• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
He won't get faster with new animation unless i change his attributes. Running (and walking) animations are adapted to what is set in the attributes, so...you know...Either way, i'll have to replace that animation at some point because i don't have enough patience to change all rotation values for over 15 bones in each frame and there are 60 of those when i'll have to fix thrown animations.

That would make it rather unfair for guys like Bowser (Bowser can spot dodge or roll when fast projectile are getting too close while keeping distance between each other, but he can't do same with many slow projectiles close to each other, so, it could make it possible to just spam those fireballs and create unavoidable wall of fire). Slow projectiles is more fitting for trapper kind of character (Emperor Mateus' Flare attack in Dissidia is a good example...but its a 3d game, so, its not as effective as it would be in something like SSB).

Actually, i had this in mind since day 1. Its seen on first moveset showcase video, back when he still was over Lucario. But unfortunately, its not possible while he is over Pit. He can charge his projectiles, but they can't be changed in appearance or anything outside of damage. BUUUUT if i'll discover any way to add it, i'll do it.
Ooooh. Alright, man. Yeah. Bowser's dodges would be useless against slow fire balls now that I think about it. Understood.

MM125

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I downloaded this mod, and replaced all the files in my SD card. Ridley shows up on the CSS, but for some reason it loads Brawl Pit, but with Ridley's sound effects.

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
@LOL DUDE

Okay, I would like to start working on the gameplay trailer this week. For some reason LOL DUDE's storyboard images don't load for me, so if you could re-post them, please do. Also, @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , the installation method of the latest Ridley mod version changed, correct? If so, could you please reply with an explanation on how to install it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I downloaded this mod, and replaced all the files in my SD card. Ridley shows up on the CSS, but for some reason it loads Brawl Pit, but with Ridley's sound effects.
Weird. Does Pit's folder now contains files "FitPit00.pac" and "FitPit00.pcs"?
@LOL DUDE

Okay, I would like to start working on the gameplay trailer this week. For some reason LOL DUDE's storyboard images don't load for me, so if you could re-post them, please do. Also, @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , the installation method of the latest Ridley mod version changed, correct? If so, could you please reply with an explanation on how to install it?

Thanks.
Sure. But you'll have to receive updated files so he wouldn't look too outdated.
Either way, it goes like this (no speciffic order here):
  • Put file "sc_selcharacter.pac" from projectm>pf>menu2 into sd card into same folder as in the pack.
  • Insert folders from projectm>pf>fighter in the pack into same folder on the sd card.
  • Open RSBE01.gct from sd card in the codes folder with BrawlBox v0.73. Then, add 2 new codes and insert 0445583C 03000000 into first new code, then insert 044565BC 8059E060 into second new code. This will not change Ridley's placement on CSS, but he will be called Ridley on result screen and he will have proper franchise icon.
  • Insert 10.sawnd from projectm>pf>sfx in the pack into same folder on sd card.
  • Insert files from projectm>pf>sound>strm into same folder on sd card.
  • Insert files from projectm>pf>info>portrite into same folder on sd card.
And its done...i think...

Oh, and alt model can be used now.

Its a minor thing, but im out of updates anyway, so, gotta prepare some filler. Other than that, i made default model thinner, brought back previous running animation and fixed few things about it like head and tail movement. I also replaced dash animation to look like some sort of lazy dash or something. It transitions into running animation better, makes dash dancing look more...natural and it looks like what he does before starting to run in Other M.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yup. It's just not loading them, or the FitPit.pac file, for whatever reason.
Then i can't help. It should load them. Might be something about your sd card.
Going off of what Bagan said, I'd reformat your SD card in a FAT32 format. Before doing so, I'd copy all of the SD Card's contents onto your computer just to be safe.

In other news, I'm finally able to faithfully recreate the PM Style of CSS Icons. Here are two relevant examples:
dark samus.png
ridley.png

I've also redone the Ridley icon it self to show more of the face, the template I use now is below:
ridley.png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Going off of what Bagan said, I'd reformat your SD card in a FAT32 format. Before doing so, I'd copy all of the SD Card's contents onto your computer just to be safe.

In other news, I'm finally able to faithfully recreate the PM Style of CSS Icons. Here are two relevant examples:
View attachment 70979 View attachment 70980

I've also redone the Ridley icon it self to show more of the face, the template I use now is below:
View attachment 70981
Looks rather...blurry. Other than that, looks fine. I'd recommend lowering him on the icon though. His eyes will be covered with his name if left this way.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Looks rather...blurry. Other than that, looks fine. I'd recommend lowering him on the icon though. His eyes will be covered with his name if left this way.
It's alright, I personally prefer a name-less CSS (Use Ondo's if you cant figure out how, plus his makes the .pac file smaller) because of cluttering and the fact that it's redundant to both have a name over both the CSS Icon AND the CSP of the character. But I still understand your criticism nonetheless.

