• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Sheik Matchup thread Week 1: Meta Knight

PeeP

Smash Apprentice
Ok sure I don't care I'll do any matchups it just doesn't seem like a very important matchup.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
You should go down the tier list (so yes, Snake next), because it generally works for tournament popularity too. Besides, I already know my character, I play her.

Rogue

Smash Cadet
Your Zelda needs to be top notch if you're going to switch for the KO. Like most short characters, you're going to have an impossible time hitting with Zelda's usmash when he's grounded, and he's going to make it very difficult to be in a position to get hit with it in the air. Actually, Meta is going to make it very difficult for Zelda to hit with anything. Meanwhile you will rack up % on yourself.

The switch to Zelda can be OK it just needs to be swift. Take note of any weaknesses in your opponent's defense. For instance, you can air dodge into some people and hit with a KO move if it's not predictable. Or you may just have to wait out an opening.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
60-40 and those who know how to use the chain to full potential can get that nice 33-50% rack up of damage before being knocked out of it.
And sure if you guys want to go by the "tier" list then Snake. Which I think isn't a hard match up compared to actually some of the "lower" tier characters.

if this thread is even going to be updated

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
dont try to gimp metaknight he will die at a low percent anyway so its not really worth it to try and end up getting shuttle looped.

throw your needles, dodge him a lot let him come after you. try to stay off the ground, use spot dodging more then rolling and transfer into either a f-tilt or a n-air.

explosion kills him good (up+b) espically on stages that have low ceilings. zelda doesnt work too bad against him either though.

personally i have an easier time just switching to zelda. you have to learn to play a character that has quite a different playstyle but it will make matchups like this easier, or at least shake up your opponent when your playstyle instantly changes =D

Top Bottom