• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman

Pac-Man was the dumbest choice for the namco guest spot. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia has more relevance with Nintendo, he should've been the Namco guest character.
Tales of Symphonia was originally a gamecube exclusive title, with a sequel on the Wii. He has made multiple appearances in other GBA and Wii games. There's a new Tales game coming out on 3ds in which Lloyd makes another appearance in. Nintendo paid for the english voice actors of Tales of Symphonia. Tales games have similar controls to Smash Bros. He already has more than enough moves to cover both a default moveset and custom moves. He already has alternate costumes they could use. He would be unique from the other Swordsmen because we still have yet to see a character that uses two swords instead of one, and all of his moves are completely different from the other characters in Smash.

That and Pac-Man's entire inclusion was half-*****. The majority of his moveset was just cherry picking from other characters in smash bros with just an added 8-bit sprite just to try cash in on "teh nostalgia bruh". The only move I actually have fun messing with is the fire hydrant, and even that gets old after a while. His WiiU stage is......ok. His 3ds stage is awful. The "remixes" are just the same damn tune that plays in the beginning of a pacman stage repeated over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER GOD ITS SO BLAND. His alt costumes are lazy too. Seriously Namco? Just changing his wrists and Shoes? GEE THATS TOTALLY NOT GOING TO BE CONFUSING IN PACMAN MIRRORS. You could've made recolors based off the ghosts, or hell slap a pretty bow for Ms.Pac-Man. BUT NOPE YOU TOOK THE LAZY WAY.
and what has PacMan done for Nintendo? Nothing! Every other guest has done something for nintendo.

Sonic:
Sonic adventure 1 DX
Sonic adventure 2 battle
Sonic Advance 1-3
Sonic Rush and Rush adventure

Snake
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

MegaMan
MegaMan 1-10
MegaMan X1-3

so why does PacMan get a free pass?
You forgot a main factor, which is the reason of why Sonic's & MM's friends ain't in Smashbros as charas.
These 3rd party characters are all revelant outside of VGs, and are part of pop culture.
In this case, PacMan is emblematic, and Lloyd is, no offense, a random RPG character from ( mainly ) a Gamecube Exclusive RPG that got in PS2 some months later. Not to mention, the Tales of series isn't really part of Nintendo's history. Sure the first one & Symphonia 1&2 were in, but there's way more version on Sony consoles. And Tales Of has like, lots of character to begin with,so he couldn't represent anything. Lastly, Shulk is basically a modern Lloyd and Xenoblade Chronicles is an actual exclusivity even if Shulk remains very random.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You forgot a main factor, which is the reason of why Sonic's & MM's friends ain't in Smashbros as charas.
These 3rd party characters are all revelant outside of VGs, and are part of pop culture.
In this case, PacMan is emblematic, and Lloyd is, no offense, a random RPG character from ( mainly ) a Gamecube Exclusive RPG that got in PS2 some months later. Not to mention, the Tales of series isn't really part of Nintendo's history. Sure the first one & Symphonia 1&2 were in, but there's way more version on Sony consoles. And Tales Of has like, lots of character to begin with,so he couldn't represent anything. Lastly, Shulk is basically a modern Lloyd and Xenoblade Chronicles is an actual exclusivity even if Shulk remains very random.
Okay

1. Remember, no debating others on opinions.
Lastly, Shulk is basically a modern Lloyd and Xenoblade Chronicles is an actual exclusivity even if Shulk remains very random.
What?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Not sure if I mentioned this yet, but I enjoyed Smash Tour after I got used to it. Granted, I haven't played with human players, but I haven't really seen anyone else say they like it.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I personally worry about the roster for future games, because with each coming installment, people will want more, and the roster will just get bigger and bigger. What if it becomes too big to handle without cuts or delays?

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
- Shulk, Marth and Lucina are so generic you could replace them with just about any swordsman around and no one would know the the difference.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
. Not to mention, the Tales of series isn't really part of Nintendo's history.
I already mentioned Symphonia 1+2, but theres also
-Tales of Phantasia SNES(And a GBA port was made too)
-Tales of the World Nakiri Dungeon 1-3 (GBC and GBA)
-Tales of Hearts (DS)
-Tales of the Tempest(DS)
-Tales of Innoncence (DS)
-Tales of Graces (Wii)
-Tales of the Abyss(3ds)
-Tales of the World Reve Unitia(3ds)
and The very first game in the tales series was a SNES game. The series started with Nintendo. Some games might appear on other consoles, but Nintendo is pretty much their homeland.

and Symphonia is actually a prequel to this, taking place 4000 years before the events of this game so...
. And Tales Of has like, lots of character to begin with,so he couldn't represent anything.
this is wrong too. Since canonically Lloyd is the first ever Tales protagonist. It all starts with him so he represents the series as a whole.

In this case, PacMan is emblematic
in that case better let in Crash Bandicoot, Micky Mouse, and Spyro. Just because they are "iconic" doesn't mean they should be in. Remember the other guests are relevant to nintendo, while Pac-Man has the LEAST relevance with nintendo.

Lastly, Shulk is basically a modern Lloyd.
lolno. Shulk and Lloyd are nothing alike.

-Shulk is more of methodical fighter who trys to think things through in a fight
-Lloyd is straight to the point, charging into a fight with everything he's got.
-Shulk fights with a large two-handed sword and uses range to his advantage
-Lloyd fights with two swords of average size, and is more of a quick close up fighter(which makes him different from the other swordsmen in smash, where the majority, if not all of them, uses long range attacks and try to control the space around them to keep their enemies away)

EDIT: oh and one last thing
In this case, PacMan is emblematic, and Lloyd is, no offense, a random RPG character.
"Lets cut Ness, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin, they are just random RPG characters.
While we're at it get rid of Falcon, hes just a random racing game character.
Oh and get rid of Pit, he was just a random platformer character.
After all these guys were barely known before Smash Bros. Nobody will miss them right?"

You see the problem with this thought process? Lets face it, nobody knew who Ness or Marth or even Falcon before they were brought into Smash Bros. Smash isn't just about famous faces, its also the chance to introduce people to lesser known characters.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
- Shulk, Marth and Lucina are so generic you could replace them with just about any swordsman around and no one would know the the difference.
I actually like Marth as a character and I agree to that. Ever since Melee we all complained about how generic he was, which is why we all preferred Roy (who is interesting in Smash but, ironically, is an unlikable cardboard cutout in his own game; Marth's polar opposite.) I beg to differ on Shulk, though, who I personally feel has a more unique and recognizable fighting style. Though he was my least-wanted potential newcomer pre-release, I'm ultimately glad he was added.

Speaking of Shulk, the swimsuit outfit was funny at first in the trailer and pics of the day, but in the game itself, it got old pretty fast.

I like For Glory having only FD variants and would probably complain if it was otherwise since it's just meant for quick matches without any obstructions, visibility- or gameplay-wise, not to replicate an entire tournament setting.

Hyrule: Temple is an iconic stage for the series and I'm happy that it looks like it will never leave.

I actually don't mind Pac-Land. It reminds me of dorky, zero-budget educational games I grew up with; it gives me a kind of odd nostalgia. (It irks me that they took the cross off the church steeple, though, especially since it's clearly visible in the virtual console release of Pac-Land.)

I'm glad that chaingrabbing was removed, because removing it was absolutely necessary in order to make Omega stages slightly less polarizing. Don't pretend that it wasn't utterly gamebreaking on FD in Melee, Brawl, and PM. Not to mention that, if the Ice Climbers return, they might actually have a chance of being a respectable character this time since it was their endless grabbing that made them broken in the past.

I prefer Fox's new voice.

Captain Falcon is a dork. I respect him for maintaining the legacy of Dragon King: The Fighting Game, but by no means do I like him. I never even choose him in F-Zero, a series I really do like.

As much as I've wanted a 1-up item since the beginning of the series, I think they could have chosen something better than the S-Flag.

The Barrel Cannon was the most tragic of the lost items.

I think we should work out some kind of system to allow some equipment, provided that it has restrictions like "no raising stat above x level" / "no using so and so custom effect" / "Powersaves will be permitted to recreate specific equipment values due to the difficulty of obtaining duplicates. A 3DS will be lended if the competitor does not own one" / etc. This is mostly because I want my Dark Pit to play differently from Pit, admittedly. Might bring some variation to all the Diddy Kongs out there as well.

I already mentioned Symphonia 1+2, but theres also
-Tales of Phantasia SNES(And a GBA port was made too)
-Tales of the World Nakiri Dungeon 1-3 (GBC and GBA)
-Tales of Hearts (DS)
-Tales of the Tempest(DS)
-Tales of Innoncence (DS)
-Tales of Graces (Wii)
-Tales of the Abyss(3ds)
-Tales of the World Reve Unitia(3ds)
and The very first game in the tales series was a SNES game. The series started with Nintendo. Some games might appear on other consoles, but Nintendo is pretty much their homeland.

and Symphonia is actually a prequel to this, taking place 4000 years before the events of this game so...

this is wrong too. Since canonically Lloyd is the first ever Tales protagonist. It all starts with him so he represents the series as a whole.

in that case better let in Crash Bandicoot, Micky Mouse, and Spyro. Just because they are "iconic" doesn't mean they should be in. Remember the other guests are relevant to nintendo, while Pac-Man has the LEAST relevance with nintendo.

lolno. Shulk and Lloyd are nothing alike.

-Shulk is more of methodical fighter who trys to think things through in a fight
-Lloyd is straight to the point, charging into a fight with everything he's got.
-Shulk fights with a large two-handed sword and uses range to his advantage
-Lloyd fights with two swords of average size, and is more of a quick close up fighter(which makes him different from the other swordsmen in smash, where the majority, if not all of them, uses long range attacks and try to control the space around them to keep their enemies away)

EDIT: oh and one last thing

"Lets cut Ness, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin, they are just random RPG characters.
While we're at it get rid of Falcon, hes just a random racing game character.
Oh and get rid of Pit, he was just a random platformer character.
After all these guys were barely known before Smash Bros. Nobody will miss them right?"

You see the problem with this thought process? Lets face it, nobody knew who Ness or Marth or even Falcon before they were brought into Smash Bros. Smash isn't just about famous faces, its also the chance to introduce people to lesser known characters.
For what it counts, Lloyd is playable in Super Smash Flash 2, as a fun Glass Cannon-type character; phenomenal offensive power... itty-bitty recovery.

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
:roymelee::pichumelee::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:I LOVE CLONES!:4ganondorf::4luigi::4falco::wolf::4tlink::younglinkmelee:
I didn't expect to see you here. :p

I dislike the existence of zoning characters, :4villager::4olimar::rosalina::4duckhunt: all slow down the game to such a crawl that they make it unfun for their opponents. I feel like those facing them have to put so much thought into everything, while they simply through out their hitboxes in the most effective patterns. I understand that there is more to these characters but damn they are so frustrating. Even facing :4diddy: I feel like his victories are more valid as he actually has to get through your defences to get damage, while the others place up their defences to damage you. It seems so backwards to me.

_gold_

Smash Master
Not sure why, but I was shunning Smash Tour for the longest time. I finally decided to give it a go the other day, and I actually enjoyed it. Haters gonna hate I suppose.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
:4ganondorf: being a Falcon clone has justified itself over the years. Hyrule Warriors making the Warlock Punch canon cemented it.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Wolf is by no means a clone, not even a semi-clone.
Really? Because his Side-B, Down-B, Up-B, Neutral-B and Final Smash are all pretty damn similar to Fox's, he's similar to Falco in speed and weight and he has little else original going for him, outside of model, a few alterations to the space animal moveset and voiceclips.

I mean, I'd love to have the guy back, but saying he's not a semi-clone is like saying Ganondorf wasn't a semi-clone of Falcon; it's not true.

OT: I'd prefer getting Ridley playable before getting Wolf back, no matter what.

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Really? Because his Side-B, Down-B, Up-B, Neutral-B and Final Smash are all pretty damn similar to Fox's, he's similar to Falco in speed and weight and he has little else original going for him, outside of model, a few alterations to the space animal moveset and voiceclips.

I mean, I'd love to have the guy back, but saying he's not a semi-clone is like saying Ganondorf wasn't a semi-clone of Falcon; it's not true.

OT: I'd prefer getting Ridley playable before getting Wolf back, no matter what.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I was going to explain everything to you, but you aren't worth the time.

Sincerely, a pissed-off Wolf main.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I was going to explain everything to you, but you aren't worth the time.

Sincerely, a pissed-off Wolf main.
I was actually going by the SmashWiki definition of the term, which is as such;
Semi-clone is a term used as a sort of midway point being "clone" and "non-clone". Semi-clones share some of their moveset with another character, and may have some similarity in physics, but have enough unique about them that calling them a "clone" wouldn't be entirely accurate.
Wolf shares his specials with Fox and Falco, despite the tweaks made; Wolf's Blaster is similar to Falco's Blaster, Fire Wolf is a modified Fire Fox, Wolf Flash is a modified Fox Illusion and he shares Reflector, as well. Wolf is also similar in weight to Falco (in terms of jumping height, at least; he's overall far heavier). Otherwise, Wolf is unique from Fox and Falco, but that still doesn't make him a clone nor does it make him a unique fighter; he's thusly, in basic terms, a semi-clone, though a borderline case of it at least.

He's still less of a clone than Pichu, Young Link, Dr. Mario (in Melee), Dark Pit and Lucina, at the very least. :p

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
I was actually going by the SmashWiki definition of the term, which is as such;

Wolf shares his specials with Fox and Falco, despite the tweaks made; Wolf's Blaster is similar to Falco's Blaster, Fire Wolf is a modified Fire Fox, Wolf Flash is a modified Fox Illusion and he shares Reflector, as well. Wolf is also similar in weight to Falco (in terms of jumping height, at least; he's overall far heavier). Otherwise, Wolf is unique from Fox and Falco, but that still doesn't make him a clone nor does it make him a unique fighter; he's thusly, in basic terms, a semi-clone, though a borderline case of it at least.

He's still less of a clone than Pichu, Young Link, Dr. Mario (in Melee), Dark Pit and Lucina, at the very least. :p
Quarter-clone

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
I like Lucina. I think of the character from an additive and 'better knockback' side of it. Sure, I won't kill at 40%. But you won't live past 120%, and it will only take a little longer.

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I like Lucina. I think of the character from an additive and 'better knockback' side of it. Sure, I won't kill at 40%. But you won't live past 120%, and it will only take a little longer.
Surprisingly not an upopular opinion in Lucina boards. :troll:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4lucina: >>>> :roymelee:

Granted, I can't stand both characters in their respective games but in Smash this applies.

I have this as my mantra if anyone wants to dispute my opinion:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I don't particularly mind Fighting Game clones and I don't have any problems with Dr. Mario, but in my opinion, :4darkpit: and :4lucina: were wastes of character slots for this game and I can't say I'm impressed with how they were handled in this game. I think they're both pretty cool characters in their own games, but I don't like them as much in Smash Bros. The way they were used, they should've just been alternate costumes imo.

Dark Pit is too much like Normal Pit and they've got like a few differences in 3 of their specials, a different final smash, and like their Ftilt (correct me if I'm missing). I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising yet, but for a badass who wields a staff (instead of a bow like Pit) in the game he came from, I think Dark Pit could've EASILY had more potential as a fighter than what they gave him here. Though he is not entirely identical to Pit, I just feel they didn't really give him enough differences to make him worthy of his own slot, and he isn't quite as good as Pit due to his slower, less controllable arrows. Everything else he can do is almost as good as Pits at least, so they're both still good characters in general. By himself, Dark Pit is still a cool character and one of the most fun for me to play in the game; I like his normals a lot and his cool dark demeanor is pretty entertaining too. I haven't played Kid Icarus yet, but all 3 of its representatives in this game make me wanna go out and buy it, and the game itself looks like a buttload of fun judging by internet videos. Additionally, I typically only play or main a character in smash if I know who they are or if I am a fan of their games; Shulk and the Kid Icarus characters being the only exceptions, so I gotta give him that too.

Lucina is perhaps both one of my favorite and my least favorite characters in the game at the same time. On one hand, I like Lucina's character from her own game, and as a standalone character in Smash I find her fun to play in general, she doesn't exactly fit my playstyle like my actual mains but she's still enjoyable. If I pretended Marth never existed and that she and her moveset are a brand new character to Smash, I would have few problems with how she plays, just like I said earlier with Dark Pit. On the other hand, her concept of having a fully balanced sword was a stupid idea in my opinion, having a sword strong throughout (and really not that strong in general) is basically a straight downgrade of Marth's tipper. Not only do they have the same moveset with very little differences, but even though Lucina is supposed to be a hand-holding character, she really ends up being a Super Hard Mode version of Marth, almost everything she can do, he can do better and she has little to no compensation for it. I mean, if you're gonna clone a character, you shouldn't make them almost completely worse than the default. To be fair, all 3 of the clones are looking to be worse than the originals, but Lucina is kinda the only one to lack anything significant, and I feel the gap between her and Marth is a little bigger than that of Pit and Dark Pit. I know :pichumelee: in melee was a lot worse than Pikachu, but the difference is that he was supposed to be weak, Lucina was made to be an easier but weaker version of Marth. They kinda got the 2nd part right, but I feel they've missed their mark on the first part and went for almost the exact opposite of what they were aiming for. Given her almost complete inferiority to Marth and glaring issues I wouldn't mind a balance patch coming to her aid sometime, even though its really early in the game her weaknesses are pretty glaring to me and I think her concept was just a bad idea from the get-go that needs refinement. I would even go as far to say that she's character who needs to be fixed the most, and if I could pick only one character to be changed I'd pick her, I'd rather have Lucina buffed than Diddy nerfed.

I love them both as characters in their own games and they are still exciting as standalone fighters in Smash, but I feel they weren't really given enough differences to make it worth giving them an extra slot, they should've just been alternate costumes. And as for the few differences they do have with their originals, said differences honestly do them both more harm than good, especially for Lucina. I know they weren't originally planned to be in the game, were added late, and it took little manpower to create the 3 clones, but still. Personally, I'd rather have them as alternates for Marth/Pit so thy would be just as viable as their originals instead of dumbed down versions of them, they were never given many differences from each other to begin with anyway, so I don't see what they would have had to lose.

On a side note, while I find her design cute and beautiful in Fire Emblem, I'm not too big a fan of Lucina's character artwork in Smash Bros:
I don't think this drawing was really bad, but this picture of her kinda scares me when I see it. Looking at her eyes, she looks like she's really pissed off about something, she's giving me the evil eye, or she's staring right into my soul. Whatever it is, she does not look like she's in a good mood, she looks like she means business, and holding that long sword doesn't make me feel any more comfortable when I look at this artwork. I guess it makes sense considering how this is a fighting game, and she's got a super serious personality, but to me she doesn't look NEARLY as good as she does here:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
This thread got boring. Or maybe it's just because I don't have much to say. Let's see...

- I don't understand why they don't have all Omega stages be tourney legal. They're all fine in their own right, except Gamer Omega because it pisses me off how zoomed out the camera is.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
This thread got boring. Or maybe it's just because I don't have much to say. Let's see...

- I don't understand why they don't have all Omega stages be tourney legal. They're all fine in their own right, except Gamer Omega because it pisses me off how zoomed out the camera is.
Isn't it because of music copyright?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Isn't it because of music copyright?
Couldn't they just turn it off or something? Adjust the My Music setting.

Also I :facepalm:'d when I read this. I just woke up and I'm already fricking done with the day. Is that really the reason?

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Couldn't they just turn it off or something? Adjust the My Music setting.

Also I :facepalm:'d when I read this. I just woke up and I'm already fricking done with the day. Is that really the reason?
Yeah that's actually the reason. APEX would've had a bigger stagelist.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Haven't used this thread in a while, but here are some Pokémon opinions from a big fan of that franchise:
  • Pokémon characters included for either their super-popularity or their significance are fine additions, whether or not the anime / any outside-of-the-games material made them that popular, so I really don't appreciate all this complaining over Pokémon like Greninja, Lucario, or even Charizard which I've surprisingly seen around as of late. Nonetheless, I still think most Pokémon characters included in Smash should be either the most significant ones or the most popular ones--as much as I love Pokémon like Primeape, Scizor, Zangoose, Garchomp, Accelgor, and Tyrantrum, I'd be weirded out by their inclusions since they don't necessarily stand out as much as other Pokémon do, especially the ones in Smash already. Even if I dearly love them in the Pokémon games themselves. They'd be more well-suited to Pokken (which I'm really looking forward to by the way).
    • Furthermore, Pokémon I personally consider "significant" are starters, gift Pokémon (eggs or otherwise), Legendaries (the ones that stand out compared to the others in their Gen, at least), or (the admittedly few) ones important to the plot. I suppose pseudo-Legendaries could work, too (Pokémon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, etc, for those of you who don't know the term), but they'd need to be supported by a hefty amount of popularity. If they aren't riding on super-popularity alone like Pikachu and (to a much, much lesser extent currently) Jigglypuff, then if other Pokémon fighters fit those categories I'd be completely fine with their inclusion. I think that's an agreeable kind of criteria and literally every Pokémon character ever in Smash has fit in those regards (except maybe Pichu but he gets a pass due to being related to Pikachu) so they all get a pass from me, and I dearly want them all back :pichumelee::squirtle::ivysaur:. This is all pretty pedantic-sounding, I know, but I like to believe if Sakurai kept including Pokémon this way people wouldn't find it too controversial, just the loud, vocal, sometimes-not-that-into-Pokémon-anyway minority.
  • I'd be okay with a couple more Gen 1 Pokémon, as long as the later gens get love too (like Brawl including 3 extra Gen 1 Pokémon but still including Lucario). It's the most iconic Gen so I'd be alright with it, though there'll come a point where Kanto Pokémon should probably stop getting added.
  • I'd also be fine if, despite getting mostly Pokémon that fit my above criteria, we still ended up getting a wildcard inclusion from a future Gen in the next Smash. Though you could argue Jigglypuff currently fills that void, I'd be fine with a Pokémon included not because of popularity or significance but because someone thought of a super-neat idea for it and put it in Smash that way. Sakurai and his team really have a creative way with movesets, so I'd trust them in that regard.
  • While I'm not super-huge on Pokémon Speak (saying their names over and over), I'll tolerate it if it's handled alright like with Greninja (even if I'd prefer he stay silent like a ninja). This goes for future Pokémon inclusions, though they should also mix it up with the Charizard (bestial / adorable animal noises) and Mewtwo (human speech) approaches. Otherwise they should keep doing what they did with Greninja and at least make the individual syllables of their name sound like grunts or kiai.
  • Pokémon's big enough that I wouldn't mind if its number of Smash fighters matched that of the Mario expanded universe (Mario, Yoshi, DK, and Wario game characters put together) as long as they're all chosen / implemented well. Though the other Smash series should get some love as well to compensate and make those fans happy too. Like how I didn't mind Kid Icarus getting three characters, I just minded that some other franchises I also saw as deserving not getting an extra character as well (or worse, taken away, like with Star Fox and Mother / EarthBound). There's a difference.
  • Pokémon trainers should come back, if only as a background element for certain playable Pokémon. Red, Blue, Cynthia, etc. would be great additions to Smash that way, as they're well-loved even if the Pokémon themselves are more popular. Just seeing Calem or Serena in the background cheering Greninja on would be great, even if they're not fighting themselves. I miss that about Pokémon Trainer from Brawl :(
Well that about wraps it up. I hope some people here appreciate what I had to say if any of it felt like it wasn't vocalized enough around the boards elsewhere.

Last edited:

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
I think that Diddy Kong and Charizard are disgustingly stupid 100-0 untouchable characters. But please, if you're one of those people who plays either of those characters, try not to scream and cry and call me a troll/flamer, this is my honest opinion.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I think that Diddy Kong and Charizard are disgustingly stupid 100-0 untouchable characters. But please, if you're one of those people who plays either of those characters, try not to scream and cry and call me a troll/flamer, this is my honest opinion.
I'm not gonna condemn you for your opinion. But I do suggest seeking help with the matchups. It looks like you're a Rosalina player, so you should go to the Rosalina character forum to get some assistance.

Anyways, I think that we should experiment with custom equipment in tournaments.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Except you are actually a troll.

>Recently joined
>Mains every top tier character
>Name

Yeah, get out.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I dislike custom moves, because they just look ridiculous.
Like 90% of them are just the same attack, but faster, slower or explosive (for some random reason).
They are also annoying to unlock, unbalanced and I don't like that they are individual moves instead of sets, like in Mortal Kombat X.
I would have loved an Ice Mario Set, for example, or a Wizard Ganondorf Set, Fire Kirby, etc, but no.

Awesome idea, crappy implementation, just like the Stage Builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom