• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Done with Page 3. Panel 36 marks the end of the cinematic.

Next is just going to be a few storyboards for the two specific scenes I'll be requesting out of the gameplay reel, then... maybe one other thing.

Edit: Do you mind Ridley talking in panels 35 and 36, Bagan? I understand that you didn't want him talking to be a major thing, but I really wanted to slip in just one line.
...btw, could you put those into spoilers? They are pretty big.

Depends on the voice. I still wouldn't recommend it because people don't really like this kind of thing unless there already is a voice for the character.

Last edited:

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
...btw, could you put those into spoilers? They are pretty big.

Depends on the voice. I still wouldn't recommend it because people don't really like this kind of thing unless there already is a voice for the character.
I like the way this guy does it:
Thus, I was thinking of requesting him to do the line. If you have any little problems with it, like the tone or whatnot, I could just ask him to change it a bit just for this (plus, it's just ONE line, he isn't going to be talking at all after that).

Edit: Just finished the last page. Listen up, @ Akzomp Akzomp , because this is for you, too.

Edit II: Just to clarify, everything except for the last panel is meant to be in-game. The last panel is an end title card like we've seen at the end of the Project M Roy and Mewtwo trailers.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Thus, I was thinking of requesting him to do the line. If you have any little problems with it, like the tone or whatnot, I could just ask him to change it a bit just for this (plus, it's just ONE line, he isn't going to be talking at all after that).
...i actually like this. Then one line is fine. If you'll be able to contact him - notify me or something.
...the cutcene in the video still makes me cringe. At least Ridley looks fine in it.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
The fact that someone that commonly post in this thread would defend Sakurai is as mind blowing. His denial of long time Metroid fans and bias ways implies he has zero sympathy for the Ridley supporters. I wouldn't say I couldn't care less for his health but I will say I could care less.

Just got the mod to work. A special thanks to Bagan and Cpt Ganondorf. That's some amazing work. If Brawl Ridley becomes Project M official over Other M Ridley, please Bagan. If you can, bring back all of the old moves you put into this mod like the Reflect Shield and Grab Slide and say F it as the final long awaited gif for his supporters. Don't let those brilliant moves and talent go to waste. You won't see me playing as Brawl Ridley as long as I live.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The fact that someone that commonly post in this thread would defend Sakurai is as mind blowing. His denial of long time Metroid fans and bias ways implies he has zero sympathy for the Ridley supporters. I wouldn't say I couldn't care less for his health but I will say I could care less.

Just got the mod to work. A special thanks to Bagan and Cpt Ganondorf. That's some amazing work. If Brawl Ridley becomes Project M official over Other M Ridley, please Bagan. If you can, bring back all of the old moves you put into this mod like the Reflect Shield and Grab Slide and say F it as the final long awaited gif for his supporters. Don't let those brilliant moves and talent go to waste. You won't see me playing as Brawl Ridley as long as I live.
Thanks. And not exactly sure what you mean by last part. I understand what you mean by Reflect Shield, but not other parts.

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp

Edit: Just finished the last page. Listen up, @ Akzomp Akzomp , because this is for you, too.

Edit II: Just to clarify, everything except for the last panel is meant to be in-game. The last panel is an end title card like we've seen at the end of the Project M Roy and Mewtwo trailers.
Ok, great! Just so you know, I will be out of town for about a week, so I will not be able to get to this until then. I don't want to hold anyone up, so if anyone else comes offering to do it, I won't be offended if I am replaced. But hopefully this isn't something that needs to be done soon because I would really like to be in on the production of this trailer. This will be my first priority when I get back. And again, if you need this finished sooner, feel free to get someone else to record it.

Also tagging @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros in here just in case. I don't think putting someone's username in a post notifies them, but whatever.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, great! Just so you know, I will be out of town for about a week, so I will not be able to get to this until then. I don't want to hold anyone up, so if anyone else comes offering to do it, I won't be offended if I am replaced. But hopefully this isn't something that needs to be done soon because I would really like to be in on the production of this trailer. This will be my first priority when I get back. And again, if you need this finished sooner, feel free to get someone else to record it.

Also tagging @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros in here just in case. I don't think putting someone's username in a post notifies them, but whatever.
Well, we can't really do it right now anyway, so, no big deal.

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
I have returned from my self imposed exile to say thank you to everyone who worked on this awesome mod. It astounds me to be playing as Ridley, Thank you. Also has anyone been having problems with zelda after installing? She has been crashing my game with her side special.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Bagan, have you ever considered making an alt. costume based on his statue's design in Super Metroid?

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
Well, we can't really do it right now anyway, so, no big deal.
Yeah, unfortunately I don't think that work can begin on the cinematic until maybe the later half of August. I gotta get the models to a friend who will convert them into MDL (Source engine model format) for my friend that's gonna make the cinematic using SFM. @ Akzomp Akzomp , feel free to begin work on the in-game footage sooner if you'd like to (and you could take some liberties on the in-game scenes that I specified, if you deem it necessary).

If either of you guys need anything from me else from me at the moment (like to see the storyboards again), just let me know.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Bagan, have you ever considered making an alt. costume based on his statue's design in Super Metroid?

Well now that I remember that there's a Super Metroid costume for Ridley somewhere, maybe we can have that statues design as the Metal Box Color for the Super Metroid Ridley Costume. ;)

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Well now that I remember that there's a Super Metroid costume for Ridley somewhere, maybe we can have that statues design as the Metal Box Color for the Super Metroid Ridley Costume. ;)
I can do that, just give me a bit, ok? Does anyone know/have a link on how to change metal textures?

