• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial ROM2 Results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Does anyone know if the Link ditto between Mango and Skler was recorded? I was too busy playing Jman to watch. -_-

I heard it was made hype or something.

Spife

Smash Master
Does anyone know if the Link ditto between Mango and Skler was recorded? I was too busy playing Jman to watch. -_-

I heard it was made hype or something.

not sure but I can give you a run down
so game one, skler ***** mangos **** off. Mango has no **** any more. Skler has it.
Game two, skler felt bad and didn't want to make mango come all this way just to get his **** ***** off and cry, so he lost a game intentionally. Or vice versa, I think skler ***** mangos **** off game two and game one he just lulled him into a false sense of security.

So it's 1 for 1, mango's counterpick and he's fighting back tears. Now, don't get me wrong, mango is good, but he's not skler-nair good. Some one might say otherwise, skler even said "one stock high percent" but he's just being humble, and he was being humble. iirc (and I do, cause I have a photo graphic memory for this set) a lot of the damage was from him bombing himself, just to give mango a chance.

tldr: skler ***** his **** off but it wouldn't look like that to the untrained eye cause skler didn't want mango to cry. :bee:

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I heard it was recorded.

But if I remember correctly it was played over at one of the set-ups by the back of the room, like along the wall where the emergency exits were.

If that's the case, then it wasn't recorded by Prog, Waffles or anybody else who has tons of matches, as they were recording the set-ups by the registration desk. I don't think there were any recording set-ups anywhere else except for that row of TVs.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
All smashers check out my podcast where I interview Kwan on competitive gaming/fighter games in Japan and the US: http://blip.tv/file/2894471

(double posted in the RoM2 listing thread but oh well I'm really excited about it)
That was really enlightening. I was kinda disappointed at first because he didn't talk about japan's smash scene, but it turned out to be really interesting. I wanna see one of those touch screen card games. Sounds sick.

Good job on the interview.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
not sure but I can give you a run down
so game one, skler ***** mangos **** off. Mango has no **** any more. Skler has it.
Game two, skler felt bad and didn't want to make mango come all this way just to get his **** ***** off and cry, so he lost a game intentionally. Or vice versa, I think skler ***** mangos **** off game two and game one he just lulled him into a false sense of security.

So it's 1 for 1, mango's counterpick and he's fighting back tears. Now, don't get me wrong, mango is good, but he's not skler-nair good. Some one might say otherwise, skler even said "one stock high percent" but he's just being humble, and he was being humble. iirc (and I do, cause I have a photo graphic memory for this set) a lot of the damage was from him bombing himself, just to give mango a chance.

tldr: skler ***** his **** off but it wouldn't look like that to the untrained eye cause skler didn't want mango to cry. :bee:
Pretty sure this is wrong. I remember Skler counterpicking Rainbow Cruise for game 2 and ****** Mango on it. First and last game were neutrals. Last game was crazy close, both were over 100% and going for the SKRAHH.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
don't you love when windows update happens overnight while you're sleeping at the same time that you're uploading matches from rom2?

uploads resuming now.

otg

Smash Master
Mango, if you think something was wrong with you, that's fine. But you can look at this way, if you didn't lose to me, I think you would of probably won the tournament regardless and nothing would of changed for you. Losing might actually be beneficial for you in the end because it will remind you of what you need to do from now on. You said the Beast was unleashed, i want to see it. I can also say that something was wrong with me against PP since I think I was messing up a lot of technical and got punished for it or I was feeling too much pressure after our match and got nervous. But you know that's just wrong, i would much rather say that he was on fire or had more fire than me or just simply played better than me. Whatever influence you bring inside a tournament match is obviously each it's own problem and their own reasons for doing it. I can admit you will probably kick my *** next time we fight or if Im even able to reach you once more since the probability i'll lose to a player equal skilled than me is most likely 60/40 for them since I use Ganon and I'm most likely fighting a better character for top spots. That's the reality. I want to get Top 10 at Pound 4 and prove again I'm definitely someone to watch out for.. but it may or may not be like that, I don't know I don't control that. The only thing I can control is if I'm happy doing what I do right now or not. And so far, it's working wonders.

Don't think you diminished or people think lesser of you or something like that. I don't think at all it's like that.

Im pretty sure you've had lots of fun at RoM 2 and everybody is ****. =P

I'll maybe add some more, if you respond. =P

Edit: I need to say what's on my mind right now because I don't want to cause any drama in between players. I think it's better this way.
Such a **** and honest post. Nothing but respect for you Kage.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
yeah i know. i just have them run at 4 am because im not doing stuff at that time. in other news i am locked out of my car for the 2nd time in 2 days. ****.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
yeah i know. i just have them run at 4 am because im not doing stuff at that time. in other news i am locked out of my car for the 2nd time in 2 days. ****.
Dayum. Keep a spare in your wallet or something.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Kage's humble attitude towards Smash and competition is inspiring. I wish more of the top players were like him, because honestly, a lot of them come off as jerks.

Kwan

Smash Cadet
That was really enlightening. I was kinda disappointed at first because he didn't talk about japan's smash scene, but it turned out to be really interesting. I wanna see one of those touch screen card games. Sounds sick.

Good job on the interview.
I didn't mention it because I didn't see any of it. I didn't get the impression that there's much of a public smash scene in Japan - similar to how you'd only know about the smash scene in the USA if you knew people that played smash here.

I would have loved to be able to play smash there, given the chance.

Spife

Smash Master
Remember the first rule smashers

1.) NO JOHNS

this applies to everyone

So then where were you this tournament Mr Drephen? I wanted to get my fill of homo from your chain grabbing again :(

also, variola, like I said, to the untrained eye it looked close, but skler basically ***** his **** off.

unknown522

Some guy
Mango, if you think something was wrong with you, that's fine. But you can look at this way, if you didn't lose to me, I think you would of probably won the tournament regardless and nothing would of changed for you. Losing might actually be beneficial for you in the end because it will remind you of what you need to do from now on. You said the Beast was unleashed, i want to see it. I can also say that something was wrong with me against PP since I think I was messing up a lot of technical and got punished for it or I was feeling too much pressure after our match and got nervous. But you know that's just wrong, i would much rather say that he was on fire or had more fire than me or just simply played better than me. Whatever influence you bring inside a tournament match is obviously each it's own problem and their own reasons for doing it. I can admit you will probably kick my *** next time we fight or if Im even able to reach you once more since the probability i'll lose to a player equal skilled than me is most likely 60/40 for them since I use Ganon and I'm most likely fighting a better character for top spots. That's the reality. I want to get Top 10 at Pound 4 and prove again I'm definitely someone to watch out for.. but it may or may not be like that, I don't know I don't control that. The only thing I can control is if I'm happy doing what I do right now or not. And so far, it's working wonders.

Don't think you diminished or people think lesser of you or something like that. I don't think at all it's like that.

Im pretty sure you've had lots of fun at RoM 2 and everybody is ****. =P

I'll maybe add some more, if you respond. =P

Edit: I need to say what's on my mind right now because I don't want to cause any drama in between players. I think it's better this way.
that's a really good post. I think I learned a thing or two from it.

Still, Kage's the best in the world!!!
joking

Mango sucks now!!
joking again

I seriously want to see kage do well at pound 4 though.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
why is everyone so surprised that mango lost to kage,

he's kage.

the warrior.

probably come 1st at pound 4, unless twin and javi show up. lol

PB&J

Smash Hero
first thing- i seen the vid of te 0 drunk and no it wont be posted..u will thank me later tec and u dont have to apolpgize you were drunk its ok..

second thing-mango drunk- cant walk and bumped his head while i was trying to give him and milktea water..i hate alchahol..even though i know he will still probably drink..

3rd thing-no johns kage won twice after mango coming back from losers bracket in teams and winning and ****** jman..let kage have his victory

4th thing-if kage wasa rapper he just went diamond and won a grammy..****

5th- thanks milk teea for teaming with me it was fun..i had fun and thats all that couts to me in this game..hopefully we can team again in the future

last thing- this tourny was so much fun..shoutouts later

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
PB&J - =/ I feel really bad especially since I would never do say/do stuff like that =(.

But thanks and no I'll thank you NOW for not posting that. :ohwell:

That'll teach me to do that again........ maybe... ok it taught me to not go SO overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom