• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
so, he will fire up the character he's brabbing and trow it like a fireball?
No. He will throw his opponent and then shoot several small fireballs (that will go through opponent because they will be fake projectiles and either they don't disappear on hit or they all disappear and never appear and thats no good) at him/her/it. That makes more sense.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
be sure to not keep spam-able attacks/specials like in SSBCrusade(down air attack, dat annoying pogo stick tail)
I know i know. Dat pogo stick thing is getting nerfed already and it won't bounce him up if he misses. I did used part of SSBC's version of it though - if A is held while using it, he won't bounce up upon hitting someone.

And as requested by @ Dastardly Ridleylash Dastardly Ridleylash :

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley's vacation... with himself.
Thunderbird certainly wasn't happy about that.
I guess it takes a madman to create this sinister creature.
Well, how did you think it all could be done?
I love it. Could you make the shades an alt, even if it's not in the official pack? That'd be fun to use.
Sure...if i will be able to properly set them up.
Diddy Kong style. Maybe a "special" taunt.
Im not sure i'll be able to pull this off.

Anyway, i might make a video showcase again, this time in form of a normal match rather than that long and boring showcase. Will try to get rid of the rust i've got after all of this time.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Will it be Ridley vs Ridley?
Also...
Ridley is now over Lucario right?
What if I just renamed all the files and put them in Mewtwo's folder. Would anything come out of that?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Will it be Ridley vs Ridley?
Also...
Ridley is now over Lucario right?
What if I just renamed all the files and put them in Mewtwo's folder. Would anything come out of that?
No, Ridley VS Samus (using Smash 3 Light Suit Samus recolor) on...Jungle Hijynx of all stages. But there is reason for that - it causes nearly no lag.
Not really. Until i will fix that bug, he is over Pit.
He will work, except his GFX and SFX won't work unless Pit/Lucario is in the same match.

Video is done...but its a bit too fast. Like 70% Fast Brawl fast.
...Will upload anyway. Was a good match for me. It shows everything new except for Up Taunt.
...too bad i don't have any good players available to have a real match rather than having to fight against CPU.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
No, Ridley VS Samus (using Smash 3 Light Suit Samus recolor) on...Jungle Hijynx of all stages. But there is reason for that - it causes nearly no lag.
Not really. Until i will fix that bug, he is over Pit.
He will work, except his GFX and SFX won't work unless Pit/Lucario is in the same match.

Video is done...but its a bit too fast. Like 70% Fast Brawl fast.
...Will upload anyway. Was a good match for me. It shows everything new except for Up Taunt.
Oh alright thank you!
Too fast? Better than too big.
You had one job Bagan.

Wonder who I should ask...

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I haven't been watching this place in forever, so I'm lost on what Norfair's Flame and Bone Crusher are. Is nB still a fireball, and is Bone Crusher some kind of weird command grab thing?

I'm just thinking to myself the OP hadn't been updated, and I know I heard you say something about a command grab.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I haven't been watching this place in forever, so I'm lost on what Norfair's Flame and Bone Crusher are. Is nB still a fireball, and is Bone Crusher some kind of weird command grab thing?

I'm just thinking to myself the OP hadn't been updated, and I know I heard you say something about a command grab.
Due to issues with fireballs despawning anyhow (when they reach blast zones, get absorbed, hit anything, etc) after pikazz added command grab, they are temporarily removed. Norfair's Flame is his alt Neutral B, which is the default one now, while Bone Crusher is his aerial Down B.

Yeah, it wasn't updated since i don't know.
I'm only playing your fine!
Haha is it me or are your posts showing a bit more personality from you as opposed to you three months ago?

Praise Ridley our lord and saviour.
Maybe. Maybe thats just me getting bored and trying to make things less boring.

Video has been uploaded:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Due to issues with fireballs despawning anyhow (when they reach blast zones, get absorbed, hit anything, etc) after pikazz added command grab, they are temporarily removed. Norfair's Flame is his alt Neutral B, which is the default one now, while Bone Crusher is his aerial Down B.

Video has been uploaded:
Holy crap that aerial side B is devastating. Would hate to miss with it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros is his aerial side b able to be meteor cancelled or is it a spike?
Don't know. It has similar coding to Ganondorf's ground side B, so, maybe its a spike, maybe not. Its not as powerful as his old DAir or Ganondorf's DAir, thats what im sure about.
Holy crap that aerial side B is devastating. Would hate to miss with it.
Yeah, it sucks even more than when you use Ganondorf because its easier to hit with, so, it shouldn't happen, but nope, now you're fallin'. Happened during one of the failed attempts.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration

Video has been uploaded:
Alright let's see.

His tail and dash looks good so that checks out.

LOVE THE DOWN GRAB HOLY ****!

Taunt looks badass.

Side B is good.

Down tilt looks like a good combo starter.

Sour spot buff's are nice.

Bair looks good.

Air Down B looks kinda the same.

The Air side B looks.......Can I please see it at normal speed and how far it's goes because from what I saw that looks somewhat broken.

But beside's that this is looking pretty sexy and I should know, I'm a professional beach hunk. ;)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright let's see.

His tail and dash looks good so that checks out.

LOVE THE DOWN GRAB HOLY ****!

Taunt looks badass.

Side B is good.

Down tilt looks like a good combo starter.

Sour spot buff's are nice.

Bair looks good.

Air Down B looks kinda the same.

The Air side B looks.......Can I please see it at normal speed and how far it's goes because from what I saw that looks somewhat broken.

But beside's that this is looking pretty sexy and I should know, I'm a professional beach hunk. ;)
Down Tilt is a good combo starter, but i had at least one case of opponent being able to hit me before i could go into 2nd part of the animation (claw uppercut).

Aerial Down B in the video launched Samus down when she was in the air. Before, it would launch her up. Then she was hit with 2nd hitbox during landing animation.

I posted it somewhere here. Its as fast as Ganon's hover, but doesn't lasts as long.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I need everything there. Including that guys voice. I love it. The horns look great, but you think they'd look better if they were the same colour as his head or is that not possible?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I need everything there. Including that guys voice. I love it. The horns look great, but you think they'd look better if they were the same colour as his head or is that not possible?
You mean announcer's voice or what?
They have same color. Look at BrawlBox screenshots i posted here. Its just that rimlighting has different effect on his head.
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros really? ssbcrusade announcer? :3
Well, he sounds better than anything else i can get and i can completly replace every line and word announcer has.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
that aerial side-B is a bit concerning with how fast and far it launches them down--does it scale with % ?
Video was going at least 1.5x faster than it should and Ridley loses all of his jumps if he grabs anyone. I will probably decrease base knockback though. Just can't find proper balance between "so low its not worth using" and "too good".
It does.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
hey, Bagan

you're still gonna implement Brawl Ridley as a costume (standalone alternative mod?) for the Other M Ridley mod with new wings included?

you know the same one with thin arms and said you needed a professional model rigger to fix that?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
hey, Bagan

you're still gonna implement Brawl Ridley as a costume (standalone alternative mod?) for the Other M Ridley mod with new wings included?

you know the same one with thin arms and said you needed a professional model rigger to fix that?
Oh, that one. Its a standalone alternative mod. Im going to work on it after 2.0's release.
And it needs anyone who can resize models, remove certain parts of the model and fix normals on the wings, not a professional model rigger.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
2.0 Ridley looks like sex given flesh, can't wait to try him out.

Also makes me wonder how fast Ridley'll be getting put into 3.6 if he isn't officially added by the PMDT; would depend on the amount of changes to the game, I'd assume though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It looks like love to me.
Ridley is love. Ridley is death.
2.0 Ridley looks like sex given flesh, can't wait to try him out.
...thats...disturbing...

Aaaaanyway, i'll need help from you, guys. Zero-Striker from Reddit suggested having a team of beta testers, something we had before first release, but then i for whatever reasons forgot to ask them ever again. So, would anyone join me crew? I be afraid t' newest changes may make Ridley a bit broken.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley is love. Ridley is death.

...thats...disturbing...

Aaaaanyway, i'll need help from you, guys. Zero-Striker from Reddit suggested having a team of beta testers, something we had before first release, but then i for whatever reasons forgot to ask them ever again. So, would anyone join me crew? I be afraid t' newest changes may make Ridley a bit broken.
Since I've already done unofficial work on the mod, may as well just become a beta tester.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since I've already done unofficial work on the mod, may as well just become a beta tester.
But first, i need to make sure you meet requirements:
  • Can you use all of the fancy AT stuff in PM?
  • Can you easily beat lv9 CPUs?
  • Are you used to fast or slow characters?
  • Can you use characters that are more about aerial stuff than fighting on the ground?
  • Do you have any kind of e-mail adress? I be needin' t' send files t' me crew after all.
And thats it.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
But first, i need to make sure you meet requirements:
  • Can you use all of the fancy AT stuff in PM?
  • Can you easily beat lv9 CPUs?
  • Are you used to fast or slow characters?
  • Can you use characters that are more about aerial stuff than fighting on the ground?
  • Do you have any kind of e-mail adress? I be needin' t' send files t' me crew after all.
And thats it.
  • A bit irregularly, but yes.
  • Of course!
  • Both, but in P:M I'm used to mid-ranged speeds.
  • Yes, absoulutely.
  • Me email address be ultradester306@hotmail.ca, me captain!

Top Bottom