Edit: The blurriness is me re-sizing the original image of Ridley in Paint.Net using the best quality option and shrinking it with percentages rather than strict dimensions. Although you wont notice it much in game... unless you use dolphin in which case you can make it as big as you want for a better quality image.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

Sure. But you'll have to receive updated files so he wouldn't look too outdated.
  • Put file "sc_selcharacter.pac" from projectm>pf>menu2 into sd card into same folder as in the pack.
  • Insert folders from projectm>pf>fighter in the pack into same folder on the sd card.
  • Open RSBE01.gct from sd card in the codes folder with BrawlBox v0.73. Then, add 2 new codes and insert 0445583C 03000000 into first new code, then insert 044565BC 8059E060 into second new code. This will not change Ridley's placement on CSS, but he will be called Ridley on result screen and he will have proper franchise icon.

Its a minor thing, but im out of updates anyway, so, gotta prepare some filler. Other than that, i made default model thinner, brought back previous running animation and fixed few things about it like head and tail movement. I also replaced dash animation to look like some sort of lazy dash or something. It transitions into running animation better, makes dash dancing look more...natural and it looks like what he does before starting to run in Other M.
AHHHHHH I Need this update...

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet

Do you have any sort of estimate as to when this stuff will be released?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
His hands look super big.
They always were big.
Somebody skipped arm day... Still looks good nonetheless.
More like someone forgot to eat.
So I'm guessing the the smiling hooked tail model will be an extra uh?
Yeah. Decided to go this way because its extra teeth and shape of upper jaw might be edgy enough to cut. Yeah, its somehow looks more accurate to Zero Mission sprite this way (unintentionally of course), but better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
They always were big.

More like someone forgot to eat.

Yeah. Decided to go this way because its extra teeth and shape of upper jaw might be edgy enough to cut. Yeah, its somehow looks more accurate to Zero Mission sprite this way (unintentionally of course), but better safe than sorry.
It'll still be extra to download right?

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Any major changes to his attacks or specials?

I really want to see that awesome looking model in action, like you can just look at his and tell he kills just for the fun of it and loves to eat whatever he kill's, like a dragon xenomorph type creature that has blood lust on the brain and is looking for his next meal, it like he's mocking you with his wicked smile, like "yeah I COULD kill you now but I'm drag it out slowly and I'll in front for your loved ones as well" a truly evil creature that has a grudge against the one who he failed to kill all those years ago, and now the time is now to finish the job!

I could go on and should but I think you get the point.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I really want to see that awesome looking model in action, like you can just look at his and tell he kills just for the fun of it and loves to eat whatever he kill's, like a dragon xenomorph type creature that has blood lust on the brain and is looking for his next meal, it like he's mocking you with his wicked smile, like "yeah I COULD kill you now but I'm drag it out slowly and I'll in front for your loved ones as well" a truly evil creature that has a grudge against the one who he failed to kill all those years ago, and now the time is now to finish the job!

So far, there are quite a lot of them (including those i listed at some point). I don't remember all of them, so, i'll list those i remember:
  • UTilt's blindspots are a lot smaller
  • FAir has higher range and lower start up, but longer end lag
  • UAir's hitbox comes out earlier, but knockback has been reduced
  • DAir now acts more like normal meteor smash and at the cost of hitboxes lasting for like 5 frames (old DAir is still usable by holding A, but he doesn't bounces up as high anymore and he doesn't goes up on first few frames when using it)
  • Jab is slower, stronger and easier to execute
  • UThrow deals a lot more knockback than before
And thats all i remember.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet

So far, there are quite a lot of them (including those i listed at some point). I don't remember all of them, so, i'll list those i remember:
  • UTilt's blindspots are a lot smaller
  • FAir has higher range and lower start up, but longer end lag
  • UAir's hitbox comes out earlier, but knockback has been reduced
  • DAir now acts more like normal meteor smash and at the cost of hitboxes lasting for like 5 frames (old DAir is still usable by holding A, but he doesn't bounces up as high anymore and he doesn't goes up on first few frames when using it)
  • Jab is slower, stronger and easier to execute
  • UThrow deals a lot more knockback than before
And thats all i remember.
There is also:
  • Ftilt becoming a fast two hits move with more vertical reach, but lower knockback.
  • The amount of time and the speed at which you can move during a successful aerial sideB being greatly reduced.
I also believe his rolls have been normalised. They are faster, at least.

I'm hyped for the thinner model, hope we get it Soon™.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
There is also:
  • Ftilt becoming a fast two hits move with more vertical reach, but lower knockback.
  • The amount of time and the speed at which you can move during a successful aerial sideB being greatly reduced.
I also believe his rolls have been normalised. They are faster, at least.

I'm hyped for the thinner model, hope we get it Soon™.
F***, can't believe i missed those and rolls and other kind of dodges were normalised to match 3.6's dodges and rolls.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Can you post what codes are used to make the port work please, I have a custom build that has Stage and Song codes..
Yes, I will do so at some point this week. Just so you know, the codes only change the character mark and the results screen name, so you can still use the port until I release the codes.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone ever make a soundbank that shared Pit's soundbank? If not, could someone post ridley's sfx? I'll make it if no one else will.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Top Bottom