• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
However it worked lol (didn't play the game much).

Bagan emailed you an issue. Though I'm not going to triple email you so I'll state here.
He still retains the Assist Trophy issue here on a Wii. Glued to his hand... Claw... Whatever haha.
I know. I don't know how this glitch appeared or how to fix it. And it doesn't counts as him holding anything either.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I can test Ridley in a multiplayer environment (1v1, 2v2, FFA) if you want, but that will have to wait until Saturday.
I can use some ATs, mostly Ness' stuff; I can defeat lv9 CPUs; I play pretty much every character once in a while, from Sheik to DDD, except Ice Climbers; so if you're still looking for testers I can send you my e-mail.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can test Ridley in a multiplayer environment (1v1, 2v2, FFA) if you want, but that will have to wait until Saturday.
I can use some ATs, mostly Ness' stuff; I can defeat lv9 CPUs; I play pretty much every character once in a while, from Sheik to DDD, except Ice Climbers; so if you're still looking for testers I can send you my e-mail.
Ok then. You know what they say: the more the merrier!

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Very rarely I get a pixel issue. But aside from that I like it. I do miss the length but fully understand why it was changed. Was there an in between for the original and the tail currently or is that considered too long still?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Very rarely I get a pixel issue. But aside from that I like it. I do miss the length but fully understand why it was changed. Was there an in between for the original and the tail currently or is that considered too long still?
What kind of pixel issue?
It was considered too long. I feel like it basically turned his tail into a projectile that cannot be destroyed since you can't hit it and attacks don't clang/clash/whatever with it. Limiting it to being slightly shorter than Dedede's range felt like the best way to do it.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
It might be a pm issue actually. Sometimes on rare occasions it doesn't come out clear and a few light coloured specs there. Not anything to major though. And ah well, can't help that.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
Was the range of the F-Smash really a problem though? It was a bit unique to have the longest F-Smash in the game and it's kind of sad for Ridley to loose it, but I agree it was disturbing and a big issue balance-wise for his other attacks. It's not like you could spam this move in a real match considering the startup, no matter the range of the tail...

Anyway, 2.0 looks very promising!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Was the range of the F-Smash a problem though? It was a bit unique to have the longest F-Smash in the game and it's kind of sad for Ridley to loose it, but I agree it was disturbing and a big issue balance-wise for his other attacks. It's not like you could spam this move in a real match considering the startup, no matter the range of the tail...

Anyway, 2.0 looks very promising!
It made edgeguarding, among other things, ridicolously safe since once you've got past starting up animation (one that goes before you can charge it), it pretty much is instant death. Not OHKO, but close. FSmash still has very long range (only Dedede's FTilt beats it).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have just one thing to said. Thank you BaganSmashBros for you amazing work, Ridley is SO much fun to play and every thing about him is so well doned! I LOVE IT!:4kirby: Also, it's so fun when you choose a big stage and you can go just anywhere because of Ridley insane mobility in the air. And is Taunt and Victory Animation! Bruuhhhh, so perfect! Keep going good BaganSmashBros! I will support you until the end of the mod! :4yoshi:

PS: Also the CPU need some glass i think because they don't know how to DODGE a fireball but hey, at least it's fun.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have just one thing to said. Thank you BaganSmashBros for you amazing work, Ridley is SO much fun to play and every thing about him is so well doned! I LOVE IT!:4kirby: Also, it's so fun when you choose a big stage and you can go just anywhere because of Ridley insane mobility in the air. And is Taunt and Victory Animation! Bruuhhhh, so perfect! Keep going good BaganSmashBros! I will support you until the end of the mod! :4yoshi:

PS: Also the CPU need some glass i think because they don't know how to DODGE a fireball but hey, at least it's fun.
Thanks.
If you mean Ridley's AI, then it really needs to be fixed because being unable to dodge something is not the worst problem they have. Too bad coding AI for Brawl characters is too complicated and hard.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks.
If you mean Ridley's AI, then it really needs to be fixed because being unable to dodge something is not the worst problem they have. Too bad coding AI for Brawl characters is too complicated and hard.
De rien, for the AI i was talking of the AI of the other character, they just go in the fireball like YOLLLLLO but hey, for me it's cool.:denzel:

Edit: oops, little fault like you say BaganSmashBros, i mixe English and French now...

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I imagine him to be in a permanent state of Cruel even without the levels.
I'd love that AI to be vicious, cheap and cunning. Just not a horrible spammer like Pikachu (I hate Pikachu).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
De rien, for the IA i was talking of the IA of the other character, they just go in the fireball like YOLLLLLO but hey, for me it's cool.:denzel:
Um, its AI (Artificial intelligence)...And yeah, i kinda noticed. Fox and Falco do reflect those at least for me, but thats because they spam shines.
I imagine him to be in a permanent state of Cruel even without the levels.
I'd love that AI to be vicious, cheap and cunning. Just not a horrible spammer like Pikachu (I hate Pikachu).
That would be rather uncomfortable for less experienced players. But his AI needs to be like this (but instead of cheap, it should just know what its doing) on higher AI levels.

Slightly changed position of his horns:

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
It was a joke. Cheap as in things the average person won't do... Fighting dirty to put simply. Anything to win, I get that vibe from most Ridley fights especially friggin Prime. Spamming that tackle with such accuracy... Hope the AI could combo well instead of spam. I'm really tempted to doing this, what files are used for the AI? And beautiful. I expect them to accent anger and ferocity.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It was a joke. Cheap as in things the average person won't do... Fighting dirty to put simply. Anything to win, I get that vibe from most Ridley fights especially friggin Prime. Spamming that tackle with such accuracy... Hope the AI could combo well instead of spam. I'm really tempted to doing this, what files are used for the AI? And beautiful. I expect them to accent anger and ferocity.
There is no "fighting dirty" when you are a giant space dragon. And AI can combo (Ridley even now can do that sometimes and i once saw him using his suicidal Up B near the ledge followed by DAir in early versions, resulting in player getting KOed, but those kind of things are rare)...if set up properly. Fox and Falco do it well in PM.
FitPitMotionEtc.pac. There is a program for editing AI, but its really complex. It doesn't fixes everything, but it works.
Excellent work bro!! I already forgot Pit even appeared
Thanks and who?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
FTilt revamped:

It can be angled (this changes its launch trajectory too), it has same knockback values as Ganondorf's (while it has more range, its inferiour in terms of speed and it has to be sweetspotted) and its pretty quick like Charizard's old FTilt (one with tail swipe). Its 12 frames faster than previous version.
Also, i fixed left foot sliding on UTilt. And CSPs, BPs and CSS icons are ready (nothing is final though):
Character Select...Something:

Now just need to make stocks.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
There is no "fighting dirty" when you are a giant space dragon. And AI can combo (Ridley even now can do that sometimes and i once saw him using his suicidal Up B near the ledge followed by DAir in early versions, resulting in player getting KOed, but those kind of things are rare)...if set up properly. Fox and Falco do it well in PM.
FitPitMotionEtc.pac. There is a program for editing AI, but its really complex. It doesn't fixes everything, but it works.
Whose also a Space Pirate!
Does Random avoid him? Never got Random to go on him...

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
And he also is a Xenomorph rip-off (...not really) and MOTHER F___ER you must ENGAGE.
Random avoids only clone engine characters.
He is way more prettier. When you think about it, Ridley has been nearly every monster possible. Cyborg, mutant, alien, dragon, murderer (naturally), a clone, a zombie (RidleyX), etc.
Definitely one of the better Nintendo villains.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He is way more prettier. When you think about it, Ridley has been nearly every monster possible. Cyborg, mutant, alien, dragon, murderer (naturally), a clone, a zombie (RidleyX), etc.
He never was a zombie. Thats Ridley-X, who is a completly separate thing. Ridley's role (well, its his clone, but he had his memories anyway, so, might as well be a resurrected Ridley) in Fusion ends once his frozen corpse shatters.
Yeah, and one of the only villains who don't really have a reason for any of the stuff they do and also one of those who have no standards or a good side (even Ganondorf had both).

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
He never was a zombie. Thats Ridley-X, who is a completly separate thing. Ridley's role (well, its his clone, but he had his memories anyway, so, might as well be a resurrected Ridley) in Fusion ends once his frozen corpse shatters.
Yeah, and one of the only villains who don't really have a reason for any of the stuff they do and also one of those who have no standards or a good side (even Ganondorf had both).
Still a Ridley zombie. Just not Ridley. But used Ridley.
I think its just a hobby of his. Then a personal thing against Samus when she bets him.
I don't think a nice Ridley is even possible...

OmegaBazil

Smash Rookie
Ridley has always been a space dragon since day one xD

OmegaBazil

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
correction if metroid dread comes out.. with the Galatic federation coming after her.. remander space pirates might show up to samus aid since she litterly just learned the truth about the feds. useing her as a tool the whole time. ending in reality that the pirates are bad but they where nothing more but rebels under a very corrupted goverment.. mother brain was a chozo creation so that means ridley may appear in the final metroid chapter after fusion,. and we may see him redeem himself, we have always seen in brawl tidley with samus and not the two killing each other.. YET there rivals more then just foes. Cant wait to see the metroid after fusion.

No, he was a weird winged Xenomorph at first.
then a dragon because ridleys baddass.. also no the alien to repazent alien was the metroid. because metroid queen is the queen xenomorph.

as metroids are the facehuggers which evolved into a warrior.. aka beta, then xenos evolve same with metroids till they become queens there own.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
correction if metroid dread comes out.. with the Galatic federation coming after her.. remander space pirates might show up to samus aid since she litterly just learned the truth about the feds. useing her as a tool the whole time. ending in reality that the pirates are bad but they where nothing more but rebels under a very corrupted goverment.. mother brain was a chozo creation so that means ridley may appear in the final metroid chapter after fusion,. and we may see him redeem himself, we have always seen in brawl tidley with samus and not the two killing each other.. YET there rivals more then just foes. Cant wait to see the metroid after fusion.
Metroid Dread was either cancelled or never existed. And who knows, maybe they will pull LoZ stuff with its never-ending prequels.
then a dragon because ridleys baddass.. also no the alien to repazent alien was the metroid. because metroid queen is the queen xenomorph.
C'mon, Ridley is so obviously a not-Xenomorph with wings. Im talking about design and not the role. Its even more obvious with later designs.
FTilt needs more bust motion. Maybe hipN motion too.
Will be fixed.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I want Ridley back but don't see how he can pull it off...
He's evil though. No doubt a sadist.
Like Fox and Wolf?

Top Bottom