even used the money ive won in the past 4 years (which is like 25k combined)... well I did a little... and it was only really to buy me or other smasher's food as well as enter tourneys and fly to tourneys... so don't even go there lol

it's just to make it FEEL like it's worth it

no matter where i lived i would go to something like genesis. I'm a REAL gamer lolz

so don't get the wrong IDEA people!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
We love u M2K! =D I hope u go to this tournament, and btw, are u thinking of maining Fox now?

stelzig

Smash Lord
I'd somewhat prefer if people had to pay for both regardless, but i suppose you could up the entry fee for the individual game more if you don't.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
M2K whatever one has all the best players will obviously be the best choice, no matter the turnout it'll be huge and hype. And most likely if that happens people will go anyway, best players in EU and m2k = good ****

To be honest it was like that with SMACK, which is why hardly anyone went to Epita in comparison

Good luck with this tourney yuna, i'll most likely be coming to this :p and anyway we can talk about this when you're at my place next week

Samochan

Smash Master
I kinda doubt this'll overlap genesis, since armada and friends are gonna attend genesis too. So you need to come here as well m2k, if people from europe are going to this and genesis as well. :p And if our tourney has people in mass quantities, massive and awesome free venue and awesome european smashers, what more can there be to offer? ^^

Oh and hooly ****, timeout. Stelzig is from Denmark? O_o I just gotta ask, how's the smash scene on denmark? Any danish attending this? Thus far finland has stuck it's head out from under the rock and now germany, will this tourney mark denmark on the european smash map? :3

stelzig

Smash Lord
^For a minute i thought i knew you from somewhere lol. Guess not then :p

Actually me and tomber (who i think you can add to the list as well even though i haven't been able to contact him recently - boarding school) also appeared at RoS4. We just aren't very good so we're not someone you remember haha. We won our first match in teams brackets though ;P

But yeah Denmark is quite anonymous, and that goes for console (and especially nintendo - one of the countries where nintendo is least popular) gaming in general. Quite alot good PC gamers however. I hear we're like the third best CS country hehe. I think i'm the only somewhat known danish nintendo gamer, and therefore sadly ever get to really play smash, which is my favourite game ever. The group (which you can see on the interested list first page samo ;)) is trying to start up some stuff, and it's actually looking pretty good with some of the organisers of Copenhagen eSports Challenge being interested in maybe creating some bigger events in assosiaction with us. We'll see where it goes, and if something big does happen i'll of course post it on here :)

Wow this post turned out alot longer than expected.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I think I've figured out how to record, preview and livestream at the same time. Does the venue have internet?

Samochan

Smash Master
I think I've figured out how to record, preview and livestream at the same time. Does the venue have internet?
You sure your comp won't bust from all those activities? =D

Like, 3 tv's recording would be too good, but then add in preview (what you mean by that?) and livestream.. <_> Totally awesome if you can get it to work though. On finnish youth places, there is a wireless, so there's a good chance this one might have too. It's prolly hella slow though. <_<

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Well preview is just seeing what you are recording, which is done automatically with VirtualDub (and most recording apps), but it's actually not a matter of course.

The computer has no problems compressing streams from 3 TVs to both lossless avi and low-bitrate h264 at the same time. A 1Mbit connection (upload speed) is more than enough to stream all 3, and can probably go even lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom