• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Chain grab and infinite compilation.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yes they can. CG'd a solo Popo or Nana being the lead. ;) But you can still CG two by single d-throws, but not infinite against themselves.

Uhm, ICs for moderate? Not deadly? I know their grab range is horrible, but their CGs ARE deadly when it's being used such as their infinites, 0-death, grab = a stock, CG'd/infinite to the whole cast, and possibly a combo or a combo kill for 0-death. Plus I never knew grab ranges count because if they were to CG... it's not deadly? 0.o;

Oh by the way, Kirby can do the Gonzo Combo on fastfallers and heavies, and possibly 0-death near the edge on the heavies.
More specific like character names?

And @ DJ, I might consider moving Sonic's Sonic's to moderate, because when compared to the other blue CG/infinites it's better but... It doesn't SWAY the matchup, thats why I listed it as none lethal.

Browny

Smash Hater
Of course you can't, but there's always a given chance that Ness will escape Sonic's CG without the SGB.

SGB can't be compared to Yoshi's since if you do it properly, it makes Sonic's damage REALLY neglible in damage. Most of the time it's used in refreshing moves. Sonic's will only outdo Yoshi's in damage if a Ness player is careless.

Now answer honestly, have you used this in a tournament yet? If the answer is no, well you know the rest. (aka FLAME) If so, tell me what happened, the level e.c.t.
My main gif against Sonic's CG is when compared to other characters CG, it's not as efficient.
actually, i have. but Im not the sort of person who will abuse such a technique unless i feel i couldnt win otherwise, i only did it once just to give a little surprise (was months before i told anyone about it lol :p)

and i still dont get your point. if sonics damage is REALLY negligable, than that must makes yoshis REALLY REALLY negligable. I cant see how hard that is to understand, the numbers are pretty definitive. and then theres the whole argument of these types of CG's getting more effective over time, compared to something like falcos dthrow which is only good till about 50%. Sonic can do this at any %, and the more damage it does vs yoshis will only get even greater as you get to higher %'s.

and there is no chance ness can escape unless the sonic makes a misteak. as my video showed, theres at LEAST a 3 frame advantage, and ness' quickest escape option comes out in 2. thats a lot of time for the sonic to screw it up.

----

lol just saw your edit... I knew that was kind of the case (although it can lead into a d/ftilt at the edge which can KO ~150)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
actually, i have. but Im not the sort of person who will abuse such a technique unless i feel i couldnt win otherwise, i only did it once just to give a little surprise (was months before i told anyone about it lol :p)

and i still dont get your point. if sonics damage is REALLY negligable, than that must makes yoshis REALLY REALLY negligable. I cant see how hard that is to understand, the numbers are pretty definitive. and then theres the whole argument of these types of CG's getting more effective over time, compared to something like falcos dthrow which is only good till about 50%. Sonic can do this at any %, and the more damage it does vs yoshis will only get even greater as you get to higher %'s.

and there is no chance ness can escape unless the sonic makes a misteak. as my video showed, theres at LEAST a 3 frame advantage, and ness' quickest escape option comes out in 2. thats a lot of time for the sonic to screw it up.

----

lol just saw your edit... I knew that was kind of the case (although it can lead into a d/ftilt at the edge which can KO ~150)
Well it works opposite to the average CG. At lower % it's near useless. (I can break out after the first or second jab) but at higher % it becomes annoying. Very well, I will change it. But just so you know, the room for error is very small. In the video you need to subtract the extra frames from 1/4 speed, so in reality you have less frames.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
why are ic's still yellow? i think we've established that 0-death is deadly enough to be red =]
Ice climbers grabs are easy to avoid. Deadly would be you're pretty much guarenteed a grab and death.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't know if this has been noted already, but Diddy has a new single-banana infinite to edge spike on all but Metaknight and Pikachu (on which it's an infinite to the edge). It's hard as heck to do, but it's very possible and there are people using it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Sorry, but your thread hasn't been updated in a while, a was under the impressioned you were done.
A simple PM would have concluded your false assumptions.

The reason I haven't updated recently is because I am busy prior to the holidays. Once the holidays start, I intend to edit in what little additions are not already there.I also intend to remove the content from my thread and paste it in an upcoming thread I will be making.

It would also seem that portions of your information a incorrect.

If you wish to waste your time continuing this thread, you're more than welcome to.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if this has been noted already, but Diddy has a new single-banana infinite to edge spike on all but Metaknight and Pikachu (on which it's an infinite to the edge). It's hard as heck to do, but it's very possible and there are people using it.
It's not an infinite. It's a combo across the stage. It will eventually end. Unless there's a wall, I guess.

Out of a double jump.
What, grab him when he's out of a double jump and keep pounding him into a grab release into a re-grab or something? Is it a real standing infinite then?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
From what I've seen, you have to pummel for snakes dthrow infinite to work, and it only works on tall chars.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
It's not an infinite. It's a combo across the stage. It will eventually end. Unless there's a wall, I guess.

What, grab him when he's out of a double jump and keep pounding him into a grab release into a re-grab or something? Is it a real standing infinite then?
No it's, grab him>jab,jab,jab release. (Zelda is tall and always air releases Wario)
When Wario is air released, he cannot do anything for a while (it's a really stupid animation)
Zelda is able to regrab him. This is why it's non lethal.

1. If you jab Wario while he escapes the grab, he ground breaks.
2. Infinite only works if you grab him out of a second jump.

Ulevo said:
A simple PM would have concluded your false assumptions.

The reason I haven't updated recently is because I am busy prior to the holidays. Once the holidays start, I intend to edit in what little additions are not already there.I also intend to remove the content from my thread and paste it in an upcoming thread I will be making.

It would also seem that portions of your information a incorrect.

If you wish to waste your time continuing this thread, you're more than welcome to.
I suppose your right. If some of the information is incorrect, I gladly update. Can you please tell me the errors I currently have?

From what I've seen, you have to pummel for snakes dthrow infinite to work, and it only works on tall chars.
Care to list them? I mean just being specific here. You never know with Brawl.

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonics still isnt listed as moderate...

jeez even peaches dthrow which only does like 0-30 is listed as moderate.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Im pretty sure MK can be CG'd by C.Falcon if you boost grab (c-stick down --> Z) and you can finish it with Usmash too. but you have to get the timing down perfectly

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
This list is missing Kirby's Fthrow to Uair to Regrab. Works against Heavies and Fastfallers I think, not sure what the actual list is.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sonics still isnt listed as moderate...

jeez even peaches dthrow which only does like 0-30 is listed as moderate.
More than Sonic at 0%. My bad I forgot to change it. What's the list for Kirby?!?

ZSS cg on MK? Got it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
still waiting to see DK's infinite chain grab on ness/lucas.

do walls count or no? if they do DK has a chain throw on everyone. but very non lethal

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Capt.us Falcon had F throw chain grab up to around 40% on himself and Lucario, I forget but there's more characters he can do it to.

Browny

Smash Hater
ive never heard of this... i know he can do it a few times to fast fallers but lucario is so floaty i dont see how it would work at all, and him not being able to dair in time

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You are not oncluding Peach's 80-90% guaranteed grab release KO on Wario?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Uh guys? Slow down.

Okay, I'll do the DK thing, and how do you do the Peach thing?
Wall don't count since EVERYONE has one. =/

Hey CBK, I think don't think Ness is infinited by DK!
Well we have 2 things going for Ness. EIDI, it will let him slide farther, and shop off 16 frames off the animation. (Or so they say)

And Ref's quote

Ref said:
It's false, Ness slides to far for a dashing regrab.
Im sure he mean't that without EIDI too... I won't take off DK's infinite yet. I'll do some more testing and come up with results.

If someone can get me Kirby's list of CG I will give them cookies./spoiler]

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Pit can CG some of the heavier ones with fthrow. I believe its Bowser, Dedede, DK, Snake? 0-40 for DK.

edit: After some investigation, DK is the only true chain grab. Others are just very hard to escape.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You are not oncluding Peach's 80-90% guaranteed grab release KO on Wario?
Untrue. Just tested it now, and Peach's J or DJ doesn't even reach him. Period.

Updated with DK, apparently he can't infinite Ness/Lucas.

Top Bottom