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Hey Began. Long time watcher, first time writing in this thread. GREAT job!

Yes, but its not that simple. Just renaming files will cause him to crash the game. Ask PyortLuzhin for more info on that.
Who would this "PyortLuzhin" be? Can't find him as member on the smashboads. ^^

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
I found a really weird glitch/bug. If you play on turbo mode and grab someone with Ridley's side b and then use his side b again while you are dragging the opponent, they will fall out of your grab and Ridley will become frozen and not be able to move until he is attacked. Even after Ridley becomes controllable again, he will randomly freeze during the fight.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have returned from my self imposed exile to say thank you to everyone who worked on this awesome mod. It astounds me to be playing as Ridley, Thank you. Also has anyone been having problems with zelda after installing? She has been crashing my game with her side special.
Thanks to you too. And i have no problems with Zelda. That might be just PM3.6.
Yeah, unfortunately I don't think that work can begin on the cinematic until maybe the later half of August. I gotta get the models to a friend who will convert them into MDL (Source engine model format) for my friend that's gonna make the cinematic using SFM. @ Akzomp Akzomp , feel free to begin work on the in-game footage sooner if you'd like to (and you could take some liberties on the in-game scenes that I specified, if you deem it necessary).

If either of you guys need anything from me else from me at the moment (like to see the storyboards again), just let me know.
SFM?! Thats awesome! And i can wait.
I found a really weird glitch/bug. If you play on turbo mode and grab someone with Ridley's side b and then use his side b again while you are dragging the opponent, they will fall out of your grab and Ridley will become frozen and not be able to move until he is attacked. Even after Ridley becomes controllable again, he will randomly freeze during the fight.
I already know about it. And i also know that you can cancel UThrow in the middle of it. I will fix Side B, but not UThrow because latter one has no bad side effects.
So long until we see that sexy new model in action?
Idunno.
Hey Began. Long time watcher, first time writing in this thread. GREAT job!

Who would this "PyortLuzhin" be? Can't find him as member on the smashboads. ^^
Thanks and Its PyortLuzhin. Looks like i made a typo.
I can do that, just give me a bit, ok? Does anyone know/have a link on how to change metal textures?
You just edit *material's name*_ExtMtl for that kind of stuff. Replace "metal" with something else or just mess around with material's lighting stuff to make it gold instead of grey.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Is there any tutorial around that details to steps to make it so Ridley appears on the CSS with his name and portrait along with stock icons?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is there any tutorial around that details to steps to make it so Ridley appears on the CSS with his name and portrait along with stock icons?
There should be one somewhere here or on KC-MM. Its not speciffically for Ridley or something, but it works for him too.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
hey bagan, i haven't seen your Brawl Ridley PSA for a long while

is it alright if you can post a gif of it's idle animation at least?

oh and 3.6 is out

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
hey bagan, i haven't seen your Brawl Ridley PSA for a long while

is it alright if you can post a gif of it's idle animation at least?

oh and 3.6 is out
I haven't been working on that one in favor of Other M (not sure how else to call him) Ridley and Dark Samus (who im not sure if i should continue since Dark-Samus-Lives didn't actually dropped it and made some new progress already), but here ya go:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I haven't been working on that one in favor of Other M (not sure how else to call him) Ridley and Dark Samus (who im not sure if i should continue since Dark-Samus-Lives didn't actually dropped it and made some new progress already), but here ya go:
kinda think the wings should be down a bit more but thanks anyways

man i wish i could get my Brawlbox working once again on my Linux Mint 17 so i can practice editing characters. probably one of the .NET frameworks is acting out on Wine 1.7 again

Cahalan

Smash Ace
On the matter of Dark Samus, why not collaborate with @Dark-Samus-Lives and merge you ideas together in some way.

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
I just tried Ridley for the first time and I thought it was AWESOME! Thank you for your hard work on this character. He feels good to play, and he looks incredible.

I really hope that Ridley gets into official PM at some point!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
kinda think the wings should be down a bit more but thanks anyways

man i wish i could get my Brawlbox working once again on my Linux Mint 17 so i can practice editing characters. probably one of the .NET frameworks is acting out on Wine 1.7 again
I can do this, but they don't get in the way as much in their current position.
On the matter of Dark Samus, why not collaborate with @Dark-Samus-Lives and merge you ideas together in some way.
Good idea. Probably should contact him in such case.
I just tried Ridley for the first time and I thought it was AWESOME! Thank you for your hard work on this character. He feels good to play, and he looks incredible.

I really hope that Ridley gets into official PM at some point!
Thanks and i hope so too. Kinda.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Dang, very sad about this. Mostly because I loathe Team Ninja's design of Ridley, but whatever. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dang, very sad about this. Mostly because I loathe Team Ninja's design of Ridley, but whatever. :p
Well, i kinda fixed their design and that Ridley isn't getting completly dropped. Just has less priority due to being far less finished while i don't have much left to finish on next default Ridley update, something i should do after 3.6's full release anyway.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I was just curious, but how does the current classic Ridley model look from the front when idle? I'm only asking because from the side, the wings look very squished together just to save space on the character model. It might just be perspective messing with me though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I was just curious, but how does the current classic Ridley model look from the front when idle? I'm only asking because from the side, the wings look very squished together just to save space on the character model. It might just be perspective messing with me though.
Here ya go:

Top Bottom