• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unnamed Tournament of Doom - Stockholm, Sweden [CANCELLED - DUH!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Yuna hasn't even been on for the past 8 days now... I'll probably start looking into TSL if he doesn't show up within this week

stelzig

Smash Lord
It would still be really nice if he could at least get on here and tell us about delays himself though. I appreciate you bringing those news too though - but i would prefer to hear it first hand :)

(I don't mind the delays themselves - as you said still 2 months - i just like to be somewhat updated so i know it's gonna happen)

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
>_< ...

I probably wont be coming to this since flight prices are way higher now than they were 1-2 months ago when I wanted to book my flight(I'm talking about 4500 SEK or 360 Euro's)

Sorry guys.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
>_< ...

I probably wont be coming to this since flight prices are way higher now than they were 1-2 months ago when I wanted to book my flight(I'm talking about 4500 SEK or 360 Euro's)

Sorry guys.
Awww, ****, that's such a bummer...
I really would like Yuna to get his arse up.. because I really want this tourney to happen.. oh well best of luck to Yuna, may he fail or not fail it's up to him now.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could've sworn I had officially announced it in the thread. I apologize for not doing it sooner, it was very irresponsible of me.

Yes, as most (not-stupid) people might have figured out by now (and also from hearing it from Samo-chan and others, whom I have told about the cancellation), this tournament is long cancelled.

Why? A whole lot of bad timing and circumstances.

1) With Lyon as competition, both tournaments are going to be "stealing" players from each other. Since Lyon was announced first, Lyon "stole" the most players, meaning UToD was always going to get the shaft. Smashers aren't millionaires, we have to prioritize. UToD looked like it was moving towards being mostly a Scandinavian tournament since it's too expensive to go to Lyon for most Scandinavians.
2) The only available date (for the venue) coincided with an annual event I go to (anually). I would have had to skip out on either event.
3) And a big quasi-deal breaker: We would even have to share the venue with another group for one of the days, plus for another one of the days (some kind of Harry Potter convention).

Faced with a limited number of nationalities and entrants, having to prioritize one thing over another and even having to share the venue with another group, I simply thought it better to cancel the tournament. I might host one next year, this time with at least six month's notice and with a good date.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmm....why the hell must a big tourney like this be cancelled........

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Kind of an unnecessary bump. There's not really much point to keeping this thread open either, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom