• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

OmegaBazil

Smash Rookie
Metroid Dread was either cancelled or never existed. And who knows, maybe they will pull LoZ stuff with its never-ending prequels.

C'mon, Ridley is so obviously a not-Xenomorph with wings. Im talking about design and not the role. Its even more obvious with later designs.

Will be fixed.
Hehe Yes but metroid dread is being made by retro stuideos right now. the ones who made metroid prime. :3

As for his design yep i can see that but hes really a desgned after Ridley Scott xD

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hehe Yes but metroid dread is being made by retro stuideos right now. the ones who made metroid prime. :3

As for his design yep i can see that but hes really a desgned after Ridley Scott xD
Unconfirmed.

Yeah. I can even see his beard. Or Ridley Scott actually is a Xenomorph/Ridley with a fake beard that makes it impossible to notice that he is a, well, Xenomorph/Ridley.

OmegaBazil

Smash Rookie
I want Ridley back but don't see how he can pull it off...
He's evil though. No doubt a sadist.
Like Fox and Wolf?
Just like wolf wanted to kill fox and everyone else.. and just like bowser who turnsvinto a flippen murderer in other games. Im looking at you inside story.. and the very first mario games turning the people of the mushroom people into blocks!!!

So yeah.

Unconfirmed.

Yeah. I can even see his beard. Or Ridley Scott actually is a Xenomorph/Ridley with a fake beard that makes it impossible to notice that he is a, well, Xenomorph/Ridley.
lulz

Actully it is comfermed. after other m there all hush hush only to leak infomation on the wiki just to take it off..

Last edited by a moderator:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, enough off-topic talk.
Does anyone here knows how to fix this:

Present on tail blade too. Doesn't happens on Dolphin.
lulz

Actully it is comfermed. after other m there all hush hush only to leak infomation on the wiki just to take it off..
*facepalm* Yeah, sure. We also had a Gematsu and Tower of Smash leaks for Sm4sh. Guess where did this went...

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Worst case scenario, starting back to 1.9 and adding the changes we tested and conclusions. Perhaps even the C3 allergy will go away.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I neglected to mention how it takes longer to my Wii to load PM after putting this Ridley on. Nothing major but worth noting.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Sorry, but what you said can't really be taken as feedback since its false ("Most of his moveset is just Charizard's with added effects" even though FAir, BAir [may change], USmash [it still looks different enough], grab attack and UThrow are the only similar attacks). Well, outside of first one ("He's a bit too big, this is really easy to fix though."). If sharing that "many" attacks makes character less unique, then Captain Falcon and Samus aren't unique because they share UTilt, NAir (SSB64 CF only), BAir (Samus only), Dash attack, DSmash, UAir (CF only), with few other characters and each other. There aren't many characters who have absolutely no shared attacks. And when you have two characters with similar shape, it pretty much is inevitable.

Well, they shouldn't do so. Up Special always ends with a glide, Neutral B is an attack that doesn't stops him from falling and...well, every other special doesn't allows him to do anything until he lands (Down B stops only when he reaches the ground while Side B leaves him in helpless state and still does so as a command grab if he misses).

Unless thats sarcasm, just look at what happens outside of this thread. If i would get a coin for each time i say just "f***ing" alone, i would be drowning in them.
Sakurai and those who handled that piece of cr*p on Pyrosphere.

I think its safe to bring back old BAir now that he has a lot less range. What do you think? His sweetspot was noticably reduced too (its only 50% of what it was before), so, it will be even harder to hit with.
For the third time: It is not the aesthetics I'm looking at, it's the utility. Samus and Falcon are completely different in how they USE their aesthetically similar attacks. Your Ridley's combos look similar to Jiggly and Charizard's.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Most characters have similarities though. Almost every character has a variation of the sex kick, a spike/meteor attack, Sheik's FAir, etc. This is Smash, not BlazBlue.
That said, I see what you mean, and the next version will change his playstyle at least a little, while fixing stuff from previous versions like the pogo tail. You don't have to play Ridley like you do Charizard or Jigglypuff if you don't want.
Just for reference, what are the similarities you're seeing? Up throw? Olimar, ROB and to a lesser extent, Kirby and MK have a functionally similar up throw.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
For the third time: It is not the aesthetics I'm looking at, it's the utility. Samus and Falcon are completely different in how they USE their aesthetically similar attacks. Your Ridley's combos look similar to Jiggly and Charizard's.
Im not sure this will lead anywhere. It all depends on the player.

Fireballs finally work! Had to use 2nd .rel pikazz sent to fix it. To balance them out more, they now lose damage each 10 frames, going from 14 to 6. After 1 second, they disappear. They are faster than before, but thats not necessarily a buff since its easier to dodge fast fireballs with large distance between them than slow fireballs with nearly no space between them.
Also, they do not use updated GFX that i use for firebreath. Thats because they would suddenly disappear while common GFX does not disappears.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Ridley is love. Ridley is death.

...thats...disturbing...

Aaaaanyway, i'll need help from you, guys. Zero-Striker from Reddit suggested having a team of beta testers, something we had before first release, but then i for whatever reasons forgot to ask them ever again. So, would anyone join me crew? I be afraid t' newest changes may make Ridley a bit broken.
I'm always at your service my liege ;)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Aaaaanyway, i'll need help from you, guys. Zero-Striker from Reddit suggested having a team of beta testers, something we had before first release, but then i for whatever reasons forgot to ask them ever again. So, would anyone join me crew? I be afraid t' newest changes may make Ridley a bit broken.
I'll help out

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Rip in Geemrz, limb spikes: 2014-2015
"My greatest is dream is a world with more freaky reaction faces like Nintend0Ultra's."

Oh, an idea! You know how if you hold a button, and you can start the fight as either Sopo or Giga Bowser? What if you could start the fight as giant Ridley?

Also, it just personally peeves me his tail spike is purple; if there's gonna be nothing but bone there, then there's no point of covering it with skin.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Rip in Geemrz, limb spikes: 2014-2015
"My greatest is dream is a world with more freaky reaction faces like Nintend0Ultra's."

Oh, an idea! You know how if you hold a button, and you can start the fight as either Sopo or Giga Bowser? What if you could start the fight as giant Ridley?

Also, it just personally peeves me his tail spike is purple; if there's gonna be nothing but bone there, then there's no point of covering it with skin.
I will miss them too. But old version of the model will be available too.

Even if it is possible, i don't know enough code jibba-jabba for that.

Well, thats not really my choice - guys who made Ridley's design before Other M made it like this, so, i made it like this too.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
...not here yet.

But they didn't and most likely won't give me the codes required for that. Not that its actually needed. Neat, but not necessary.
I don't feel he'll be a complete Ridley without his Wolf-esque battle pose...

And walk animation...

And crawl...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't feel he'll be a complete Ridley without his Wolf-esque battle pose...

And walk animation...

And crawl...
Im not saying that i won't use anything they did for me like SilentDo0m's animations. I already recreated some of his animations as seen with dash, DTilt, DTaunt (uses SD's idle animation pose) and Fast Walk (this one is based off SD's slow walking animation) animations.
Wait, wasn't there gonna be a guy who was going to port Ridley over other characters?
Yes, but i haven't heard of him since...don't even know when. His name was PyortLuzhin as far as i remember.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, few guys here asked about Kirby hat for Ridley, so, here it is!

Kinda adorable. Just needs his wings, but i failed to properly put them on Kirby. Will try again soon. Ridley's head here is stretched to fit Kirby's head and looks a lot less threatening this way.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ooooooh. Now I'm curious. I will wait patiently.
Warning: Hype seals are weakening and becoming unstable.
It will be worth it, thats for sure.
K.Rool confirmed for PM 3.6 kappa
...unfortunately, no. It has nothing to do with PM.

...anyway, about some of the 2.0 changes not shown in the video or those that were done after it:
  • (most likely) Ridley will get his specs stuff back while still keeping rimlighting. He won't be as dark as he was before though.
  • Normal ledge attack replaced with just a claw swipe because current one is easy to spam.
  • FSmash knockback/damage buff to bring it closer to other slow, but strong attacks like Ike's FSmash. Since it has shorter range than before, it won't be a bad thing.
  • Side B will no longer be able to throw opponent down the pit if he gets too close to the edge of platform. Instead, he will leap back like he does during back roll and throw opponent down. Animation's duration won't change, so, he will be able to act quickly.
  • No diagonal fireballs because of what im trying to do with them. Well, unless that will fail. If it will, then damage nerf from 14 to 10.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Is this why you decided not to make K. Rool?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208537

Too bad it also goes over pit. I want to try it out.
Hey that's pretty cool.

So, few guys here asked about Kirby hat for Ridley, so, here it is!

Kinda adorable. Just needs his wings, but i failed to properly put them on Kirby. Will try again soon. Ridley's head here is stretched to fit Kirby's head and looks a lot less threatening this way.
I'll take seven please. :)

It will be worth it, thats for sure.

...anyway, about some of the 2.0 changes not shown in the video or those that were done after it:
  • (most likely) Ridley will get his specs stuff back while still keeping rimlighting. He won't be as dark as he was before though.
  • Normal ledge attack replaced with just a claw swipe because current one is easy to spam.
  • FSmash knockback/damage buff to bring it closer to other slow, but strong attacks like Ike's FSmash. Since it has shorter range than before, it won't be a bad thing.
  • Side B will no longer be able to throw opponent down the pit if he gets too close to the edge of platform. Instead, he will leap back like he does during back roll and throw opponent down. Animation's duration won't change, so, he will be able to act quickly.
  • No diagonal fireballs because of what im trying to do with them. Well, unless that will fail. If it will, then damage nerf from 14 to 10.
Ah right these sound pretty good, can't wait.

No, not that. Something A LOT better...
Villain pack?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'll take seven please.
SSBB does not supports 8-player smash and neither does PM. So, only 4 can be taken (well, there can be 6 players at once, but not in regular matches).
Villain pack?
Nope.

I decided what exactly to do with Kirby's copy of Ridley's fireball. It will have equal start up and end lag and will shoot a kinda small, but not that small fireball as powerful as it is now, with damage getting reduced and everything.
EDIT: welp, BrawlBox f***ing crashes. So, its just aesthetic now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom